Fucking Dogs

You'll get the gist quick enough. Feel free to vent about life's rich tapestry and how it pisses you off. But steer clear of other forum members or you will be the target of a virtual kick up the arse.
lambrini

Re: Fucking Dogs

Post by lambrini »

Sadact7 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:42 am Proper dog 8)

Awww! Is that your doggo? 😭😭😭 So cute!
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

lambrini wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:51 pm

Awww! Is that your doggo? 😭😭😭 So cute!
How old? A new pup or adopted from a rescue centre?
My last five have all been older rescues. I love to get a dog like that but at my age it would probably outlive me, and I doubt if I could keep up with an energetic young dog.

antdad

Post by antdad »

Colly/cross?, cute. Frustrated at rescue centres as been looking on and off for a year since our last mutt passed, picked up this pup nearby a couple of weeks ago. Swore I'd never get a spaniel type as they are nuts but was overruled, I've been right so far.

Mol1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by antdad on Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Ha it’s not mine, just saw a picture of a border pup.

Would have one in a heartbeat but just wouldn’t have the time for it.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

antdad

Post by antdad »

Very wise.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

antdad wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:26 pmVery wise.
Your little mate there is a sweetheart. What have you called him/her?

Again, I’d love to be able to take on a rescue but would worry about not being able to give it the time it needed. I imagine it’s so rewarding when you see a rescue turn into a happy, normal dog :D

In a bit Foam Moe

antdad

Post by antdad »

That's if you can do it and not every "rescuer" can, not saying I'm a pro but I'm experienced just not with pups so it's a learning process for me too. You see plenty of dysfunctional mutts that've been rescued by well meaning folks and they just don't have a clue but if you're successful and your dog ends up being well-mannered, obedient and adored by others then yes it's very rewarding. If your dog's a shithouse and you have to walk it alone because for whatever reason it's anti-social or become so I don't see anything rewarding about that.

She came with the name "Molly" which although common as shite she answers to and seems to suit so that's probably going to be keeper.
Not really a proper rescue as were my previous mutts but came from a young mum who couldn't really cope with a toddler and a pup (or so she said) so was looking for buyers. The Mrs fell for her despite my objections, she's such a girly looking dog but it has it's advantages as you get chatted up loads. :)

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Lovely pics, Sado! What a wee belter.

Ant, I remember your post when your dog passed on and that pic of her with a burst ball did make my eyes well up, what a wee lovely she was, she was well loved from you guys too, could tell by your ace post about her.

We are sitting a dog from Boxing Day to the 3rd of Jan. Had him a few times, last two summers and a few weekends or trips when his owners were away. A wee black/white Schnauzer, I´ll try get pic of him up in a few weeks yet he hates getting his pic taken and always looks away when he sees you holding the phone up. Such a good wee natured dog.

Made a huge mistake though two years ago when he was one year old. His first time away from home with us for three weeks, and wined the whole night - in a strange house as well with us - so we took him up in the bed, and now that's where he sleeps most of the night if he stays with us.

I don't know if all dogs do this, but if you take him a decent walk. He'll come and sit with you for about half an hour once in the door, he´s probably just knackered but I think its his way of saying cheers bigman for taking me out.

Its an overused cliche etc, but its true. The love a dog has for someone who treats them write is one of the best feelings in the world. I seen him for the first time in about 10 weeks on Monday, and was genuinely a bit hyper to see him - always comes right over to me.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

kevin04 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:44 pm Lovely pics, Sado! What a wee belter.

Ant, I remember your post when your dog passed on and that pic of her with a burst ball did make my eyes well up, what a wee lovely she was, she was well loved from you guys too, could tell by your ace post about her.

We are sitting a dog from Boxing Day to the 3rd of Jan. Had him a few times, last two summers and a few weekends or trips when his owners were away. A wee black/white Schnauzer, I´ll try get pic of him up in a few weeks yet he hates getting his pic taken and always looks away when he sees you holding the phone up. Such a good wee natured dog.

Made a huge mistake though two years ago when he was one year old. His first time away from home with us for three weeks, and wined the whole night - in a strange house as well with us - so we took him up in the bed, and now that's where he sleeps most of the night if he stays with us.

I don't know if all dogs do this, but if you take him a decent walk. He'll come and sit with you for about half an hour once in the door, he´s probably just knackered but I think its his way of saying cheers bigman for taking me out.

Its an overused cliche etc, but its true. The love a dog has for someone who treats them write is one of the best feelings in the world. I seen him for the first time in about 10 weeks on Monday, and was genuinely a bit hyper to see him - always comes right over to me.
Lovely Kev and remember Ant's post as well.

Not sure if told this tale so apologies if I have. So back in Nottingham, a firend and his girlfriend went off to India for six months or so and three of us in a shared house dog sat for him (it was his dog as he had it before he met her). All fine as the dog knew all of us and knew our house.

She'd stayed with us for a week at the longest before, so after about a month we were wondering if she now thought she was with us forever, she never moped and was happy as always.

So roll on when they came back and mate came round to get her and we were wondering how she'd react. Went absolutely mental for about 15 minutes before he could calm her down, was quite emotional.

Wondering how long dog owners have left theirs before?
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Nice one, CJ.

I've seen the vids on soliders coming back or cancer patients meeting their pooch again. Really is heart tugging stuff.

I know its a cliché but they really are man's best friend. And I ken, a lot of it is due to you feeding them, caring for them, but at least they show they like you or appreciate your efforts.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

antdad

Post by antdad »

Thanks fellas, @Kev...as you're dog sitting, a tired dog is happy dog so have your walking/play kit always at the ready. I always liked (mini?) schnauzers and they were always on the list but it never happened, I'm sure you'll be fine dog sitting. If the mutt sleeps with the owners not much you can really do except replicate what it's used to, it's a very personal decision and I don't judge but I've never let my dog on the sofa let alone upstairs.

I once met an owner wiping the dog's arse with a wipe so I couldn't resist and asked her why? Well she said, the dog goes on the kids beds. I said nothing, that makes sense to some but not to me.
Last edited by antdad on Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gheko

Post by gheko »

If your best friend is a dog, you have issues.

antdad

Post by antdad »

gheko wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:03 pm If your best friend is a dog, you have issues.
Yes, especially if they admit (with pride) they prefer an animal's to human company. Usually women of a certain age and unkept...

Reg

Post by Reg »

Sadact7 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:14 am I imagine it’s so rewarding when you see a rescue turn into a happy, normal dog
What makes you think it would turn into thst under your guidance? :)
Roy IN!!

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Reg wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:26 pm
Sadact7 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:14 am I imagine it’s so rewarding when you see a rescue turn into a happy, normal dog
What makes you think it would turn into thst under your guidance? :)
Because I actually like dogs.

Humans can get in the fucking bin with my boot print across their face.

In a bit Foam Moe