Re: Tottenham Hotspur Disaster Season 2021/22

Anything sportlike
JudgeTedd

Re: Re: Tottenham Hotspur Disaster Season 2021/22

Post by JudgeTedd »

kancutlawns wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:40 pm Spurs signing Pape Matar Sarr. He’s a very good player. Ndombele’s on the market at £60m, difficult to see who’s going to pay that.
This Sarr lad was only five when Sp*rs last won a trophy. :shock:

Someone has sold him a false dream.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

They seem to have taken their last defeat very badly. Supporters groups want an inquest into where the club is headed.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

JudgeTedd wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:38 pm They seem to have taken their last defeat very badly. Supporters groups want an inquest into where the club is headed.
As an old friend used to say:

“DOWN DOWN DOWN”
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

Reg

Post by Reg »

Sadact7 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:55 pm
JudgeTedd wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:38 pm They seem to have taken their last defeat very badly. Supporters groups want an inquest into where the club is headed.
As an old friend used to say:

“DOWN DOWN DOWN”
Was Pete Butters a Spurs fan?

For some reason I always assumed he was.
Roy IN!!

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

When he wasn't cruising for brasses, he loved to yell at spuds
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Reg

Post by Reg »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:30 pm When he wasn't cruising for brasses, he loved to yell at spuds
A spud with a bit of butter can be a lovely combination.

But not always.
Roy IN!!

No longer the Bridesmaid

Not at three am when considering one's overdraft

Reg

Post by Reg »

As the Spurs ethos chimed perfectly with the Premier League “product”, it is interesting to note that in the Premier League Era they have won two League Cups.

Burnley were the reigning league champions when Spurs last won the title, and Ipswich won it the following year.

Quite extraordinary really for a club of their size and wealth.
Roy IN!!

No longer the Bridesmaid

I think not winning anything has certain tax implications

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Reg wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:39 pm As the Spurs ethos chimed perfectly with the Premier League “product”, it is interesting to note that in the Premier League Era they have won two League Cups.

Burnley were the reigning league champions when Spurs last won the title, and Ipswich won it the following year.

To further add, no James Bond films had ever been released. And the Beatles had yet to have a number one single.

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Reg

Post by Reg »

JudgeTedd wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:17 pm
Reg wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:39 pm As the Spurs ethos chimed perfectly with the Premier League “product”, it is interesting to note that in the Premier League Era they have won two League Cups.

To further add, no James Bond films had ever been released. And the Beatles had yet to have a number one single.
It could actually be worse… Although the Beatles/Beat Brothers had recorded with Tony Sheridan as early as March 1961, I don’t think the first single was released (in Germany) until October (well after the end of the 1960-61 season). And it wasn’t released in this country until 1962, when Spurs were busy surrendering their title.

So I think we can fairly say that they hadn’t released ANY singles when Spurs last won the league.

Incidentally, recordings were still released on 78rpm shellac discs when Spurs won the league.

And talking of the Beatles in Hamburg, football was basically amateur in West Germany, and there was still no national professional league in that country when Spurs won the English title.
Roy IN!!

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Reg wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:40 pm
JudgeTedd wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:17 pm

It could actually be worse… Although the Beatles/Beat Brothers had recorded with Tony Sheridan as early as March 1961, I don’t think the first single was released (in Germany) until October (well after the end of the 1960-61 season). And it wasn’t released in this country until 1962, when Spurs were busy surrendering their title.

So I think we can fairly say that they hadn’t released ANY singles when Spurs last won the league.

Incidentally, recordings were still released on 78rpm shellac discs when Spurs won the league.

And talking of the Beatles in Hamburg, football was basically amateur in West Germany, and there was still no national professional league in that country when Spurs won the English title.
It’s even worse than that. All these people had yet to be born since their last title win -

George Clooney
Barack Obama
Boy George
Diana, Princess of Wales
Carl Lewis
Ricky Gervais
Meg Ryan
Clive Allen
Harry Enfield, to name but a few.

At the other end of the scale, Marilyn Monroe might’ve gone to the title celebrations had she so wished. Highly unlikely though, I believe she was an avid Charlton supporter.

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Spurs last title win was closer to Queen Victoria's reign than the present day
A joyless arsehole.

subsub

Post by subsub »

shabbado wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:45 pm Spurs last title win was closer to Queen Victoria's reign than the present day
:lol: :lol:
WOKE AND PROUD

Reg

Post by Reg »

shabbado wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:45 pm Spurs last title win was closer to Queen Victoria's reign than the present day
And closer to Bury’s last FA Cup win.
Roy IN!!