Sadiq Khan

In-depth debate on all topical issues
henrycrs

Re: Sadiq Khan

Post by henrycrs »

The Tick wrote:
henrycrs wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:12 pm How about spending the money improving services? Increasing staff wages? Avoiding strikes? Cleaning the fucking stations.

That’s right, doesn’t fit with the agenda does it.
Services are in healthy place as it is and spending £6 million on sorting out the overground map won't disrupt that. Stations for the most part are clean with regular service. Buses are pretty OK too.

People can keep throwing red herring after red herring at this argument but the underlying cause of the meltdown is the name changes.
The mask keeps slipping squire.

I don’t actually think you are real, probably a BOT with some sort of agenda malfunction.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

henrycrs wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:36 pm
subsub wrote:
The Tick wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:20 pm
lambrini wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:17 pm Great comeback. Left me totally speechless. Wow.
I can just imagine you having a panic attack when you alight one of the overground trains and hear "this is a windrush/lioness/suffragette line service to...".
The train announcement will say that, but I'm sure 99% of people will still just refer to it as the Overground (or the Goblin and other more localised terms that people use already).
Therefore it’s a complete waste of money.

Not really, it's intended to help people from out of London better segment the overground network and decipher its relation to other services.

In time people in London may well adapt the lines new names when referencing the services they depict.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

henrycrs wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:39 pm

I don’t actually think you are real, probably a BOT with some sort of agenda malfunction.
The only mask around here is the one thinly veneering the real reasons for the fauxtrage over a transport network rebrand.

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

The Tick wrote:
henrycrs wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:39 pm

The only mask around here is the one thinly veneering the real reasons for the fauxtrage over a transport network rebrand.
No one cares about the names, although interestingly you do, you really care.

I imagine you are a BOT based nowhere near London, getting excited on everyone else’s behalf.

They will continue to be known as what they are now by the folk who use them everyday - therefore a great use of money.

Least khan got some nice pictures out of it tho. Some for your wank bank hey.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

The Tick wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:29 pm
Zambo wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:28 pm
Have you got any defence?
Yes.

The deinals are clearly false.
You've goaded, You've obviously deliberately tried to wind posters up on numerous occasions on this thread and you've ignored warnings to pull your neck in.

If you want to enter narcissistic martyrdom for the 6th time that's up to you, I will oblige. If you carry on, there will be nowhere for you to go just like the last person banned from the forum

Your court. In the meantime take some time out to think about it.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

The Tick wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:37 pm
chelseachelsea wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:34 pm
Yes.

How clear? I'm intrigued how you know this and not making an assumption, and it's denials ok?
The weakness of the cover justifications such as cost. At the beginning the accusations were that TFL was in financial dire straits. Once that myth was dispelled, the argument changed to "it's a lot of money". When that was dispelled the argument was changed to "it could've been spent better elsewhere".

In other words, cost wasn't the underlying issue behind the objections to TFLs rebranding. If it was, the argument would be more water tight than that.
Are you sure TFL aren't financially busted? Even if they aren't it could neve been spent better elsewhere, unless you're a Sadiq fanboy and everything he touches is Gold.

birdie

Post by birdie »

I have an idea that Khan has never heard the old adage, Many a Mickle makes a Muckle', or, 'take care of the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves', both illustrate the flagrant don't care attitude of most Labour run authorities, if all else fails just increase the rates.
That wasted £6m is the mickle that could have contributed to the muckle instead it was pissed up the wall.

And before anyone brings up Boris' garden bridge, that was the most vain glorious error he's made, one of many, I may add.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Yes.

How clear? I'm intrigued how you know this and not making an assumption, and it's denials ok?
The weakness of the cover justifications such as cost. At the beginning the accusations were that TFL was in financial dire straits. Once that myth was dispelled, the argument changed to "it's a lot of money". When that was dispelled the argument was changed to "it could've been spent better elsewhere".

