Losing a Pet

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Red7

Re: Losing a Pet

Post by Red7 »

Heartbreaking news mate. Hope you’re all ok. Lost my dog to a heart attack when he was only 18M old. They gave me a week off work as I was that devastated so I can’t imagine the pain you must all be going through. X

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Red7 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:36 pm Heartbreaking news mate. Hope you’re all ok. Lost my dog to a heart attack when he was only 18M old. They gave me a week off work as I was that devastated so I can’t imagine the pain you must all be going through. X
Fucking hell that’s a bad do. Was it a congenital defect?
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

antdad

Post by antdad »

Thanks again everybody, even you Sadact. I can't realistically thank everybody's kind contribution to this thread but it is meant, writing the tribute and reading everybody's reaction has helped come to terms with the loss and today has been a much better day. After texting a few dog park pals about Charlie within 48 hours or so I had a dozen or so cards of condolence coming through the letterbox. I was absolutely astonished, I'd never heard of such a thing as these were acquaintances and barely friends, perhaps one or two actually knew my address but the mutt had clearly touched a lot of lives.

Edit...Very sorry for your loss Red7 and thank you for the kind words, the dying of such a young animal is a travesty.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

antdad wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:20 am Thanks again everybody, even you Sadact. I can't realistically thank everybody's kind contribution to this thread but it is meant, writing the tribute and reading everybody's reaction has helped come to terms with the loss and today has been a much better day. After texting a few dog park pals about Charlie within 48 hours or so I had a dozen or so cards of condolence coming through the letterbox. I was absolutely astonished, I'd never heard of such a thing as these were acquaintances and barely friends, perhaps one or two actually knew my address but the mutt had clearly touched a lot of lives.

Edit...Very sorry for your loss Red7 and thank you for the kind words, the dying of such a young animal is a travesty.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Red7 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:36 pm Heartbreaking news mate. Hope you’re all ok. Lost my dog to a heart attack when he was only 18M old. They gave me a week off work as I was that devastated so I can’t imagine the pain you must all be going through. X
So sad, Red. :(
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?