Northern Troglodite

Re: Re: The Championship 2021/22/23/24

Post by Northern Troglodite »

Your players neeed Mogga back mate , he will steady them down
Bring on "The Clutcher :)

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Yeah, and hope he makes a full recovery. Venus doesn't appear to have the same impact, but guess that's why he's an assistant.

Lacking a leader at the club at the moment, and it's not looking good. In previous seasons always had confidence we would survive, but haven't got that positivity this time.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Zippy

Re: The Championship 2021/22/23/24

Post by Zippy »

Northern Troglodite wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:13 am Credit to carrick he has steadied a very rocky ship, have been plagued with injuries all year , still 5 who would prob be 1st choice misssing , but what looked very dodgy has been settled down & beginning to look back upwards .......prob finish abt 8-10 , with whats gone on this year thats a achievement
How is Luke Ayling doing?

His legs started to go for us but never failed to give his all. Will always be a popular man at Leeds. Great servant.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Zippy wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:13 pm
Northern Troglodite wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:13 am Credit to carrick he has steadied a very rocky ship, have been plagued with injuries all year , still 5 who would prob be 1st choice misssing , but what looked very dodgy has been settled down & beginning to look back upwards .......prob finish abt 8-10 , with whats gone on this year thats a achievement

His legs started to go for us but never failed to give his all. Will always be a popular man at Leeds. Great servant.
I hate him.

Would enjoy slowly feeding him into a wood chipper.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

Northern Troglodite

When he plays in a 4 lack of pace is obvious now, MC has gone to a 5 & Ayling is 50% better than he was , suits it more & has 3 assists in last 3 ....is a top man at the Shithousery game .....but we knew that anyway :D . 50/50 if he will get deal though, he is improving with reg games

Northern Troglodite

Sadact7 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:58 pm

I hate him.

Would enjoy slowly feeding him into a wood chipper.
:D :D

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Top of the league :)
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Zippy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:02 am Top of the league :)
I’d realised that Leeds kept winning. Partly because I noticed the fat wretches I work amongst weren’t looking quite as appalling as usual and partly (mainly) because I’d clocked the results.

Gone about it very quietly and efficiently tbf. The Beeston bastards.

In a bit Foam Moe

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Sadact7 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:30 pm
I’d realised that Leeds kept winning. Partly because I noticed the fat wretches I work amongst weren’t looking quite as appalling as usual and partly (mainly) because I’d clocked the results.

It's genuinely insane how despite all of the points we've amassed already, we could very easily miss out by finishing 3rd. We'd be well clear in most other seasons. I still think it will be us and Leicester top 2 but if Ipswich see it out, then fair play to them. Weakest squad of the top 4 but still right up there in March. Fair fucking play.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Zippy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:18 pm

It's genuinely insane how despite all of the points we've amassed already, we could very easily miss out by finishing 3rd. We'd be well clear in most other seasons. I still think it will be us and Leicester top 2 but if Ipswich see it out, then fair play to them. Weakest squad of the top 4 but still right up there in March. Fair fucking play.
And also the difference in finances with the other three clubs benefitting from parachute payments whilst Ipswich came up from league one. It would be a huge achievement if they went up.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Jonathan wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:40 am

And also the difference in finances with the other three clubs benefitting from parachute payments whilst Ipswich came up from league one. It would be a huge achievement if they went up.
Yep. McKenna has done a great job. On paper some of their players shouldn't be anywhere near the top of the league.

Daniel Farke could be where we have the edge over our rivals. He's done this before and has a very calm demeanour. He's done an excellent job as he inherited a messy situation last summer - lots of mercenaries wanting to go and the fans disullioned with nearly two years of post-Bielsa slop being served up. The new owners have made some good decisions so far and the signings have mostly all been spot on. The best of the bunch has to be your old boy Ethan Ampadu - an absolute steal at £7m. I don't remember him having a bad game yet. Now captain too.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Looks like Rowett is to return for the last 8 games, but think it could be too late to get us out of the shit. Mowbray won't return this season if at all, who's stand in Mark Venus has been a disaster.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Zippy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:58 am
Jonathan wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:40 am

Yep. McKenna has done a great job. On paper some of their players shouldn't be anywhere near the top of the league.

Daniel Farke could be where we have the edge over our rivals. He's done this before and has a very calm demeanour. He's done an excellent job as he inherited a messy situation last summer - lots of mercenaries wanting to go and the fans disullioned with nearly two years of post-Bielsa slop being served up. The new owners have made some good decisions so far and the signings have mostly all been spot on. The best of the bunch has to be your old boy Ethan Ampadu - an absolute steal at £7m. I don't remember him having a bad game yet. Now captain too.
Good to see him doing well. He needed a club to join and feel wanted. Sometimes being versatile can have its drawbacks for the individual as you float around a bit. You need to nail down a permanent position. Ben White is similar. He’s found it at right back now.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Come on the Southampton later

In a bit Foam Moe

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Well Birmingham might be going down to L1, but the owners are buying 50 acres of land a mile or so from St Andrews (@Knighthead Park), to build a multi sport stadium. Just have to hope that one of the sports is football.

Lot of hope and responsibility on the shoulders of Gary Rowett, our ex and current interim manager.