Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
subsub

Re: Radio 2

Post by subsub »

WOKE AND PROUD

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Going against the grain but Vernon Kay is a decent choice. He's good on this station. Plenty of others worse than him (Ball, Whiley, Mills, Vine).

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Whoa JW. You're a sound fellow but WHAT THE FUCK
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

JW90 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:18 am Going against the grain but Vernon Kay is a decent choice. He's good on this station. Plenty of others worse than him (Ball, Whiley, Mills, Vine).
:shock:

GIVE
YOUR
HEAD
A
WOBBLE
SON

I do certainly agree with Whiley and Balls.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

You'll follow me when Big Vern is settled in.

I'd rather have Ken Bruce but the options are limited.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Even one of his new colleagues thinks Ken was fortunate to have continued as long as he has.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/ ... simon-mayo

subsub

Post by subsub »

Jonathan wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:35 am Even one of his new colleagues thinks Ken was fortunate to have continued as long as he has.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/ ... simon-mayo
This chap, whose Tweet I posted the other day, is spot on:

Dan Cocker, a radio producer who works for the BBC and commercial stations, tweeted: “Greatest Hits are promoting their new asset as much as possible. Ken’s name, image and voice are everywhere. Radio 2 recognise Ken is now a Greatest Hits brand and every extra moment he’s in a BBC studio is free advertising for his new gig.”

But all the kerfuffle is not about Ken Bruce, it's just yet another excuse to have a pop at the BBC :roll:
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

'The decision for Bruce to depart Radio 2 four weeks earlier than scheduled was an attempt to prevent him taking listeners across to his new show, the Times reported'.

How pathetic is that. Listeners have already disappeared, and more will follow. When a company shows blatant prejudice, only those who are prejudiced support it.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:45 am 'The decision for Bruce to depart Radio 2 four weeks earlier than scheduled was an attempt to prevent him taking listeners across to his new show, the Times reported'.

How pathetic is that. Listeners have already disappeared, and more will follow. When a company shows blatant prejudice, only those who are prejudiced support it.
I direct you to the quote from the radio producer in my post:

"Radio 2 recognise Ken is now a Greatest Hits brand and every extra moment he’s in a BBC studio is free advertising for his new gig.”
WOKE AND PROUD

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Mayo is such a bland little shitcunt. His brand of pleading and whining is perfectly suited to the hand wringing grauniad.
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

subsub wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:29 pm
Zambo wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:45 am 'The decision for Bruce to depart Radio 2 four weeks earlier than scheduled was an attempt to prevent him taking listeners across to his new show, the Times reported'.

"Radio 2 recognise Ken is now a Greatest Hits brand and every extra moment he’s in a BBC studio is free advertising for his new gig.”
I direct you to Bruce's BBC contract. It expires in 31/03/2023.

Are the BBC that insecure that they are afraid that they will lose listeners if Bruce sees out his contract. That ship has already sailed anyway.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Zambo wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:38 pm
subsub wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:29 pm

I direct you to Bruce's BBC contract. It expires in 31/03/2023.

Are the BBC that insecure that they are afraid that they will lose listeners if Bruce sees out his contract. That ship has already sailed anyway.
And he’s being paid until the 31st March. What part of that don’t you understand ? Blimey its hard work.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

I understand what's going on here which appears is more than you do. He wanted to stay until the end of his contract which is signed by both parties. It won't matter to him whether he's paid up to the end if it or not. The cunts at the BBC didn't even have the courtesy after all of the years he worked there to tell him why.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Zambo wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:49 pm He wanted to stay until the end of his contract which is signed by both parties. It won't matter to him whether he's paid up to the end if it or not. The cunts at the BBC didn't even have the courtesy after all of the years he worked there to tell him why.
A bit like football, then, where a legally-binding contract can be torn up as if it never existed by (a) a player who wants to leave, or (b) a club that wants the manager out :-)
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Zambo wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:49 pm I understand what's going on here which appears is more than you do. He wanted to stay until the end of his contract which is signed by both parties. It won't matter to him whether he's paid up to the end if it or not. The cunts at the BBC didn't even have the courtesy after all of the years he worked there to tell him why.
They both signed a contract and the BBC have agreed to it by paying him. It would never ever say it must allow him to broadcast 5 days a week between 0930-1200, come what may. FFS get a grip on reality.

One minute you are going on about R2 losing listeners and then you expect them to allow someone to broadcast his show up until the last Friday of his contract and then take it with him to his new employer on Monday morning. All this while his new station is adverting his arrival. It would be madness to allow that and Ken would fully know the score. As I said before, if this was in reverse Ken would have been off air the day he resigned.