Bile

Anything sportlike
Zambo

Re: Bile

Post by Zambo »

subsub wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:16 am
Zambo wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:53 am
subsub wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:40 am
Zambo wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:52 am A lot of excuses for failure in these games. Hughes now saying he had cramp and had to move. :lol:

If you fuck up, suck it up, don't make yourself look a prat.
How do you know he didn't have cramp?
Honestly, Zambo, your glee whenever British athletes fail is rather worrying :?
No need to worry about me subsub concentrate on yourself, and believe me it wasn't glee, just irritation at more excuses. If you believe he had cramp that's up to you. He left the blocks before the gun, and he should have put his hand up to signal that he had a problem, as Carlos said. Then the starters would have got everyone up and he could have had another go.

You must be a sitting duck for scammers.
I agree with the ex-pros who said he should have put his hand up etc, but he didn't for whatever reason.
I'm as cynical as the next man, but you keep banging on about "excuses" all the time, and you've made it pretty clear you don't believe any of them, which is a bit odd, imo.
I believe the ones who sound legit. He didn't.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

I once ran for a bus, and I watch sport on the telly. I therefore have a valuable contrubution to make to this discussion, which WILL be heard, through Twitter.
Fucking pathetic, isn't it? The tyranny of democracy, I mean, where every voice is held to be of equal value.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

subsub

Post by subsub »

A bronze for brave Biles in the balance beam.

That shows real mental toughness, to go what she's gone through and return to win a medal.
=D> =D>
WOKE AND PROUD

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

Is she being coached by the hallmark film channel? Seems she's doing a crappy adaptation of her life but in real time!
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Gemili is another one with the backbone of a blancmange

You knew that Cram didn't believe he was really injured, just not able to say so explicitly.
There's no poem, just prose.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:32 pm Gemili is another one with the backbone of a blancmange

You knew that Cram didn't believe he was really injured, just not able to say so explicitly.
But he stopped almost straightaway.
Why go to all that faff and not run the race if his hamstring was actually fine?
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Really pleased she made such an incredibly fast recovery and was able to compete. It's the only way to respond to the haters. 'You guys have no idea what she's going through'

Last week, Biles, from Spring, Texas, revealed that she was suffering from the 'twisties', a mental block that causes gymnasts to feel as though they are 'lost in the air' and can result in serious injury .

That sounds torturous.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

I get the twisties after 9 pints of Guinness and a few JD's

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Fair play, though.
I said that the Biles should fuck right off, and I was WRONG! She did, indeed, take a further part in the gymnasics, so good for her.

I still don't quite understand how her mental health could have changed, or her "twistie" spacial-awareness could have changed, over three days, but it DID, according to her, rather than me and Piers Morgan "reckoning" some fucking thing.

I therefore take it all back.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99