FA Cup 2020/2021

Anything sportlike
subsub

Re: FA Cup 2020/2021

Post by subsub »

kancutlawns wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:51 am Sorry sub, I didn’t express myself clearly. Wasn’t expecting Klopp to put out a reserve or junior side, he had no obligation to do so. It’s the complaints that he (and other managers of major clubs) makes about fixture congestion when he has the advantage of rotating his sides and he’s still trying to have five subs per match which makes it a very unlevel playing field.

That said, Liverpool played the game without rubbing out faces in it and conducted themselves with dignity so no complaints whatsoever with the players. That includes James Milner’s interview after the game.
I thought the Villa lads played very well. They ran out of puff by the end, but certainly tested Liverpool in the first half.
Milner is an honest bloke, and I'm glad he said what he did.
WOKE AND PROUD

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Still love Milner. A consummate pro and gets better and better with age. I’d have him back in a heartbeat.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

subsub wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:24 am
kancutlawns wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:51 am Sorry sub, I didn’t express myself clearly. Wasn’t expecting Klopp to put out a reserve or junior side, he had no obligation to do so. It’s the complaints that he (and other managers of major clubs) makes about fixture congestion when he has the advantage of rotating his sides and he’s still trying to have five subs per match which makes it a very unlevel playing field.

That said, Liverpool played the game without rubbing out faces in it and conducted themselves with dignity so no complaints whatsoever with the players. That includes James Milner’s interview after the game.
I thought the Villa lads played very well. They ran out of puff by the end, but certainly tested Liverpool in the first half.
Milner is an honest bloke, and I'm glad he said what he did.
JWOTS talking about it and thinks LFC should have played kids, I think, was half listening.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

I think many of the Premier League clubs treat the FA Cup with a lack of respect, using excuses of tired legs and fixture congestion for their selection of reserves and youth team players. I think however, that it is a good idea to have no replays, deciding the match on the first game.

Just stipulate that players need to have played x number of first team games to be selected, or no more than x number who have not..
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

The FA and Premier League are a bunch of disorganised shitheads. FFS, they knew last week that nine players in Villa's first team had been tested positive for Covid and had to isolate yet Mourinho is still under the impression that Wednesday's match between Villa and Spurs is going ahead.

Meanwhile, Fulham have been told that they may play Spurs that evening instead which is just over forty eight hours away, they are then playing Chelsea two days later. So not only do they have to fulfil a fixture at very short notice against a Spurs side already prepared to play albeit at short notice, they haven't been officially told the match is going ahead and as far as everyone's been told, they're playing Chelsea too!.

What a fucking mess! The FA and Premier League completely to blame for this shortest, have to feel for the club's. This is a multi billion pound operation.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

kancutlawns wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:32 pm The FA and Premier League are a bunch of disorganised shitheads. FFS, they knew last week that nine players in Villa's first team had been tested positive for Covid and had to isolate yet Mourinho is still under the impression that Wednesday's match between Villa and Spurs is going ahead.

Meanwhile, Fulham have been told that they may play Spurs that evening instead which is just over forty eight hours away, they are then playing Chelsea two days later. So not only do they have to fulfil a fixture at very short notice against a Spurs side already prepared to play albeit at short notice, they haven't been officially told the match is going ahead and as far as everyone's been told, they're playing Chelsea too!.

What a fucking mess! The FA and Premier League completely to blame for this shortest, have to feel for the club's. This is a multi billion pound operation.
Cheslea moved back to Saturday.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Armchair pot-hunters

Cheltenham v Man.City (fix)
Man.Yoo v Liverpool Stuff em' Klopp
Southampton/Shrewsbury v Arsenal
Chorley v Wolves (Chorley dumped Wolves out the cup 3-0 as a non-league team in 1986)
Wycombe v Spurs
Chelsea v Luton

Wee Davey Moyes saying how testing won't stop players taking the virus back to their families.....Stop digging that hole, Moyesy.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

finchman

Post by finchman »

5th round coming up??????

WHY FFS
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Round 5 half-and-half scarf wavers .

Man.Utd/Liverpool v Stockport/West Ham/Doncaster
Chorey/Wolves v Southampton/Shrews /Arsenal
Barnsley/Norwich v Chelsea/Luton
Everton/Sheff Wed v Wycombe/Spurs
Swansea/Forest v Man.City
6uild 6ack 6etter .

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Brentford away (again after last year) which is tough then Brighton or Blackpool at home if we make it through.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

AlcoholBrazil wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:27 pm Round 5 half-and-half scarf wavers .

Man.Utd/Liverpool v Stockport/West Ham/Doncaster
Chorey/Wolves v Southampton/Shrews /Arsenal
Barnsley/Norwich v Chelsea/Luton
Everton/Sheff Wed v Wycombe/Spurs
Swansea/Forest v Man.City
Only five fifth round ties? :?

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Featuring the teams that are covered by Talksport , yes.
6uild 6ack 6etter .

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

The full fifth draw is:

Fifth round:

Fulham or Burnley vs Bournemouth or Crawley

Manchester United or Liverpool vs Stockport/West Ham or Doncaster

Sheffield United or Plymouth vs Millwall or Bristol City

Chorley or Wolves vs Southampton/Shrewsbury or Arsenal

Barnsley or Norwich vs Chelsea or Luton

Everton or Sheffield Wednesday vs Wycombe or Tottenham

Swansea or Nottingham Forest vs Cheltenham or Manchester City

Brentford or Leicester vs Brighton or Blackpool

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Fucking 5dead CUNTS. "Eeeeee oooooh eeeee eeeeeee urrrrrrrr urrrrr eeeeeeeee" "SUM wun az past meee a bag of SWEETIES!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

NOBODY AND I MEAN NOBODY GIVES A FUCK ABOUT YOUR CAKES SWEETS FUCKING FLASKS OF PISS YOU FUCKING ARSEHOLES SHUT THE FUCK UP AND TELL US WHO FUCKING SCORED YOU PIECES OF SHIT DIE IN A FIRE
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

kancutlawns wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:42 pm The full fifth draw is:

Fifth round:

Fulham or Burnley vs Bournemouth or Crawley

Manchester United or Liverpool vs Stockport/West Ham or Doncaster

Sheffield United or Plymouth vs Millwall or Bristol City

Chorley or Wolves vs Southampton/Shrewsbury or Arsenal

Barnsley or Norwich vs Chelsea or Luton

Everton or Sheffield Wednesday vs Wycombe or Tottenham