Woke

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Sadact7

Re: Woke

Post by Sadact7 »

Zambo wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:31 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68402362

:lol:

Whatever you do don't say hottentots, or you will be immediately woked.

And some people are proud to put their name to this shite. :rolleyes:
I’m more appalled that they forced those poor cartoon penguins to dance
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:35 am More winning. Or Woking more like :lol:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/0 ... abandoned/
If Nadine Dorries isn't happy, then I'm happy :mrgreen:
WOKE AND PROUD

antdad

Post by antdad »

Tf she's nowhere near government office, anyway what's the big deal they're happy to watch geldings to race. :)

Salem

Post by Salem »

Can't see the harm in having a 'Ladies Day' .

Yet more appeasement to the minorities & and women again are the target .

Geldings are always male btw . Tends to be a thing in nature that there are only two genders .

Apart , obviously , from humans where there are apparently 72 at the last count . What a time to be alive :D
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

The quotes on the story are great, like something out of the Viz :D
“I’ve been coming to Cheltenham for 25 years and Wednesday is Ladies’ Day no matter what the right-ons tell me,” said Mary Curtis, 56, from Stroud, Gloucestershire. Ms Dorries, meanwhile, wrote in a newspaper column of a “downgraded” day, accusing Cheltenham chiefs of a “woke nod”.

Ben Barton, a farmer from Wormleighton, Warwickshire, said the change was a “load of b-----ks”. I think people like tradition,” the 64-year-old said. “What will you do when you get rid of all the tradition? This country is built on tradition.”

Tissie Reason, 72, added: “I don’t agree with it because you cannot change how somebody is born. It is quite a trend at the moment, but I think it’s rubbish. Why change things for the sake of change, just to modernise?”
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

9 to 5

Post by 9 to 5 »

"Tissie Reason". :lol:

subsub

Post by subsub »

Spot on from Glendenning:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2024/ ... ght-people

While seeming to pass largely unnoticed by the vast majority of racegoers, the decision to rebrand the second day of this year’s festival as “Style Wednesday” certainly seemed to cause a stir in several monotonously predictable quarters.

“Cheltenham goes WOKE!” shrieked a headline on the GB News website, over a piece describing the decision to promote inclusivity by allowing anyone, regardless of gender, to participate in a fashion competition traditionally contested exclusively by women as some sort of unspeakable “downgrade” on an occasion that has not actually been called “Ladies’ Day” since 2018.

The former culture secretary Nadine Dorries concurred with the right-wing news station on which she has long been a staple presence, stating in her Daily Mail column that she presumed this sinister development to be “some sort of woke nod from the Jockey Club to the powerful trans lobby”.

This in spite of the fact the festival organisers made no specific mention of transgender folk when announcing their decision to welcome allcomers to this year’s fashion jamboree. Instead, the focus was on affordability and sustainability.

Never let facts get in the way of a chance to get gullible DM (and Telegraph) readers frothing at the mouth :lol: :lol:
WOKE AND PROUD

Salem

Post by Salem »

subsub wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:08 am Never let facts get in the way of a chance to get gullible DM (and Telegraph) readers frothing at the mouth :lol: :lol:
Oh , i see what you did there Subbles ..........very clever :wink: Image
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Salem wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:12 pm Can't see the harm in having a 'Ladies Day' .

Yet more appeasement to the minorities & and women again are the target .

Geldings are always male btw . Tends to be a thing in nature that there are only two genders .

Apart , obviously , from humans where there are apparently 72 at the last count . What a time to be alive :D
+1

Sadly, female-only initiatives continue to be damaged by politically correct zealots and infiltrated by a handful of men pretending to be women. It's sinister.

The decline of gentlemen's clubs are suffering the same fate. For some reason, it's bad for men to have their own spaces.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

ItS nOt OuR cOuNtRy AnYmOrE!

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Salem wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:47 am
subsub wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:08 am Never let facts get in the way of a chance to get gullible DM (and Telegraph) readers frothing at the mouth :lol: :lol:
I always find it hilarious, that the Guardianista and BBC advocates, have the nerve to accuse anyone else of being sucked in and gullible.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:20 am
Salem wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:47 am
I always find it hilarious, that the Guardianista and BBC advocates, have the nerve to accuse anyone else of being sucked in and gullible.
Except that the Guardian story explains the reality of the situation, while the Telegraph story merely tries to get its readership frothing at the mouth for no good reason.

Cheltenham hasn't referred to "Ladies' Day" for six years - why has it taken you so long to be outraged by this?
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

What's all this frothing at the mouth shite. :D

Grow up.

Cheltenham may have stopped marketing it as Ladies Day, but that's still what it was known as.

How long as it been called Style Wednesday?

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:50 am What's all this frothing at the mouth shite
The divisive stuff served up by right-wing newspapers. They know exactly what they're doing - and they know how to press the buttons of their readership, if the comments on here are anything to go by.

I just struggle to understand why people feel so threatened by things that try to be more inclusive. Why does it bother people so much, particularly when it has little to no impact on their day-to-day lives?
WOKE AND PROUD