Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
kancutlawns

Re: The Rise of LBC - Part 2

Post by kancutlawns »

The Tick wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:13 pm
kancutlawns wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:09 pm
The Tick wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:59 pm
carcinogen wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:07 pm Image

The degrading comments on this forum that you've made about various women flattens any moral high ground you claim over james o' brien.
Carc doesn't claim to have a platform of hundreds of thousands of listeners on a national talk radio station though does he? You would have thought O'Brien should be careful about harassing and intimidating women to make a political point as he's quite sanctimonious and patronising for those not on his side.

So as long as you aren't a radio dj you get a free pass. Nice.
Free pass for what?

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Work it out for yourself.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

I can see the anomaly of someone posting hyperbole, random off the cuff acts of supposed bravado and fantasising about things like poetry and women on a little known messageboard with three dozen at most members and someone in a position of authority broadcasting a rather acute narrative using his own invective and making a rather lucrative living from doing so.

Is this what you're getting at? If I I totally agree with you and applaud you for being on the same page as me.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

kancutlawns wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:31 pm I can see the anomaly of someone posting hyperbole, random off the cuff acts of supposed bravado and fantasising about things like poetry and women on a little known messageboard with three dozen at most members and someone in a position of authority broadcasting a rather acute narrative using his own invective and making a rather lucrative living from doing so.

Is this what you're getting at? If I I totally agree with you and applaud you for being on the same page as me.
Making posts that contain offensive comments about women and also recounting unpleasant real life behaviours towards them provides grounds for criticism.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

The Tick wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:35 pm
kancutlawns wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:31 pm I can see the anomaly of someone posting hyperbole, random off the cuff acts of supposed bravado and fantasising about things like poetry and women on a little known messageboard with three dozen at most members and someone in a position of authority broadcasting a rather acute narrative using his own invective and making a rather lucrative living from doing so.

Making posts that contain offensive comments about women and also recounting unpleasant real life behaviours towards them provides grounds for criticism.
It does but it’s rather insignificant in the scheme of things. In comparison of what a demagogue says it’s not really more than a splash in the ocean. Would you say Farage going to the airwaves saying that refugees deserve to drown in the channel as it’s a deterrent to others or a lone wolf deluding himself in the comfort of his own bedroom telling a small WhatsApp group that he’s happy that an immigrant child got run over as there will be fewer immigrants is worthy of greater opprobrium?

In your own time.

Besides, this isn’t the right section to talk about other posters. There’s Pandemonium for that.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

kancutlawns wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:45 pm
It does
Cheers. That's all you needed to say.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Made me laugh earlier in the year when man of the people James was a Kettner's and called Maajd Nawaz a suicide bomber ... really, I wouldn't pin your hopes on 'I think Carl Beech is a great guy' O'Brien. (All joking apart, differences aside, doesn't Kettner's sound fucking awful ... full of cunts).

From Guido Fawkes:

Kettners is a long-established champagne bar and restaurant in Soho popular with media and theatre types, so it was no surprise last night to see James O’Brien dining with his LBC bosses James Rea and Tom Cheal – Global’s director of broadcasting and LBC’s managing editor, respectively. Also in last night was Reform Party boss and TalkTV presenter Richard Tice, who was dining with ex-LBC presenter Maajid Nawaz. The place was packed and the wine was flowing…

As the LBC trio were leaving, Tice thought it would be churlish not to acknowledge and greet their fellow radio industry rivals and former colleagues. Tice moved to introduce himself and offer his hand to shake in a friendly way. In response, a well-refreshed James O’Brien glared at him and snarled, “No you can fuck off, you really can fuck off”. He then turned to Nawaz and told him “You can fuck off too and go and kill some people”. His embarrassed bosses said nothing about his outburst. This latest example of a foul-mouthed tirade will be of no surprise to anyone who has worked under O’Brien, who is notoriously unpleasant to junior staff…
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

It seems James O’Brien is getting up the noses of all the right/wrong people.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/ ... ic-affairs
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Rumour going around that ‘Naffy’ Darren Adam has gone?
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

IMAKEYOURIGHT

Post by IMAKEYOURIGHT »

^^ He's not listed for upcoming shows and I think Richard Spurr (who I personally really enjoy listening to) said he (Richard) would be back on Weds.

Meanwhile, Nick Abbot's show continues to become increasingly stale by the week and is essentially close to becoming like James O'Brien's show just with cow noises.

finchman

Post by finchman »

Zippy wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:38 pm Rumour going around that ‘Naffy’ Darren Adam has gone?
Hes probably finally emigrated to Iceland
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

finchman wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:19 pm
Zippy wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:38 pm Rumour going around that ‘Naffy’ Darren Adam has gone?
Hes probably finally emigrated to Iceland
Endless driving holidays with his partner Chris :lol:
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

I should listen in more often. The gammon meltdowns are brilliant.

finchman

Post by finchman »

Still no sign or mention of the Iceland loving cunt.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Darren was somehow given Icelandic citizenship! Fuck knows why, and seems he's got a gig with the BBC of Iceland translating articles in to English - his Icelandic wasn't very good the last I heard him speak it ; he's also got that posh Scots twang (bet he regrets not rolling his R's in English like a true Jocko to help with the R's)

So he's maybe living in the frozen north. His webpage is like a teen media student's.

https://www.ruv.is/english/

https://www.darrenadam.com/
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.