Losing a Pet

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
VeritasVincit

Re: Losing a Pet

Post by VeritasVincit »

paolo wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:07 am Little twat just cost me 75 dollars plus a 3am home
They do.
Mine has just cost the insurance company £750. I paid the excess £200+.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

blues4ever wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:16 pm
Sadact7 wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:37 pm Cheers fellas, appreciate the advice. I'll keep you updated on #DactCat
Best of luck and keep us updated.

I would be in the older cat camp, ours have always been rescues or strays, none of them had any problem with the tortoise.
Fair enough but what is your tort’s temperament like?

Mine is a violent, sex-crazed psychopath. He’d aggressively and tirelessly pursue them and has absolutely no fear whatsoever so getting a smack off the cat wouldn’t discourage him. I genuinely would worry that it would be stressful for an older cat which isn’t used to him.

State of some of these tossers just letting their pets harass and fight each other :roll:

Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

blues4ever

Post by blues4ever »

Sadact7 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:00 am
Sadact7 wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:37 pm Cheers fellas, appreciate the advice. I'll keep you updated on #DactCat

I would be in the older cat camp, ours have always been rescues or strays, none of them had any problem with the tortoise.
Fair enough but what is your tort’s temperament like?

Mine is a violent, sex-crazed psychopath. He’d aggressively and tirelessly pursue them and has absolutely no fear whatsoever so getting a smack off the cat wouldn’t discourage him. I genuinely would worry that it would be stressful for an older cat which isn’t used to him.

State of some of these tossers just letting their pets harass and fight each other :roll:

Our tort is not that bad !

When he does take an interest in the cat, the cat jumps up onto chair or table etc to get out of way.

Good luck which ever route you take.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

A tort, in common law jurisdiction, is a civil wrong that causes a claimant to suffer loss or harm, resulting in legal liability for the person who commits a tortious act. It can include the intentional infliction of emotional distress, negligence, financial losses, injuries, invasion of privacy, and many other things.
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

And there's a LOT more

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:24 am A tort, in common law jurisdiction, is a civil wrong that causes a claimant to suffer loss or harm, resulting in legal liability for the person who commits a tortious act. It can include the intentional infliction of emotional distress, negligence, financial losses, injuries, invasion of privacy, and many other things.
U773R P3N15

In a bit Foam Moe

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

At RegLawyers4U, Our Experienced Solicitors Can Help You Get The Compensation You Deserve. Claim Today. No Win No Fee Claims. You Typically Pay 25% Of Compensation, It May Be More Or Less.
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:11 pm At RegLawyers4U, Our Experienced Solicitors Can Help You Get The Compensation You Deserve. Claim Today. No Win No Fee Claims. You Typically Pay 25% Of Compensation, It May Be More Or Less.
e-Trial from RegCinco

( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

Reg

Post by Reg »

Wi’ the greatest o’ respect, your tortoise ain’t The George.

Toes are his hoes!
Roy IN!!

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

We've had a mini Schnauzer for 15 days, he's going back on Monday.

Had a grand ol' time. Up and down hills, out for walks every day. Super relaxed wee thing, and even things he doesn't like going for a bath or going in the car, he'll do with a wee push (and bribe) but it's not a big deal.

Had a few cosy nights watching tele with him tucked up on the couch with us.

Going to miss the wee man, and seriously puts me in the mood to get a dog once my version of the big girl's finished her PhD (early 2021) but she's not really a dog person, so we'll see how and where are in the next year and if its possible. I wouldn't want to leave a dog at home for long periods, and the luck of my job doing shifts, I could take him out for a few hours in the morning/afternoon.

I never really fancied a smaller dog. Always wanted a Newfie, Lab, something a bit bigger and more energetic, but again, don't know if we have been lucky with such a lovely wee dug - he's 15 months old - he doesn't even bark much at all, only if the letter box goes and even then it's once or twice..anyhoos havering on, but maybe a mini Schanuzer would be a compromise as they seem fairly intelligent and independent plus they don't shed a lot of hair either. Although they seem a bit 'trendy' and need constant grooming/hair cuts.

Last bity, a dog is a great animal. We had a border collie growing up, and when he died, I felt unbelievable sadness, it genuinely was losing a member of the family. Yes, they are probably happy to see you because they know you'll feed them, walk them, pick up their shite ; but that feeling of the dog wagging his tail, whimpering, and happy to see you when you just come in the door is just lovely. Something incredibly relaxing too about a late night with a poddy, book, or film and the dog at your side or feet, or even him following you about like a shadow.

Long live the dugs!
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Mollie has come to the end of the road.
We have had special diets, injections, medication...
Periods of false dawns, times when she is very low.
She has either cancer or bowel disease and we think may be in increasing pain.
So Monday afternoon one last trip to the vet. She has always hated it but i know she will go in because she trusts us.
We will be in pieces. We have loved her so much.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Very sad news. Commiserations, Hillman.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Hillman avenger wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:14 pm Mollie has come to the end of the road.
We have had special diets, injections, medication...
Periods of false dawns, times when she is very low.
She has either cancer or bowel disease and we think may be in increasing pain.
So Monday afternoon one last trip to the vet. She has always hated it but i know she will go in because she trusts us.
We will be in pieces. We have loved her so much.
Sorry to hear this Hillman.

I hate to use a cliche but you really are doing right by her and, ultimately, it takes true bravery, love and compassion to make that decision.

Heart goes out you and the family :goodman:

In a bit Foam Moe

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Hillman avenger wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:14 pm Mollie has come to the end of the road. <snip>
That's the second-worst thing in the world. The worst thing, in my experience, is being asked to turn your mum's life-machine off. I've had to do both, and it's a close-run thing. Seriously.
In both cases it's your childhood, or your younger self, that you're also killing. Not a nice thing.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

We just took her for her last walk and we will need to take her to the vet in ten minutes.
She just plodded around, where she used to charge about looking for food and chasing rabbits.
I know it's right but it's so hard.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you