In-depth debate on all topical issues
birdie

Re: GB News

Post by birdie »

Zambo wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:32 pm
Carlos J wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:06 pm
Zambo wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:49 pm
birdie wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:24 pm
Carlos J wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:50 am Thought you were posting about the OFCOM ruling, Zippy: https://news.sky.com/story/five-episode ... s-13097529
So, basically, OFCOM is saying that a politician cannot read an autocue because it's 'news'.
How come they turn a blind eye to Labour activists like Robert Peston. OFCOM itself, is no doubt crawling with Wokey lefty trash.
Peston is a journo first. JR-M and the like aren't.
Yep, a journo who makes his personal political feelings known at every opportunity.
Peston doesn't just make his dislike for the Tory government known, he does with vitriol dripping from every word. I don't watch him, but I admire any Tory representative who appears on his programme, the desire to punch his sneering face must be great.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

antdad

Post by antdad »

:lol: :lol: Peston's a class act unlike the snivelling subservient Kuenssberg, let's hope he still keep's getting away with it.

subsub

Post by subsub »

birdie wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:46 pm
Carlos J wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:50 am Thought you were posting about the OFCOM ruling, Zippy: https://news.sky.com/story/five-episode ... s-13097529
So, basically, OFCOM is saying that a politician cannot read an autocue because it's 'news'.
How come they turn a blind eye to Labour activists like Robert Peston. OFCOM itself, is no doubt crawling with Wokey lefty trash.
Yep, a journo who makes his personal political feelings known at every opportunity.
Peston doesn't just make his dislike for the Tory government known, he does with vitriol dripping from every word. I don't watch him, but I admire any Tory representative who appears on his programme, the desire to punch his sneering face must be great.
Fancy journalists holding elected politicians to account? Whatever next?!
WOKE AND PROUD

birdie

Post by birdie »

antdad wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:18 pm :lol: :lol: Peston's a class act unlike the snivelling subservient Kuenssberg, let's hope he still keep's getting away with it.
Really? She often makes her Labour supporting leaning obvious.

subsub

Post by subsub »

birdie wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 pm
antdad wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:18 pm :lol: :lol: Peston's a class act unlike the snivelling subservient Kuenssberg, let's hope he still keep's getting away with it.
Eh? She gets a huge amount of stick for being sympathetic to the Tories. If she's getting stick from both sides, she's probably doing a good job.
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Any journalist being sympathetic to either shower of shits is doing a fucking crap job
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Peston gives me the creeps. Very odd man. Sadly noticed him recently on the pre-flight safety video on British Airways :(
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

subsub wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:56 pm
Eh? She gets a huge amount of stick for being sympathetic to the Tories. If she's getting stick from both sides, she's probably doing a good job.
It's an odd one - one side convinced she's a diehard Tory, the other side the opposite. I think she does a better job than many in her field.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

antdad

Post by antdad »

Well there you go, I find she's more in hoc with her paymasters by giving ministers an easier ride than they deserve.

Still, it is the Conservative party that is supposed to be in government and held to greater scrutiny.

Ergo, if both sides are complaining it's probably about right.

birdie

Post by birdie »

Zippy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:01 pm
Peston gives me the creeps. Very odd man. Sadly noticed him recently on the pre-flight safety video on British Airways :(
I always think he looks rather unkempt, one of the great unwashed thinkers who hasn't thought that a comb through his hair might be a good idea, just once a month would do.

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

Did you see her series about the turnover in Tory leaders?
If you did you would not make that observation.

subsub

Post by subsub »

birdie wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:09 pm
Zippy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:01 pm
I always think he looks rather unkempt, one of the great unwashed thinkers who hasn't thought that a comb through his hair might be a good idea, just once a month would do.
He does have an air of a 70s' geography teacher, definitely…
WOKE AND PROUD

birdie

Post by birdie »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:33 pm
Did you see her series about the turnover in Tory leaders?
If you did you would not make that observation.
I watch her on Sunday morning in the vain hope that one day she might, just might, be even handed with her interviewees, but once a week is enough for anyone, as the Bishop said to the actress.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Is there another Kuenssberg on the BBC that I’ve not heard about? The one on Sunday mornings isn’t very impartial.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

birdie

Post by birdie »

JudgeTedd wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:57 pm Is there another Kuenssberg on the BBC that I’ve not heard about? The one on Sunday mornings isn’t very impartial.
Neither are Victoria Derbyshire or Fiona Bruce, they are both most definitely anti Tory, although I find Clive Myrie very even handed in his interviewing and doesn't show his political bias in any way.