Re: Dan Woooootton

Post by The Tick »

Among other things.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

subsub wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:43 pm
lambrini wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:39 pm
The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:59 pm On a talkSPORT show five years ago, presenter Lynsey Hipgrave challenged a caller who referred to her as “love” twice and “darling” once, despite him using her fellow (male) host’s first name. Hipgrave told him: “You don't need to call me darling” and ended the call
I don't understand why some women are offended by "love" and "darling" if they're used in a positive way. I don't mind them.
Think it depends how they're said.
Can be positive, but often it's pretty patronising.
Yeah. I mean, if your male boss calls you "love" or "darling" during an appraisal meeting, of course, that's a no-no. But, in most cases, it's harmless. I rarely hear them in the south of England these days, to be honest.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

subsub

Post by subsub »

lambrini wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:52 pm
subsub wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:43 pm
lambrini wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:39 pm
The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:59 pm On a talkSPORT show five years ago, presenter Lynsey Hipgrave challenged a caller who referred to her as “love” twice and “darling” once, despite him using her fellow (male) host’s first name. Hipgrave told him: “You don't need to call me darling” and ended the call
I don't understand why some women are offended by "love" and "darling" if they're used in a positive way. I don't mind them.
Think it depends how they're said.
Can be positive, but often it's pretty patronising.
Yeah. I mean, if your male boss calls you "love" or "darling" during an appraisal meeting, of course, that's a no-no. But, in most cases, it's harmless. I rarely hear them in the south of England these days, to be honest.
Yep, agreed.
WOKE AND PROUD

subsub

Post by subsub »

Vespa wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:52 pm Calvin Robinson is suspended from GBN - at this rate they'll run out of halfwits.
referred to as a "Poundland padre" on Twitter :lol:
WOKE AND PROUD

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

In England, there's a motto—a schoolboy type morality motto which says that you "tackle the ball and not the man."
–Christopher Hitchens

The meeja, of which Laurence Fox is a part, even though he claims to be anti-establishment, has become incredibly sensationalist. TalkTV, GBeebies, Sky News, BBC, they're all the same. Fox would have been better off attacking Ava's ideas, since what she said about men was abhorrent (let's face it, she's a nasty piece of work.) But, no, he had to get personal and mention dates and shagging. Idiot.
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Creating a moral equivalence between Lawrence fox and his target to obfuscate things. Most original.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

The Tick wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:23 pm Creating a moral equivalence between Lawrence fox and his target to obfuscate things. Most original.
I'm actually pointing out his stupidity. What he said was nasty and irrelevant.
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

lambrini wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:35 pm
The Tick wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:23 pm Creating a moral equivalence between Lawrence fox and his target to obfuscate things. Most original.
I'm actually pointing out his stupidity. What he said was nasty and irrelevant.
While also trying to create a moral equivalence with the target of his diatribe.

subsub

Post by subsub »

lambrini wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:35 pm TalkTV, GBeebies, Sky News, BBC, they're all the same
I disagree.
BBC and Sky are not perfect, but at least they're genuine media outlets that have a serious news output.
The other two are the TV equivalent of the Daily Mail, whipping up their gullible viewers.
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

The difference with the BBC, is that it has a clear agenda, and is blatantly prejudiced. Only the gullible can't see the pandering to the woke left.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

subsub wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:17 pm
lambrini wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:35 pm TalkTV, GBeebies, Sky News, BBC, they're all the same
I disagree.
BBC and Sky are not perfect, but at least they're genuine media outlets that have a serious news output.
The other two are the TV equivalent of the Daily Mail, whipping up their gullible viewers.
Isn't the Daily Mail a genuine media outlet, it's been going since 1896?

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:32 pm The difference with the BBC, is that it has a clear agenda, and is blatantly prejudiced
People who read the Daily Mail might like to think that, but the BBC is one of the most neutral media outlets out there.
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

chelseachelsea wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:38 pm
I disagree.
Of course it is, as is the BBC. The label is pathetic, but unsurprising.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

subsub wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:40 pm
Zambo wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:32 pm The difference with the BBC, is that it has a clear agenda, and is blatantly prejudiced
People who read the Daily Mail might like to think that, but the BBC is one of the most neutral media outlets out there.
People who read the leftie rags might like to think that, but there are thousands of examples as to why the BBC is outrageously prejudiced. And far more examples than the more winning Brexit stories.

subsub

Post by subsub »

chelseachelsea wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:38 pm
I disagree.
Of course it is.
But its main tactic is identical to GB News and TalkTV - whipping up its readership on a daily basis.
BBC/Sky take a more intelligent approach.
WOKE AND PROUD