Anything sportlike
Robert Heenan
Winner - TOTY 2011!!!!

Re: Your club’s top 5 best & worst managers you’ve seen

Post by Robert Heenan »

VeritasVincit wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:44 am
Robert Heenan wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:10 am Mr VeritasVincit

Do you support Man Utd?
I always regard 'support' as meaning going to the ground and watching live. That's what I did in the long distant past - Stretford End, then Old Trafford Paddock.
That's why I remember a little of the pre-Munich team and lots of the Law, Best and Charlton team.
I was on the Stretford End when Best made his first appearance in the first team.
Now I am an armchair follower, who doesn't get overly upset when things go awry, but still have a deep-seated dislike of certain teams.

And don't call me Mr VeritasVincit.
Its VeritasVincit, Veritas, or VV.
One uses Mr. when it is applied to a real surname, not a made-up name on a forum.
Well then Mr VeritasVincit

Im a Man Utd supporter since FA Cup final day 1977. My old man has been a Man Utd supporter since 1950s.

Im not saying Bobby Charlton was a bad footballer and i have absolutely nothing against him whatsoever. He was OK but the likes of Robson, Keane, Ronaldo, Cantona, Mcgrath, Whiteside, Best, Law erc were miles better.

There's another thing about Bobby Charlton - His character.... Put it this way.. After the 1985 FA Cup final and what he did... My old man wanted to strangle him (believe me when i say my old man is not one to be messed with). I really like Ron Atkinson... Met him a few times but my old man would bump into him often... Lovely fella and it was only a matter of time before we were going to win the league... Bobby Charlton throughout the 1985 1986 season even after we'd won the first ten games that season kept undermining Ron Atkinson... There were tensions and it completely derailed what looked like a certain title triumph

Then there's the stuff regarding his soccer schools and his relationship or lack of with his own mother and much more talented and humble brother Jack.

If i was Michael Knighton and id bought the club... Id have Bobby Charlton completely eradicated from the history of the club. I don't want the good name of Manchester United tarnished by this sicko. Id do it... Id have him completely destroyed out of Manchester United.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Interesting stuff on Robert Charlton, Bobby. Heard from a few people that he's not a nice bloke.

There's a good biography on the Charlton brothers which dives deeper into their relationship. Absolute opposites in every sense - politics, demeanour, outlook on life etc.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

Robert Heenan wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:55 am

Do you support Man Utd?
I always regard 'support' as meaning going to the ground and watching live. That's what I did in the long distant past - Stretford End, then Old Trafford Paddock.
That's why I remember a little of the pre-Munich team and lots of the Law, Best and Charlton team.
I was on the Stretford End when Best made his first appearance in the first team.
Now I am an armchair follower, who doesn't get overly upset when things go awry, but still have a deep-seated dislike of certain teams.

One uses Mr. when it is applied to a real surname, not a made-up name on a forum.

Im a Man Utd supporter since FA Cup final day 1977. My old man has been a Man Utd supporter since 1950s.

Im not saying Bobby Charlton was a bad footballer and i have absolutely nothing against him whatsoever. He was OK but the likes of Robson, Keane, Ronaldo, Cantona, Mcgrath, Whiteside, Best, Law erc were miles better.

There's another thing about Bobby Charlton - His character.... Put it this way.. After the 1985 FA Cup final and what he did... My old man wanted to strangle him (believe me when i say my old man is not one to be messed with). I really like Ron Atkinson... Met him a few times but my old man would bump into him often... Lovely fella and it was only a matter of time before we were going to win the league... Bobby Charlton throughout the 1985 1986 season even after we'd won the first ten games that season kept undermining Ron Atkinson... There were tensions and it completely derailed what looked like a certain title triumph

Then there's the stuff regarding his soccer schools and his relationship or lack of with his own mother and much more talented and humble brother Jack.

If i was Michael Knighton and id bought the club... Id have Bobby Charlton completely eradicated from the history of the club. I don't want the good name of Manchester United tarnished by this sicko. Id do it... Id have him completely destroyed out of Manchester United.
Now you've done it. I am now taking strong drink in the hope of erasing from my mind;
his 606 and 49 goals for the club, 3 Division 1 wins, 1 FA Cup win and a European Cup win.
As well as those 106 England Caps with 49 goals and a World Cup win.
My whole world has turned upside down. Let us hope the drink allows me to forget it all.

