MORRIS - got time for this fella
KELNER - satisfyingly self-deprecating
MILLS - never, ever liked him
JAYE - no idea
CLAUDIA-LIZA - no idea
DE BOIS - is this the ex-Tory MP? Probably a cunt if so
CARDWELL - no idea
HUGHES - great fun
ROSS - I quite like him. An oddball, as Rowno said, inoffensive, quite charming though. Probably a nice guy (I know, I know, the MCAT stuff, etc equals NOT GREAT) I wouldn't say I listen regularly, or thoroughly enjoy it, but when I do hear it, I quite like it. A pleasant enough and decent enough Jack of All, Master of None.

MAX - heard maybe an hour of him. A less pompous but that means dry, dull and boring version of David Buik. Meh. Who wants that? If I am to having nothing in common with you, then at least be a bit of a hoot! :D

JHB - awful. Rent a gob. Two pence opinions that will change at the drop of a hat. Quick to insult, rage, anger with guests/callers. Occasionally can be cordial ; but insincere, just terrible really as a person and a broadcaster. Nothing to do with me disliking basically 99% of positions, I think Iain Dale etc can be a good listen. She's basically a more screwed-on Katie Hopkins.

GRAHAM - haven't listened. The shock jock thing hasn't really worked. Or maybe it has? More followers, likes no doubt etc and has occasionally made the print media, but digressed and declined hugely as broadcaster. He could always put on a show on his own, and sometimes they were gold e.g overnights at the weekends at talkSPORT - his quick wit against the cranks was often hilarious. This though, its all too obvious! Plank Of The Week! Peter Hitchens stopped being interesting on his third week in a row! Like JHB, its quick to criticise, moan and self grandeur without ANY discourse, discussion or if any, the person will be called a 'plank' or hung up on. Honestly, Jon Gaunt was probably better at this on talkSPORT fifteen years ago!

COLLINS - always liked the Dodgepot. He can be quite funny, both unintentionally (We all went down to Stafford Bridge, and just LOVED the footie on show that night) and a quick wit. His best shows are from a personal perspective - I mind him a few times on LBC talking about loneliness, or divorce or something and he was always good with vunerable callers, IMO. His show/time probably doesn't allow for a show (or lack of callers) but he's at his best doing a 10-1 type show that is less political.

FOUFAS - not heard enough, seems very mildy inoffensive, if not dull. If someone was build for 1-6 on LBC, it is him!

O'SULLIVAN - when he first started on the 10-1 Saturday shows after Parry, I listened for a bit and he can attract some good guests/interviews, so it was fairly interesting from a showbiz/media perspective, but him doing current affairs is shite. Sounds very aggy too, e.g imagne he would get nasty quick easily after a few drinks. Maybe not, but see the veneers fall off a few times with him.

WHALE - moved in to his 'best' slot. Although haven't listened in a while, but the few times he has been a bit off of late and relate to Rowno. Can't image its much fun having lost his wife a few years ago and now being diagnosed with cancer. I need to listen to him for a week to hear him before a review, but I've always liked him and found him funny. He could be funny with callers he had nothing in common with, but noticed he's getting a lot more 'I can't be fucked with this' than trying to wind them up.

HUGHES - always forget about him, I think due to the regular talkRADIO turnover of staff, I always image he'll be first to go, but listened maybe twice this summer and both episodes have been fun and entertaining. He's got a very eccentric and fun way of speaking. Even my version of the big girl who's not a huge talkradio fan, will get a laugh with Howard if I stick it one night - which reminds me, I'll listen tonight - now Euros, Olympics, COPA, Gold Cup are all over.

The rest haven't really heard of. Kelner I like on H and J, and maybe caught 20 mins of his overnight show once - which were enjoyable - more a chance of forgetting he is on than not listening. If talkRADIO had podcasts, or any professionalism maybe I might have heard him more.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Holden Mcgroyne

Re: Schedule change...

