Sadiq Khan

In-depth debate on all topical issues
lambrini

Re: Sadiq Khan

Post by lambrini »

Zippy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:20 pm Wears a gilet under a suit jacket. Absolute wrongun.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knobber fashion or, as they say in French, Rodney, 'knobbert mod.'

https://www.mrporter.com/en-dk/journal/ ... et-1411864

"The uninitiated, a gilet (otherwise known as a vest in the US) might seem like a rather pointless item of clothing, akin to fingerless gloves or snoods. However, this garment was in fact born out of practicality. The grandfather of the modern gilet is believed to have first appeared around the 15th century and was then known as a “jerkin”. A sleeveless peasant jacket, usually made of leather, this trusty companion kept the wearer warm while allowing unimpeded movement for those out working all day.

Fast forward to the 21st century and things have moved on considerably."

Fuck off, Mr Porter. Twat

( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

birdie

Post by birdie »

lambrini wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:36 pm
Zippy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:20 pm Wears a gilet under a suit jacket. Absolute wrongun.

"The uninitiated, a gilet (otherwise known as a vest in the US) might seem like a rather pointless item of clothing, akin to fingerless gloves or snoods. However, this garment was in fact born out of practicality. The grandfather of the modern gilet is believed to have first appeared around the 15th century and was then known as a “jerkin”. A sleeveless peasant jacket, usually made of leather, this trusty companion kept the wearer warm while allowing unimpeded movement for those out working all day.

Fecking hell, obviously aimed at those with more money than sense.
Lambers, you are aware that model cost 496 euros, about £424 :lol: :lol: :lol:

I got a full length goose down cost for £40 in the Lands End sale last year, and splashed out another £40 on 4 down filled jackets, different colours and if they last a winter no money lost.
Oh, that's £40 for the 4, not each. :lol:
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

birdie wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:23 pm
lambrini wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:36 pm

Fecking hell, obviously aimed at those with more money than sense.
Lambers, you are aware that model cost 496 euros, about £424 :lol: :lol: :lol:

I got a full length goose down cost for £40 in the Lands End sale last year, and splashed out another £40 on 4 down filled jackets, different colours and if they last a winter no money lost.
Oh, that's £40 for the 4, not each. :lol:
:lol:

400 hundred quid?! No wonder Mr Porter mentions "jerkin". I hope buyers get a circle jerk thrown in for that price!
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

I wear a gilet.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Vespa wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:02 am I wear a gilet.
:lol:

Gilet! The best a man can get.
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Regardless of politics, he’s clearly a gimp.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

subsub

Post by subsub »

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... ork-london
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Tories delete Sadiq Khan attack ad showing New York instead of London
Footage of people panicking, designed to attack the London mayor’s record on crime, was filmed in a New York subway station

The Conservatives have deleted an online video that used scenes of a panicked crowd at a New York subway station to criticise Sadiq Khan’s record on crime in London.

The attack ad, posted on X in support of Susan Hall – Khan’s rival for the London mayoralty, showed people panicking and rushing through New York’s Penn station after false reports of gunfire in 2017.

The caption on the video claimed “London under Labour has become a crime capital of the world”, and showed an emoji of a red rose – the symbol of the Labour party – wilting and shedding its petals.

After commentators such as the political journalist Paul Waugh spotted that the video about London showed scenes from New York, it was withdrawn and replaced with a video where the Penn station clips had been cut.

Originally, the scenes from Penn station had been shown in black and white, and overlaid with an ominous US-accented narrator saying: “A 54% increase in knife crime since the Labour mayor seized power has the metropolis teetering on the brink of chaos. “And in the chaos, people seek a desperate reprieve.”

As the Guardian reported last month, according to the Crime Survey for England and Wales, people are less likely to be victims of crime in London than across the country as a whole.

In the capital, 14.9% of people experienced a crime either to their person or their household in the year ending September 2023, compared with 15.7% nationally.
WOKE AND PROUD

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Good grief!
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

birdie

Post by birdie »

What a surprise, not.
Who would have ever imagined that film makers use various locations in filming. You only have to look at any TV drama and search for the various locations used in them, Nash terraces in Bath purporting to be in London, same with parks and open spaces, village streets and ponds used as locations for dramas set a 100 miles away.
It's simple really, just like Khan supporters, Khan and TFL most likely refused permission to film on the underground network.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

birdie wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:37 am What a surprise, not.
Who would have ever imagined that film makers use various locations in filming. You only have to look at any TV drama and search for the various locations used in them, Nash terraces in Bath purporting to be in London, same with parks and open spaces, village streets and ponds used as locations for dramas set a 100 miles away.
It's simple really, just like Khan supporters, Khan and TFL most likely refused permission to film on the underground network.
Indeed. Channel 5 and filmmakers often use Budapest for Britain in their shitty dramas due to tax breaks etc. Was done last week in 'Coma' and even though they try to hide it as much as possible you can tell it's not Britain by the houses and buildings.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

birdie

Post by birdie »

Carlos J wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:03 am
Indeed. Channel 5 and filmmakers often use Budapest for Britain in their shitty dramas due to tax breaks etc. Was done last week in 'Coma' and even though they try to hide it as much as possible you can tell it's not Britain by the houses and buildings.
:lol: the most famous location filming going back several decades were the Clint Eastwood 'spaghetti' westerns, filmed in that famous land of spaghetti, Spain, and the conspiracy theorists favourite, area 57, or whatever number it is. :lol:

subsub

Post by subsub »

Er, except that we're not talking about a TV drama filmed for entertainment purposes, we're talking about a political party using footage of a city in another continent and passing it off as London in an attempt to make a misleading point about violent crime.
WOKE AND PROUD

antdad

Post by antdad »

:lol: Any gimp with a mobile phone can capture usable footage for an attack ad of commuters running for a train, blank out the faces and then claim otherwise.

It was removed or re-edited because the depiction was a complete and utter fabrication, much like Hall's claim that she'd been robbed. :rolleyes:

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

birdie wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:15 am
Carlos J wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:03 am
:lol: the most famous location filming going back several decades were the Clint Eastwood 'spaghetti' westerns, filmed in that famous land of spaghetti, Spain, and the conspiracy theorists favourite, area 57, or whatever number it is. :lol:
Mention Area 51 quietly, don't want to start the conspiracy types off. :ufo: :rolleyes:
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

antdad

Post by antdad »

@Birdie

Clint's Dollars Trillogy was filmed in Spain but the term "Spaghetti Westerns" was coined by a Spanish journalist because the crews, writers, directors and producers were usually all Italian. Many hundreds of these films were shot in the South of Italy and yes also Spain because they were low budget and it was very cheap to do so.