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Afraid Sir Bobby was dead to me the day he defended the parasites who stole my then club.
There's no poem, just prose.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

VeritasVincit wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:04 pm
Now you've done it. I am now taking strong drink in the hope of erasing from my mind;
his 606 and 49 goals for the club, 3 Division 1 wins, 1 FA Cup win and a European Cup win.
My whole world has turned upside down. Let us hope the drink allows me to forget it all.
To be fair, you can divorce the man from the footballer.

Being a great player doesn’t preclude you from being a fucking cunt. Personally, I’ve no time for the man myself, and heard bad reports from people who have met him. An aloof old bastard if nothing else.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

I couldn't care less about what someone did after they finished playing. If their behaviour impacted upon their playing, then that is different and a problem.

Robert Heenan
Winner - TOTY 2011!!!!

Post by Robert Heenan »

VeritasVincit wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:04 pm
Robert Heenan wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:55 am

Do you support Man Utd?

Needs obliterating from football history just like his lowlife scumbag pal of his from Brazil

Its like what my old man says... Put me in a room with Beckenbauer, Pele and Bobby Charlton and make sure you get three ambulances too. ... Believe me when i say my old man is not one to cross. (I've got actually got my mum's genes...far too mild mannered)

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

"Im a Man Utd supporter since FA Cup final day 1977"
So you never saw Charlton play for United.
Bloody arriviste!

Robert Heenan
Winner - TOTY 2011!!!!

Post by Robert Heenan »

VeritasVincit wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:01 am "Im a Man Utd supporter since FA Cup final day 1977"
Bloody arriviste!
I believe you know nothing about football. I don't mean any disrespect but you got to learn some manners and heed as well as understand opinions and views that go against your beliefs. Im not disrespectful to your beliefs.

Anyway theres many many folks who agree with me that Pele, Bobby Charlton, Franz Beckenbauer, Ruud Gullit and Thierry "arrogant" Henry are extremely overrated as footballers and as regards to human beings.... Worse than sewer rats with gutter trash morals

subsub

Post by subsub »

Robert Heenan wrote:
Im not disrespectful to your beliefs.
Robert Heenan wrote:
I believe you know nothing about football.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
WOKE AND PROUD

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

Robert Heenan wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:41 pm
VeritasVincit wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:01 am "Im a Man Utd supporter since FA Cup final day 1977"
Bloody arriviste!
I believe you know nothing about football. I don't mean any disrespect but you got to learn some manners and heed as well as understand opinions and views that go against your beliefs. Im not disrespectful to your beliefs.

Anyway theres many many folks who agree with me that Pele, Bobby Charlton, Franz Beckenbauer, Ruud Gullit and Thierry "arrogant" Henry are extremely overrated as footballers and as regards to human beings.... Worse than sewer rats with gutter trash morals
I may, according to you, know nothing about football but I know enough not to refer to Theo Walcott as a "black piece of human trash".
Do you know anyone who knows about football yet claims that?

By the way, I was playing football and refereeing and running the line at football before you decided to be a 'supporter'.

Robert Heenan
Winner - TOTY 2011!!!!

Post by Robert Heenan »

VeritasVincit wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:42 pm
Bloody arriviste!

I may, according to you, know nothing about football but I know enough not to refer to Theo Walcott as a "black piece of human trash".

By the way, I was playing football and refereeing and running the line at football before you decided to be a 'supporter'.
Mr VeritasVincit or otherwise Mr Ginger Marks(The Giggler)

If you can provide evidence or proof that i referred to Theo Walcott as "Black piece of human rash" then id appreciate it

So what you were referring.. Uriah Rennie was a referee and my kids know about football than him.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

One of the biggest tragedies of the modern era is the little film footage of Duncan Edwards, a player I would dearly love to see play, and many
may say he was better if not equal to Best in regards to talent.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

Robert Heenan wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:56 pm
VeritasVincit wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:42 pm
Bloody arriviste!

Mr VeritasVincit or otherwise Mr Ginger Marks(The Giggler)

If you can provide evidence or proof that i referred to Theo Walcott as "Black piece of human rash" then id appreciate it

So what you were referring.. Uriah Rennie was a referee and my kids know about football than him.
Did I say you had made that comment about Walcott?
It could have been anyone from a long list of contributors to past [not TF] forums;
My money’s on ‘Executive Consultant .’

What is the point about Uriah Rennie? Wasn’t he a black referee?

Why refer to me as ‘The Giggler’. Strange, that was one of the names also used by ‘Executive Consultant.’

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

What are you two bitching about?
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe