Positive Things to Come out of Covid-19

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: Positive Things to Come out of Covid-19

Post by Carlos J »

The Tick wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:28 pm
Carlos J wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:12 pm
I've said it before and sorry, Tick, for deviating, but many people in the sainted NHS, full of shirkers and cunts are also greedy, selfish bastards. And chill. :weedman:
No reason to doubt your words, carlos. But when all is said and done I'd rather live in a society where the NHS exists than one where it doesn't.

But a good way to support the NHS would be to live a less stressful and more healthier lifestyle in order to avoid medical ailments as much as possible.

Back to sustainability, I would hope that little changes in individual behaviours can have a cumulative and positive effect, and force the hand of corporations and governing bodies to take heed.

The video below examines the people versus governors approach to sustainable living. Both can make a positive effect if prepared to compromise and possibly, just possibly, coronavirus can be the spark to aid that. We'll see.

So would I, Tick as work for them, maybe wasn't so clear, but has been in previous posts about it.

And totally agree with the rest of your points though will watch video later.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

The Tick wrote:Ultimately, for those whove been able to tweak their living methods far, will a return to non lockdown revert us back to our old habits? Or can a more lasting positive effect come out of this?

I'm not trying to be a smart ass swedish teenager here, just pondering on what we can all do on a small scale with the indented collective effect on our societies.
Our reliance on digital technologies will undoubtedly increase. Unfortunately, not everyone is digitally literate and and disadvantaged individuals have limited access to resources at home. Local authorities, public libraries and information charities must work together to resolve these problems.

Young adults will question the validity of university education, and quite rightly too, amid the aftermath of COVID-19. Some universities that rely heavily on the overseas student market are not returning to in-person lecturing until 2021. Who would pay over £20,000 per year to look through a screen and study in a dormitory or at home? £9,000 per year for British students is bad enough.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

birdie

Post by birdie »

KeithArthur wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:40 am 1. The end of "We will deliver your package between 8am and 8pm, and require a signature, else it will be returned to our regional depot 40 miles away."

Now you get a knock on the door and its left outside.
Were is so, I ordered something, paid £3.99 for delivery, got an email saying it had been delivered and 'signed for by household', err, no, no knock on door, no signing for anything, so rang seller who said, yes, 'delivered' showing on the system, said would send a replacement, which they did, delivered by same company but this time the chap did knock on the door, but about 10 days later my daughter was going out and noticed something on the lid of the wheelie bin, yes, it was my missing parcel, which obviously had been dumped somewhere goodness only know where, because it wasn't on any of the doorsteps in my road as my daughter went all the way down to see if it was there when I got the original email.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Job security for football managers while there was no football. Will anyone be sacked before August ?
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

AlcoholBrazil wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:01 am Job security for football managers while there was no football. Will anyone be sacked before August ?
Already announced that Clotet is going at BCFC. Usual crap about mutual agreement and he feels it's time to move on, but he's being moved on.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

I suppose if one was to be logical, the best thing to come out of Covid-19 was the deaths because the global population really does need to be thinned-out. Looking at other global pandemics through history though, Covid-19 really was rather shite.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

carcinogen wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:34 am I suppose if one was to be logical, the best thing to come out of Covid-19 was the deaths because the global population really does need to be thinned-out. Looking at other global pandemics through history though, Covid-19 really was rather shite.
Very kind of the USA and UK to volunteer their own citizens to this noblest of causes.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Convenient for the Government that Covid saved them a fortune on paying out pensions. The old uns tend to save and not spend on
commercial tat like tattoos, piercings, vape fruits and lattes to keep the economy rolling. If you love your country , spend your money as
soon as you get it. It's not as if you are ever going to afford a house unless you are on over 50K a year.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Just made an appointment with my barber to sort out my barnet the week he reopens. Get in there! Result!

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

No Glastonbury or Wimbledon
There's no poem, just prose.

KeithArthur

Post by KeithArthur »

carcinogen wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:34 am I suppose if one was to be logical, the best thing to come out of Covid-19 was the deaths because the global population really does need to be thinned-out. Looking at other global pandemics through history though, Covid-19 really was rather shite.
Why didn't you sacrifice yourself in the national interest then? You could have licked a covid victim and helped the effort
"...Just time for Clive Vedmore to say "pie"..."

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

thots on the internet being so confused about a lack of attention in the real world.
Build Back More Betterer

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

KeithArthur wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:52 pm
Why didn't you sacrifice yourself in the national interest then? You could have licked a covid victim and helped the effort
Not sure what we’d do without his poems to be fair.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

KeithArthur wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:40 am 1. The end of "We will deliver your package between 8am and 8pm, and require a signature, else it will be returned to our regional depot 40 miles away."

Now you get a knock on the door and its left outside.
Yes & it works much better.

Or at least better than knocking on the door as quietly as possible & then running back to the van & driving off.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:18 pm No Glastonbury or Wimbledon
I’ve got to admit if someone gave me free tickets to Wimbledon I’d go.

Glastonbury? WTF is that all about.

Wading around in mud & avoiding stepping in vomit/shit doesn’t sound like my idea of fun - I don’t care whose playing on the 'main stage'.