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Calvin Robinson, former Brexit candidate and 'Sad Sweet Dreamer' singer lookalike is presenting a new show on saturday from 10am to 1pm. This follows him co-presenting the breakfast show all week

Richard Tice, ex Brexit party MEP and leader of Reform UK, is presenting 10am to 1pm sunday
There's no poem, just prose.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Bloke is wearing a hair-piece
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

Northern Troglodite

Post by Northern Troglodite »

Rinder .....wtf , total shite , offers & delivers totally bugger all
Bring on "The Clutcher :)

Rowntree

Post by Rowntree »

Northern Troglodite wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:04 pm Rinder .....wtf , total shite , offers & delivers totally bugger all
Quite literally.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

So did I hear satin say he still does spurts bra Mondays with Cundays, then drivel tue-fri? And he got the covid and bad aids?
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

IMAKEYOURIGHT

Post by IMAKEYOURIGHT »

There's a new talkTV platform being launched next year by News Corp. Piers Morgan is the 'new signing'.

Not sure what that will mean for TalkRadio TV.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

IMAKEYOURIGHT wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:58 pm There's a new talkTV platform being launched next year by News Corp. Piers Morgan is the 'new signing'.

I bet ol' MG is happy.
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

Rowntree

Post by Rowntree »

IMAKEYOURIGHT wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:58 pm There's a new talkTV platform being launched next year by News Corp. Piers Morgan is the 'new signing'.

I'm not even sure what that means.

And I'm happy for that.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

lambrini wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:04 pm

I bet ol' MG is happy.
He was crowing earlier about how Talkradio/TV is the market leader in the country now :lol:
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Zippy wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:44 pm
lambrini wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:04 pm

I bet ol' MG is happy.
He was crowing earlier about how Talkradio/TV is the market leader in the country now :lol:
Laughs in Richard E. Grant

Lots of air kisses and fart sniffing today:

Meanwhile:

( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Somehow imagine the love MG has for Morgan is a one-way street.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

kevin04 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:24 pm Somehow imagine the love MG has for Morgan is a one-way street.
+1

Piers Morgan is the media industry's Regina George. 🤭🤣🤣🤣🤣 Media royalty.

MG: Piers Morgan is flawless. He has two Rolex watches and a silver Tesla.
Kev: I hear his hair's insured for twelve million pounds!
Julia H-B: I hear he does car commercials in Japan.
Jeremy Kyle: His favorite movie is Varsity Blues.
Julia H-B: One time, I met him on a plane and he told me was pretty.
MG: One time, he punched me in the face. It was awesome!

🤣🤣🤣🤣

( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

The news story:

News UK says talkTV will offer a mix of programming from its stable of household brands, using talent from talkRADIO, talkSPORT, Virgin Radio, Times Radio, The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times.

The television station will also hire some new talent to join a schedule of prime-time programming for the evenings.

Piers Morgan is one of those presenters, joining News Corp and FOX News Media in a global deal, launching a new TV show in early 2022.

Morgan will also join The Sun and the New York Post as a columnist.

Rebekah Brooks, Chief Executive of News UK, said: “We are committed to providing choice for television and streaming viewers and bringing the best of our journalism to the screen. Taking advantage of modern technology, we can produce high-quality shows at low cost.”

Scott Taunton, recently appointed CEO of News UK Broadcasting, said: “talkTV will provide a rich mix of entertaining and informative shows that no other service provides.

“News UK’s brands already engage millions of people through print, digital and audio and we are using those brands to create video programming. We have some of media’s biggest names on our radio stations and in our newspapers, as well as some of the most articulate thought-leaders who reflect many different viewpoints.

“Some of the most talented people in news, sports and entertainment journalism will be taking part as contributors or creating original content for talkTV.”

News UK has invested in new TV studios in its HQ in the News Building in London Bridge. Scott Taunton recently expanded his remit beyond radio and audio and was appointed CEO, News UK Broadcasting and is leading the talkTV launch.

talkRADIO TV has soft-launched on connected TV platforms and is streamed live through the talkRADIO TV app. There will be further announcements as the plans evolve.
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

Rowntree

Post by Rowntree »

Everyone thinks Piers Morgan is a cunt.

How does he get these jobs?

It's a base assessment/question, but how?