Roughest pub you've ever been in

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Sid Pervcat

Re: Roughest pub you've ever been in

Post by Sid Pervcat »

AlcoholBrazil wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:59 pm Sid reassured the bloke that him and his mates and 2 pints in another
pub prior to avoid a beating.
Errr..OK..

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

There was a pub on Chester Road in Manchester called Pomona Palace which was a bit moody.

If it was a nice day after a United match I often walked back into town and stopped in there for a couple.

One day, after a poor result for Utd, I was walking up to the door with my brother when a woman standing outside having a fag (think Mimi Maguire from Shameless except not Scouse) says to us “it’s a fuckin’ funeral in there today lads”. Thinking she was passing comment on the downbeat atmosphere after the shit game, we headed inside and bought a pint.

After standing and supping for a couple of minutes our lad nudges me and says “nice one, they’ve got a free spread out.” Not being hungry I left him to grab a plate and head toward the buffet. Looking around properly for the first time I noticed that people were wearing suits (by which I mean generally shirt, tie, trousers, black trainers and some had a zip up hoodie).

It dawned on me with horror that we were inadvertently crashing an actual wake and, judging by the moody looking mourners, helping ourselves to a free feed from the wake buffet would NOT be appreciated.

Fortunately I managed to loudly whisper “OI, PUT THE PLATE DOWN, ITS A FUCKING WAKE FOR FUCK’S SAKE!!”

Thank God he heard me and returned the plate just as a few people noticed he was about to help himself to the food laid out in memory of their loved one. I genuinely think we would have been checking in for a spell in the ICU if we’d not noticed. Suffice to say we drank up and fucked off double quick :lol:

Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

Man_called_sun

Post by Man_called_sun »

>90% of the pubs in Gateshead
One day I am going to grow wings
A chemical reaction
Hysterical and useless

Reg

Post by Reg »

Went in my local - nice quiet neighbourhood pub - while living in Streatham in the 1990s.

Noticed everyone was crowded in one bar, and someone mentioned something about the people in the other bar.

Went through and there were about 40 Rangers fans in there, all looking like Mad Dog Adair, having either spent the past ten years in prison gyms or guzzling steroids.

Watched them jumping around singing murderous songs for a couple of minutes, then went back to the other bar for a pint.
Roy IN!!

Reg

Post by Reg »

I worked in a pub once, and John Bindon walked in with his arms around two rough-looking women and carrying a sawn-off shotgun.
Roy IN!!

Reg

Post by Reg »

Once got into a nasty fight outside a pub in Hoxton (in the days when it was a very rough place) when we were ambushed by a bunch of blokes who piled out with bottles and other weapons.

I think they must have been waiting for someone else - maybe a football firm or something.
Roy IN!!

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

There was a pub on the local sink estate near me called 'The Falstoff Arms'. It's been knocked down since. That was pretty rough. A guy I worked with drank a pint of whiskey in one go on his 50th birthday and prompted had a massive heart-attack and died on the spot. Now that's living the dream.

Carlos, what is 'The Brickmakers' pub like in Norwich? Never been there but that always looks rough as fuck.
Last edited by carcinogen on Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Reg

Post by Reg »

Went into a pub in a little Australian town and there was a sign on the wall by the pool table that said NO FIGHTING.
Roy IN!!

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Reg wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:33 pm Went into a pub in a little Australian town and there was a sign on the wall by the pool table that said NO FIGHTING.
But kidnapping and raping back-packers was presumably acceptable. :P
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

There was a pub in Salford, which was apparently a place where one lot of gang members drank. Two walked in to shoot one of the drinkers. The customers disarmed them, took them outside and shot them.
At another Salford pub a ‘gunman’ walked in and shot one of the drinkers. The other drinkers, probably 30, never saw a thing!

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

I reckon Tyson Fury knows some good ones.

Reg

Post by Reg »

Sadact7 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:27 pm There was a pub on Chester Road in Manchester called Pomona Palace which was a bit moody.

If it was a nice day after a United match I often walked back into town and stopped in there for a couple.

One day, after a poor result for Utd, I was walking up to the door with my brother when a woman standing outside having a fag (think Mimi Maguire from Shameless except not Scouse) says to us “it’s a fuckin’ funeral in there today lads”. Thinking she was passing comment on the downbeat atmosphere after the shit game, we headed inside and bought a pint.

After standing and supping for a couple of minutes our lad nudges me and says “nice one, they’ve got a free spread out.” Not being hungry I left him to grab a plate and head toward the buffet. Looking around properly for the first time I noticed that people were wearing suits (by which I mean generally shirt, tie, trousers, black trainers and some had a zip up hoodie).

It dawned on me with horror that we were inadvertently crashing an actual wake and, judging by the moody looking mourners, helping ourselves to a free feed from the wake buffet would NOT be appreciated.

Fortunately I managed to loudly whisper “OI, PUT THE PLATE DOWN, ITS A FUCKING WAKE FOR FUCK’S SAKE!!”

Thank God he heard me and returned the plate just as a few people noticed he was about to help himself to the food laid out in memory of their loved one. I genuinely think we would have been checking in for a spell in the ICU if we’d not noticed. Suffice to say we drank up and fucked off double quick :lol:

Should have done the lot of them and finished your pint at YOUR pleasure.
Roy IN!!

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Reg wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:22 pm I worked in a pub once, and John Bindon walked in with his arms around two rough-looking women and carrying a sawn-off shotgun.
Did he order five halves? What did Vicky and Maggie have?
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Reg

Post by Reg »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:21 pm
Reg wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:22 pm I worked in a pub once, and John Bindon walked in with his arms around two rough-looking women and carrying a sawn-off shotgun.
Did he order five halves? What did Vicky and Maggie have?
It was a proper pub which didn't have those horrible beer mugs.* Straight glasses only, so he couldn't do his human mug-tree trick.

He didn't do his "Can you hear me Darkey?" routine either.

Sadly it wasn't those two ladies either. Apparently Margaret was the rudest woman alive, so in a way I wish it had been.

Bindon was on a downward spiral and looked a right state.

* The White Hart, just by Stamford Bridge - you might remember it.
Roy IN!!

Man_called_sun

Post by Man_called_sun »

Some of the comments here are fucking priceless.
One day I am going to grow wings
A chemical reaction
Hysterical and useless