POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

lambrini

Re: The Rise of LBC - Part 2

Post by lambrini »

Wall to wall coverage of the Queen's passing means no Nick Abbot. Weird. Not a peep out of him on social media either. 🤔
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

I've fell away from LBC of late - more just podcasts and trying to keep busy - but might try and get back in to it again.

Is Darren Adam still on through the night? The wee naff that he is and his hard on for Iceland, and his fucking cringe and appalling bad pronunciation of íslensku, því miður Darren þú talar ekki góð íslensku. Irrational hatreds aside, is Nick Abbot back to normal-ish after his Trump/Brexit fried heid for a while?

I'd love a proper old Mike Graham/Mendoza through the night type chat show on the radio again.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

kevin04 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:26 pm I've fell away from LBC of late
I don't blame you, Kev

Apart from Dale, it is now unlistenable.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Steve Hunt wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:24 am
kevin04 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:26 pm I've fell away from LBC of late
I don't blame you, Kev

Apart from Dale, it is now unlistenable.
James O'Bile is losing his mind this week ... desperate to put the boot into the royals, no boris to slag off, nor Liz. Was talking about Gerbils yesterday apparently. As you say ... unlistenable gammon-baiting shite most of the week, angry bi-sexual women at the weekends (and I don't mean Andrew Castle).
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

finchman

Post by finchman »

Try listening to Steve Allen, he's a parody of Alan Partridge
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

finchman wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:11 pm Try listening to Steve Allen, he's a parody of Alan Partridge
No, that's fast becoming James O'Brien.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

This made me chuckle...

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Might be funny ... on at 4pm I think.

Guido hears David Lammy is to deliver a grovelling on air apology tomorrow (today) to Downing Street Chief-of-Staff Mark Fullbrook after accusing him of vote rigging in Puerto Rico, something of which nobody has accused him. Guido hears LBC’s boss Tom Cheal ordered Lammy to apologise after m’learned friends got in touch over the wild claims. Odd since Lammy correctly said Fullbrook is a witness to an FBI investigation regarding Puerto Rico and is engaging voluntarily with the US authorities. Did everyone lose their minds last week?

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

carcinogen wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:31 am Might be funny ... on at 4pm I think.

Guido hears David Lammy is to deliver a grovelling on air apology tomorrow (today) to Downing Street Chief-of-Staff Mark Fullbrook after accusing him of vote rigging in Puerto Rico, something of which nobody has accused him. Guido hears LBC’s boss Tom Cheal ordered Lammy to apologise after m’learned friends got in touch over the wild claims. Odd since Lammy correctly said Fullbrook is a witness to an FBI investigation regarding Puerto Rico and is engaging voluntarily with the US authorities. Did everyone lose their minds last week?
Seems to be doing the rounds today. Might be a ploy to drum up more listeners, you never know with these types of things.

https://order-order.com/2022/10/01/davi ... fullbrook/
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

I do wonder if the sense of irony was lost on O'Brien earlier in the week when he told listeners that his nemesis Richard Littlejohn is a nasty reactionary who vocalises people's inner held contempt and uses his platform to espouse odious, extreme and hateful views.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

kancutlawns wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:07 am I do wonder if the sense of irony was lost on O'Brien earlier in the week when he told listeners that his nemesis Richard Littlejohn is a nasty reactionary who vocalises people's inner held contempt and uses his platform to espouse odious, extreme and hateful views.
Oh and Richard is a misogynist. I know, I heard this and nearly spat out my tea. :lol:

LordLaret

Post by LordLaret »

kancutlawns wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:07 am I do wonder if the sense of irony was lost on O'Brien earlier in the week when he told listeners that his nemesis Richard Littlejohn is a nasty reactionary who vocalises people's inner held contempt and uses his platform to espouse odious, extreme and hateful views.
Does anyone have the clip of where I believe it was Frank Lampard or such that put him in his place? Live on air? That must have been the day where he realised that he'd need to have only likeminded views on. I reckon the man goes to bed clutching his pearls screaming at the ghosts of Trump and Brexit in agony~
"My Profile Signatures Were Crap, So I Got Rid Of Them."

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

LordLaret wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:51 pm
Does anyone have the clip of where I believe it was Frank Lampard or such that put him in his place? Live on air? That must have been the day where he realised that he'd need to have only likeminded views on. I reckon the man goes to bed clutching his pearls screaming at the ghosts of Trump and Brexit in agony~
O’Brien must thank his lucky stars for Trump and Brexit. His listenership has gone through the roof since both of those came along. It’s funny what can happen when you ask people with experience and expertise on to explain a situation.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

JudgeTedd wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:08 pm
O’Brien must thank his lucky stars for Trump and Brexit. His listenership has gone through the roof since both of those came along.
Oh of course. CNN spent the entire tenure of Trump in office talking about him and how awful he was and how he should go. He went. Their ratings fell by 40 percent. :roll: