Positive Things to Come out of Covid-19

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Rossco

Re: Positive Things to Come out of Covid-19

Post by Rossco »

It's woken more people up to all the bullshit and depths it goes to.

Some still sound Zzzzzzzzzzzz though.

It's a fascinating timeline for people whom observe and think for themselves in a real way.
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Ezekiel 25:17

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

The Tick wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:05 am On this topic I feel it is worth evaluating what we've done as individuals to aid our own living while doing so in a sustainable manner. This isn't a competition to see who's most righteous but a chance to share ideas about how our habits can change in order to support each other as a society.

I've tended more to shop from local smaller stores, sourcing out food and other products grown in local regions. I've cooked more of my own food than relied on supermarket sandwiches and microwave dinners. I've started using a composted in my garden to dispose of natural waste like grass and vegetables/fruits

The intended outcomes are things such as reduced contributions to waste management. Also eating more locally produced foods reduces the reliance on deliveries made by heavy fuel transportation. Buying less items wrapped in plastic where possible.

No doubt working from home means that theres lesser use of public and private transport which reduces pollution.

Ultimately, for those whove been able to tweak their living methods far, will a return to non lockdown revert us back to our old habits? Or can a more lasting positive effect come out of this?

I'm not trying to be a smart ass swedish teenager here, just pondering on what we can all do on a small scale with the indented collective effect on our societies.
I agree. Apart from your eco warrior bit. Until they call out China and India they are all full of it. The Green Deal is another part of Agenda 21. But I digress.

The rest. I concur.

Yeah....I know, right!
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Ezekiel 25:17

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

lambrini wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:48 pm
The Tick wrote:Ultimately, for those whove been able to tweak their living methods far, will a return to non lockdown revert us back to our old habits? Or can a more lasting positive effect come out of this?

I'm not trying to be a smart ass swedish teenager here, just pondering on what we can all do on a small scale with the indented collective effect on our societies.
Our reliance on digital technologies will undoubtedly increase. Unfortunately, not everyone is digitally literate and and disadvantaged individuals have limited access to resources at home. Local authorities, public libraries and information charities must work together to resolve these problems.

Young adults will question the validity of university education, and quite rightly too, amid the aftermath of COVID-19. Some universities that rely heavily on the overseas student market are not returning to in-person lecturing until 2021. Who would pay over £20,000 per year to look through a screen and study in a dormitory or at home? £9,000 per year for British students is bad enough.
lot of people will have figured out you can learn exactly the same stuff on udemy for a tenner.
Build Back More Betterer