Radio 2

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
Zambo

Re: Radio 2

Post by Zambo »

Putting all of that waffle aside, the bottom line is that The BBC have acted like arseholes. They have kicked him early due to paranoia about him advertising his new radio station. The mighty BBC. :lol:

“My belief is that when I’m given a contract, I work to it and complete it and I haven’t had, over the last 46 years, very much time off ever,” he said. “I’ve attempted to turn up whenever I’m required to turn up, so my natural feeling as a broadcaster is if I’ve got 17 days to do I want to do them.

It's a shame that this sort of attitude seems to be one of the past.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

All the BBC have done is what happens frequently in business.

If someone says they are leaving to join a competitor, especially if they are in sales or a creative role, it is common practice for them to be told to go home, be paid to the end of the contract, and not to engage with their new employer until the contract expires.

Why would the BBC be different?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Well they are different, but that's for a separate discussion, although it's been covered many times. Bruce wasn't in sales btw. He was, and is a popular broadcaster, who scared his employer to act in a pathetic manner. If Bruce had remained for the 17 days would that really have made an impact.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:09 pm Putting all of that waffle aside
SUBTEXT: I'VE BEEN SCHOOLED ON THIS SUBJECT

:lol:
WOKE AND PROUD

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

Zambo wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:50 pm Well they are different, but that's for a separate discussion, although it's been covered many times. Bruce wasn't in sales btw. He was, and is a popular broadcaster, who scared his employer to act in a pathetic manner. If Bruce had remained for the 17 days would that really have made an impact.
He didn't need to be in sales!
The point is there are times when your employee could take business with them.

I realise you don't like the BBC but find something else to harp on about.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

That's right, I don't like any organisation or individual who push a left woke agenda, and despite the amount of evidence to support that, those who deny that such an agenda exists, continue to make themselves look foolish.

However, this has nothing to do with that, it's just an opinion about reneging on a contract.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:35 am That's right, I don't like any organisation or individual who push a left woke agenda, and despite the amount of evidence to support that, those who deny that such an agenda exists, continue to make themselves look foolish.

However, this has nothing to do with that, it's just an opinion about reneging on a contract.
What's wrong with being woke?
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

subsub wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:37 am
Zambo wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:35 am That's right, I don't like any organisation or individual who push a left woke agenda, and despite the amount of evidence to support that, those who deny that such an agenda exists, continue to make themselves look foolish.

We are light years apart on everything, which includes the meaning of this word. Not worth the effort.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:41 am
subsub wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:37 am

We are light years apart on everything, which includes the meaning of this word. Not worth the effort.
I think you're using it in the tabloid sense, ie political correctness gone mad, but 'woke' is easier to squeeze into a headline.
It's a shame they're trying to change the original meaning, which just means having a political and social conscience.
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Whatever

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

This Bruce R2 shit chat is most amusing. :lol: :lol:
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Zambo wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:09 pm Putting all of that waffle aside, the bottom line is that The BBC have acted like arseholes. They have kicked him early due to paranoia about him advertising his new radio station. The mighty BBC. :lol:

“My belief is that when I’m given a contract, I work to it and complete it and I haven’t had, over the last 46 years, very much time off ever,” he said. “I’ve attempted to turn up whenever I’m required to turn up, so my natural feeling as a broadcaster is if I’ve got 17 days to do I want to do them.

And in his departing statement, Ken said the BBC is the finest broadcasting organisation in the world. Can’t dispute that Ken knows his stuff.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Jonathan wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:45 am
Zambo wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:09 pm Putting all of that waffle aside, the bottom line is that The BBC have acted like arseholes. They have kicked him early due to paranoia about him advertising his new radio station. The mighty BBC. :lol:

And in his departing statement, Ken said the BBC is the finest broadcasting organisation in the world. Can’t dispute that Ken knows his stuff.
:lol:
Indeed.
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

tbf, he obviously hasn't got a fucking clue. :D

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Professional and controlled down to his departure from Wogan House for the last time. I hope he had a quiet cry away from the cameras and mike.