Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

antdad

Re: The Last Film You Watched - Part 4

Post by antdad »

Sadact7 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:12 pm
The Tick wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:13 pm City of god (2002)

Great film.

Speaks to me about my life.
Is indeed though I haven't watched it in years. So you can relate to being an aspiring photographer or a slum dwelling gangster Lil Z ? Rocket looks like Caicedo, he could probably play better than him atm.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

antdad wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:16 pm Is indeed though I haven't watched it in years. So you can relate to being an aspiring photographer or a slum dwelling gangster Lil Z ? Rocket looks like Caicedo, he could probably play better than him atm.
Indeed I can, the parallels are actually eerie
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

ovechkin8

Post by ovechkin8 »

Carlos J wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:05 pm
ovechkin8 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:37 pm
Carlos J wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:21 pm The Importance of Being Earnest (1952)

On BBC2 yesterday afternoon. Read the play about 20 years ago but remembered the plot.

Wilde's play is amusing but some of the lines are a bit telegraphed. Enjoyable Sunday afternoon fun. A Carlos 7/10.

The modern adaptation with Frances O'Connor, Rupert Everett and Colin Firth is excellent too. Looking forward to Oppenheimer, Napoleon and The Killing of Flowers. Godland set in Iceland is another gripping test of faith tale. Watched Sardar Udham an Indian film on Netflix. None of the Bollywood tripe this is a biographical film about the man who killed the former Governor of Punjab Michael O'Dwyer.

And covers the horrific Jallianwala Bagh massacre of 1919 of an unarmed crowd of men, women and children which O'Dwyer ordered at Amritsar. Got his just desserts.
Film in red, do you mean 'Killers of the Flower Moon'? The new Scorcese/De Niro? It looks interesting as does the Indian film you mentioned.

Hallo amigo. That is the one.Waiting for the release to disc. My library all physical is over 3500 titles with many rare editions. Barely watched a fraction. Just received Zulawski's On The Silver Globe,The Third Part of the Night and The Devil from Eureka Entertainment. His Possession is due to be released later this year in a remastered 4K Collectors Edition release by Second Sight Films.
'I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses.' Johannes Kepler

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

ovechkin8 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:14 am

On BBC2 yesterday afternoon. Read the play about 20 years ago but remembered the plot.

Wilde's play is amusing but some of the lines are a bit telegraphed. Enjoyable Sunday afternoon fun. A Carlos 7/10.

The modern adaptation with Frances O'Connor, Rupert Everett and Colin Firth is excellent too. Looking forward to Oppenheimer, Napoleon and The Killing of Flowers. Godland set in Iceland is another gripping test of faith tale. Watched Sardar Udham an Indian film on Netflix. None of the Bollywood tripe this is a biographical film about the man who killed the former Governor of Punjab Michael O'Dwyer.

And covers the horrific Jallianwala Bagh massacre of 1919 of an unarmed crowd of men, women and children which O'Dwyer ordered at Amritsar. Got his just desserts.
Film in red, do you mean 'Killers of the Flower Moon'? The new Scorcese/De Niro? It looks interesting as does the Indian film you mentioned.

Hallo amigo. That is the one.Waiting for the release to disc. My library all physical is over 3500 titles with many rare editions. Barely watched a fraction. Just received Zulawski's On The Silver Globe,The Third Part of the Night and The Devil from Eureka Entertainment. His Possession is due to be released later this year in a remastered 4K Collectors Edition release by Second Sight Films.
Nice one, Ove. Never got to see it in the end. And nice to see you back.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

ovechkin8

Post by ovechkin8 »

Carlos J wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:37 am

Lovely to hear from you too. Which film do you mean Carlos ? Sardar Udham was just a Prime release although it may be distributed in India on a physical format. All the others are available in physical form or awaiting release. Scorcese prefers this format. His editorial in the enormous three volume classics of Polish cinema states this. All OOS and OOP now. I'll be back later. Just starting a house refurb and work sabbatical.
'I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses.' Johannes Kepler

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

ovechkin8 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:44 am
Carlos J wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:37 am

Lovely to hear from you too. Which film do you mean Carlos ? Sardar Udham was just a Prime release although it may be distributed in India on a physical format. All the others are available in physical form or awaiting release. Scorcese prefers this format. His editorial in the enormous three volume classics of Polish cinema states this. All OOS and OOP now. I'll be back later. Just starting a house refurb and work sabbatical.
Meant never got to see 'Killers of the Flower Moon' at the cinema. The other is on my Prime list. Sounds an impressive collection you have, you need to start watching them, same as me with my books.

Good luck on the refurb, also got one of those to do soon.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

The Godfather (1972)

( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Zone of Interest.

Thought it was utter prentious shite. Then after a few days thought it was a fucking masterpiece.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

carcinogen wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:24 am Zone of Interest.

Thought it was utter prentious shite. Then after a few days thought it was a fucking masterpiece.
What changed your mind?
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Amis is* pretentious, by the way. *was
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

Arty Morty

Post by Arty Morty »

Ferrari (2023). Very underwhelming. It really doesn't go anywhere.
If I could get lucky I'd secede from the states
I'd buy the country at an incredible rate

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

The Beekeeper.

Enjoyable nonsense, but not as good as The Sting.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Some fucking old shit “starring” some fucking old cunt.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

9 to 5

Post by 9 to 5 »

Sadact7 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:47 am Some fucking old shit “starring” some fucking old dead cunt.