GB News

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
antdad

Re: GB News

Post by antdad »

You could join Parler? Or maybe not, seems Amazon had a problem with far right extremists collaborating with Tory MP's or vica versa who can tell.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Vespa wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:03 pm
lambrini wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:47 pm
Vespa wrote:Not sure if GB News is going to do that, but it's worth waiting and seeing
I have my doubts as well, Vespa. Hopefully, it will be better than talkRADIO, which promotes sensationalism and, to an extent, misinformation.
talkRADIO is awful.
+1.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
“The forum's saucy upstart” –Ghost
“Solid broess” –Sadact7
“Decent long termer”–Paolo

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

antdad wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:48 pm Depends how much "news" you're going to get rather than opinion based chatter.
"The News" stopped being that years ago.
When I were a lad you got 10 minutes at 6pm and a whole 15 minutes at 9pm ... and that's just about right.

The News is that, for instance, there's been an earthquake in Tokyo. We know what an earthquake is, we don't need to see a reporter standing among the rubble to prove there's been one, because we fucking believed you in the first place, and we don't need hours of conjecture about what this might mean for various things at some point in the future. You need it, we don't.

As for "Tomorrow the Prime Minister will make a speech in which he will say ..." How about waiting until he's said it? Have we no patience now? Are you THAT desperate to fill those empty hours of broadcasting-time?
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

The Tick wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:48 pm ... but the idea it's created a sea of outrage and panic among the left is prorogated to both garner more attention for the channel's arrival and goad its intended targets.
prorogate (ˈprəʊrəˌɡeɪt) verb. to discontinue the meetings of (a legislative body) without dissolving it.

No, me neither.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

The reason it got so much publicity yesterday is because a hate organisation sought to strangle its income stream before it even started. When cunt Femi joined in, it became even more prominent

GB News will have gained a load more people interested in its launch after yesterday

As ever with the left

There's no poem, just prose.

antdad

Post by antdad »

JimmyDee wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:33 am
antdad wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:48 pm Depends how much "news" you're going to get rather than opinion based chatter.
When I were a lad you got 10 minutes at 6pm and a whole 15 minutes at 9pm ... and that's just about right.

The News is that, for instance, there's been an earthquake in Tokyo. We know what an earthquake is, we don't need to see a reporter standing among the rubble to prove there's been one, because we fucking believed you in the first place, and we don't need hours of conjecture about what this might mean for various things at some point in the future. You need it, we don't.

As for "Tomorrow the Prime Minister will make a speech in which he will say ..." How about waiting until he's said it? Have we no patience now? Are you THAT desperate to fill those empty hours of broadcasting-time?
What do think is going to happen to the quality and impartiality of the news you desire from Digger and his backers? To drive more revenue through advertising you need to become more opinion based and sensationalist, extreme and divisive, all the while decrying rival channels as purveyors of liberal agendas and fake news. Where on earth have we seen that before?

Holden Mcgroyne

antdad wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:00 pm
JimmyDee wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:33 am

What do think is going to happen to the quality and impartiality of the news you desire from Digger and his backers? To drive more revenue through advertising you need to become more opinion based and sensationalist, extreme and divisive, all the while decrying rival channels as purveyors of liberal agendas and fake news. Where on earth have we seen that before?
GB News has nothing to do with Rupert Murdoch.

Holden Mcgroyne

antdad

Post by antdad »

Replace "backers" with disciples.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:17 pm The reason it got so much publicity yesterday is because a hate organisation sought to strangle its income stream before it even started. When cunt Femi joined in, it became even more prominent

GB News will have gained a load more people interested in its launch after yesterday

As ever with the left
I'll watch it when it comes out if it's shit I'll stop watching it.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

All news is shite these days. The anchors, in studio and remote journalists just want to get their own opinions in. A good example of this is activist Robert Peston.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Holden Mcgroyne

Vespa wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:00 pm
Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:17 pm The reason it got so much publicity yesterday is because a hate organisation sought to strangle its income stream before it even started. When cunt Femi joined in, it became even more prominent

As ever with the left
I'll watch it when it comes out if it's shit I'll stop watching it.
Stop being sensible.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Basically we'll get this but in a yorkshire or west midlands accent

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

The Tick wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:50 pm Basically, we'll get this but in a Yorkshire or west midlands accent

James O'Brien and Nick Abbot are no different, my dude. I occasionally enjoy Abbot's quirky humour, though.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
“The forum's saucy upstart” –Ghost
“Solid broess” –Sadact7
“Decent long termer”–Paolo

black_guardian

Post by black_guardian »

It all started going downhill when they started 24 hour news channels in the UK. Everything gets over analysed and shoe horned into a short time so that someone can give an "opinion". There are not enough stories of interest to cover, so analysis ends up as filler.

Detailed, forensic analysis (which is what good journalism is) used to be done by the late night shows like Newsnight or investigative shows like World in Action, TV Eye etc.

If a journalist wants to call out a blatant lie on air then I don't have an issue with that, provided the facts give them strong enough backing.

I'm bored of "opinions" shouted by the like of:

Owen Jones "why the working class should never vote Tory and all big business is evil "

vs.

Douglas Murray "everything wrong with the world that isn't the fault of white Judeo-Christian culture because that has never caused problems"

All media are so scared of this current mob in power. Can you imagine a documentary like "Death on the Rock" getting made and broadcast today?

For those young 'uns out there..

<Doctor...you will die for this...!>