The Rise of LBC - Part 2

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
JudgeTedd

Re: The Rise of LBC - Part 2

Post by JudgeTedd »

carcinogen wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:51 pm
JudgeTedd wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:08 pm
O’Brien must thank his lucky stars for Trump and Brexit. His listenership has gone through the roof since both of those came along.
Oh of course. CNN spent the entire tenure of Trump in office talking about him and how awful he was and how he should go. He went. Their ratings fell by 40 percent. :roll:
What a conundrum :lol:
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

IMAKEYOURIGHT

Post by IMAKEYOURIGHT »

Absolutely appalling broadcasting from Matt Frei this morning...in the first hour alone he has:

- failed miserably to control a 'discussion' between two guests
- allowed one of the guests to slander another accusing them of being a racist
- allowed use of the "P" word twice
- let a caller say he hoped the Sistah Space charity would suffer due to the current row
- accused the Daily Mail of being the ones tying the link of lockdown to Strep A. They have reported what experts have said and even more embarrassingly it's the lead story on LBC's news, who are themselves linking the two!!

Absolutely dreadful, as is most of LBCs output output these days....

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

I’ve just heard the greatest bit of radio in my whole lifetime (and I’ve listened to a lot of radio in the last 30 odd years).

A character called Richard (could it be Mr Heenan?) decided to call James O’Brien and give him a few home truths. It didn’t end up going well for Richard. From floundering about Harry and Meghan, then talking about his ex-girlfriends via the British Kebab awards, if you get the chance to hear the whole call, it’s an absolute must listen.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

From O’Briens producer -

Richards call was pure gold. :lol:

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

JudgeTedd wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:23 am I’ve just heard the greatest bit of radio in my whole lifetime (and I’ve listened to a lot of radio in the last 30 odd years).

A character called Richard (could it be Mr Heenan?) decided to call James O’Brien and give him a few home truths. It didn’t end up going well for Richard. From floundering about Harry and Meghan, then talking about his ex-girlfriends via the British Kebab awards, if you get the chance to hear the whole call, it’s an absolute must listen.
You do get that callers are screened for Brian O'Chiswick don't you? Anyone who can articulate a valid counter-argument isn't allowed on, it's Jeremy Kyle levels of cynical goading and baiting.

James really is a miserable human being and part of a wider problem. But worse than that, he's a coward. Harry and Meghan should be called-out, just in the same way those people who push gender-reassignment on children should. For example, James avoids the trans-debate ... he says he doesn't know enough about it. I call bullshit on that ... he should make it part of his job to find out more, he surely has an opinion on it. But no, he won't touch it for fear of upsetting a certain demographic that he needs, just in the same way he won't call-out Harry and Meghan for their rampant narcissicism and a victimhood narrative, again for fear of being 'cancelled' or labelled 'racist'. I think that's what troubles me most about James, his cowardice. Believe it or not I really have no problem with Harry and Meghan, people like that will always exist, my big problem is with their enablers and defenders ... Netflix et al and to a certain degree James.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

carcinogen wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:24 pm
JudgeTedd wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:23 am I’ve just heard the greatest bit of radio in my whole lifetime (and I’ve listened to a lot of radio in the last 30 odd years).

You do get that callers are screened for Brian O'Chiswick don't you? Anyone who can articulate a valid counter-argument isn't allowed on, it's Jeremy Kyle levels of cynical goading and baiting.

James really is a miserable human being and part of a wider problem. But worse than that, he's a coward. Harry and Meghan should be called-out, just in the same way those people who push gender-reassignment on children should. For example, James avoids the trans-debate ... he says he doesn't know enough about it. I call bullshit on that ... he should make it part of his job to find out more, he surely has an opinion on it. But no, he won't touch it for fear of upsetting a certain demographic that he needs, just in the same way he won't call-out Harry and Meghan for their rampant narcissicism and a victimhood narrative, again for fear of being 'cancelled' or labelled 'racist'. I think that's what troubles me most about James, his cowardice. Believe it or not I really have no problem with Harry and Meghan, people like that will always exist, my big problem is with their enablers and defenders ... Netflix et al and to a certain degree James.
Did you hear this call Carc?

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

I’ll take that as a ‘No’ then.

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

JudgeTedd wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:52 pm I’ll take that as a ‘No’ then.
Do you have a recording?

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

kancutlawns wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:22 pm
JudgeTedd wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:52 pm I’ll take that as a ‘No’ then.
Do you have a recording?
You’ll need to use the Global player app to listen again.

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

I’ll try this evening, probably on Listen Again.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

kancutlawns wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:15 pm I’ll try this evening, probably on Listen Again.
This might help you.

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

carcinogen wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:07 pm Image

The degrading comments on this forum that you've made about various women flattens any moral high ground you claim over james o' brien.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

The Tick wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:59 pm

The degrading comments on this forum that you've made about various women flattens any moral high ground you claim over james o' brien.
Carc doesn't claim to have a platform of hundreds of thousands of listeners on a national talk radio station though does he? You would have thought O'Brien should be careful about harassing and intimidating women to make a political point as he's quite sanctimonious and patronising for those not on his side.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

kancutlawns wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:09 pm
The Tick wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:59 pm

Carc doesn't claim to have a platform of hundreds of thousands of listeners on a national talk radio station though does he? You would have thought O'Brien should be careful about harassing and intimidating women to make a political point as he's quite sanctimonious and patronising for those not on his side.

So as long as you aren't a radio dj you get a free pass. Nice.