In other words, cost wasn't the underlying issue behind the objections to TFLs rebranding. If it was, the argument would be more water tight than that.
Tick, how many times do I have to tell you that the project is a waste of money? You know full well my argument is solid. The renaming isn't justifiable, as inadvertently proven by Sub's thoughts quoted above. He's right. The majority of people, including Overground staff, will continue to refer to the Overground as a collective noun and its routes rather than the names.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
“The forum's saucy upstart” –Ghost
“Solid broess” –Sadact7
“Decent long termer”–Paolo

birdie

Post by birdie »

chelseachelsea wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:29 pm
Yes.

Are you sure TFL aren't financially busted? Even if they aren't it could neve been spent better elsewhere, unless you're a Sadiq fanboy and everything he touches is Gold.
TFL was virtually bankrupt in 2020, during Covid it suspended the ticket machines and so the buses became free. I said it at the time that it was just plain stupid, the driver has a perspex screen with small holes in it so he can speak to passengers, all it needed was for the holes to be covered up with transparent film and no need to suspend the payment machines. If a perspex screen was good enough for supermarket workers why not bus driver.
Another thing TFL could have done was to rehouse the machines to the middle door, or would that be technically impossible.

The Government gave TFL millions (cant recall how much) to keep it afloat and then TFL asked for more but were told that they had to take measure to collect fares so all of a sudden the ticket machines were working again.
TFL also has a £15b black hole it the pension fund, Khan hopes to raise £123m a year by charging motorists to use the Blackwall Tunnel, which so far is free to use.

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

birdie wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:54 pm
Yes.

TFL was virtually bankrupt in 2020, during Covid it suspended the ticket machines and so the buses became free. I said it at the time that it was just plain stupid, the driver has a perspex screen with small holes in it so he can speak to passengers, all it needed was for the holes to be covered up with transparent film and no need to suspend the payment machines. If a perspex screen was good enough for supermarket workers why not bus driver.
Another thing TFL could have done was to rehouse the machines to the middle door, or would that be technically impossible.

The Government gave TFL millions (cant recall how much) to keep it afloat and then TFL asked for more but were told that they had to take measure to collect fares so all of a sudden the ticket machines were working again.
TFL also has a £15b black hole it the pension fund, Khan hopes to raise £123m a year by charging motorists to use the Blackwall Tunnel, which so far is free to use.
That's what I read, Tick must read publications, that don't agree with this...and then argue the toss about triggering gammons etc...sad really.

birdie

Post by birdie »

chelseachelsea wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:38 pm
birdie wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:54 pm
Yes.

That's what I read, Tick must read publications, that don't agree with this...and then argue the toss about triggering gammons etc...sad really.
I don't, for one minute, believe that Tick himself believes everything he posts, he puts up posts disagreeing with virtually everyone here, just to see how far he can go before someone loses their temper and posts something resulting in a ban. That's his main aim, to get someone a ban. I

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

The Tick wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:16 pm
Zippy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:12 pm
I don't know anyone who a. votes for him b. likes him c. votes in the mayor elections at all.

So what?
This is quite route one by your usual standards. No mentions of gammon tears, the "alt right" (whatever that is), Brexit benefits or other sixth form politics terms? Your standards are slipping old boy :(
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Zippy wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:55 am
The Tick wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:16 pm
Zippy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:12 pm
I don't know anyone who a. votes for him b. likes him c. votes in the mayor elections at all.

So what?
This is quite route one by your usual standards. No mentions of gammon tears, the "alt right" (whatever that is), Brexit benefits or other sixth form politics terms? Your standards are slipping old boy :(
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Roast
( ◡‿◡ )
“Solid broess” –Sadact7

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

I've stuck some of recent posts about Tick in the off topic posts. Best to keep future comments about Khan.

Cheers.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

TFL: Severe delays on the Overground due to heavy rain and signal failures.
Also TFL: Not to worry! We've spent millions renaming the lines.

( ◡‿◡ )
“Solid broess” –Sadact7