NFL Road to Super Bowl LVI and NtFL Games

Anything sportlike
Carlos J
Forum Admin

NFL Road to Super Bowl LVI and NtFL Games

Post by Carlos J »

And we're nearly back. Continuation from last years thread: https://talkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f ... &start=885

New season punts off in the early hours of Thursday 9 September with the Cowboys at Super Bowl champs Buccaneers. No games on Saturday 11 September, the 20th anniverary of 9/11.

Super Bowl LVI is Sunday 13 February in Inglewood, LA County. Sunday and Monday already booked off.

Our games start on Sunday 12 September at 6pm as usual.

All past players will be PMd. New players always welcome and great spreadsheets and chatter are guaranteed. 8)

As per, never follow pre-season, so mon the Packers. #GoPackGo

Two NFL London games back this year.

As per, not mocking Harper, she will get us going:

ImageImageImage

And one for Kevin from last years Super Bowl:

And 2.15 to Salem's comment:
Salem wrote: ↑Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:35 pm On a side note .........some great hardware doing the fly over tonight 😎
And on another plane side note, historical, 1991, just after Gulf War 1 started, Whitneys magnificence had F-16s flypast:

One other side note for very eagle eyed spotters, at 1.35, the old flag of Georgia with the state seal of Georgia and Confederate flag next to the flag of Hawaii with the Union Jack in the canton. A nice juxtoposition and yes did notice that myself just now as on plane watch.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: NFL Road to Superbowl LVI and NtFL Games

Post by Carlos J »

So two NFL London games this year. Both at new Spurs Stadium.

Sunday 10 October 2.30pm: Jets @ Falcons

Sunday 17 October 2.30pm: Dolphins @ Jaguars

Nowt great, but need to go and want to see the shit Jets and am in that London the next day so hopefully.

Tickets here: https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-london-gam ... icket-faqs

Basically general sales are Wednesday August 25 at 10am. On Ticketmaster.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

NtFL games listed in a week or so and PMs to all.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Carlos J wrote: ↑Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:10 am And we're nearly back. Continuation from last years thread: https://talkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f ... &start=885

New season punts off in the early hours of Thursday 9 September with the Cowboys at Super Bowl champs Buccaneers. No games on Saturday 11 September, the 20th anniverary of 9/11.

Super Bowl LVI is Sunday 13 February in Inglewood, LA County. Sunday and Monday already booked off.

Our games start on Sunday 12 September at 6pm as usual.

All past players will be PMd. New players always welcome and great spreadsheets and chatter are guaranteed. 8)

As per, never follow pre-season, so mon the Packers. #GoPackGo
Yay! :D

Cheers, Carlos.

GO BRONCOS!

:dart:
WOKE AND PROUD

Salem

Post by Salem »

Yay indeed , Subs .

Looking forward to having the crowds back this year , they were a big miss last season .

I'll still be cheering on (grudgingly) the Silver & Black although I feel dirty about it...........Las Vegas for fucks sake . Although my soft spot for my NFC team has got a little bit bigger since they abandoned Oakland , I may be in a bit of a quandary re:loyalties come November 7th .

I'll be having a cheeky Β£5 on an outsider this year as per and despite being in the same division as the Chiefs , I think the Chargers might surprise a few .

Good luck to all NtFL'ers in the coming season unless either the Boston or San Fran are your teams ............ in your case you can get tae fuck :wink: .

Cheers Carlos :partyman:
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....

subsub

Post by subsub »

Salem wrote: ↑Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:31 pm Yay indeed , Subs .

Looking forward to having the crowds back this year , they were a big miss last season .

I'll still be cheering on (grudgingly) the Silver & Black although I feel dirty about it...........Las Vegas for fucks sake . Although my soft spot for my NFC team has got a little bit bigger since they abandoned Oakland , I may be in a bit of a quandary re:loyalties come November 7th .

I'll be having a cheeky Β£5 on an outsider this year as per and despite being in the same division as the Chiefs , I think the Chargers might surprise a few .

Good luck to all NtFL'ers in the coming season unless either the Boston or San Fran are your teams ............ in your case you can get tae fuck :wink: .

Cheers Carlos :partyman:
Good luck, Salem :)
I don't really have an NFC team, but I would love the Vikings to win one one day.
I like the Packers, too - proper authentic NFL team - but I don't support them.
WOKE AND PROUD

Salem

Post by Salem »

subsub wrote: ↑Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:18 pm Good luck, Salem :)
I don't really have an NFC team, but I would love the Vikings to win one one day.
Cheers Subs , right back atchya. Although being in the same division , I should hope the Orange Crush will crash and burn , yet no .

Franchising sucks. Oakland to L.A sucked , L.A back to Oakland somehow felt right but Las Vegas ............not for me Beeky . But , Raiders is Raiders so what'm I gonna do ? .

Loving the Big Blue of the NFC , more since they fucked up Bostons perfect season in 2007 :D .

It's almost like growing up following Wolverhampton Wanderes and falling in love with Glasgow Rangers. I guess shit really does happen.........who'd have thunk it .

I'll finish by saying good luck Subs , not so much Denver πŸ˜‰πŸ»
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Think I fixed the editing, Salem. If I had to have an AFC team, would be the Steelers, just as solid blue collar team. Maybe also the Jets who are just shit and the poor ginger step brother of the Giants, hence wanting to see them this year.

But hey, look at this. Only pre-season:

Remember, if interested, general sale ticket for the two London games go on sale on Tuesday at 10am on Ticketmaster.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Salem wrote: ↑Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:53 pm
subsub wrote: ↑Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:18 pm Good luck, Salem :)
Cheers Subs , right back atchya. Although being in the same division , I should hope the Orange Crush will crash and burn , yet no .

Franchising sucks. Oakland to L.A sucked , L.A back to Oakland somehow felt right but Las Vegas ............not for me Beeky . But , Raiders is Raiders so what'm I gonna do ? .

Loving the Big Blue of the NFC , more since they fucked up Bostons perfect season in 2007 :D .

It's almost like growing up following Wolverhampton Wanderes and falling in love with Glasgow Rangers. I guess shit really does happen.........who'd have thunk it .

I'll finish by saying good luck Subs , not so much Denver πŸ˜‰πŸ»
Yep, agreed re franchises. All a bit weird.
I know a few Raiders fans, as they were one of the go-to teams when American footy was first shown in the UK.
When I was at school, everyone supported one of: Dolphins/Cowboys/49ers/Raiders/Redskins/Bears, but it was watching Elway in his pomp that convinced me to follow the Broncos. Being stuffed in 3 Super Bowls in 4 years was hard to take, but the first one against the Packers was sweet as 8)

WOKE AND PROUD

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

NFL regular season has been extended by a game to 17 games.

It's gonna be carnage.

Imagine we're going to see a fair few records broken in the next few seasons. Notably Dickerson's 2105 rushing yards in a single season.

Good argument for an entire new record set being established with the addition of this extra game. For context OJ Simpson ran for 2,003 yards in a 14 game season for an average of 143.1 yards per game. No player has came within 10 yards of that YPG total since. Extrapolating it out he'd have ran for 2432 yards in a 17 game season.

Not particularly looking for to the season. My Eagles are shit. One of the 5 worst teams in the league. At this stage all i can hope for is a top 3 draft pick in April.

The London games look especially rank this year. Like export the Premier League to American and playing Brighton v Watford and Southampton v Brentford at the Rose Bowl.

Meh
A joyless arsehole.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

shabbado wrote: ↑Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:44 am NFL regular season has been extended by a game to 17 games.

It's gonna be carnage.

Imagine we're going to see a fair few records broken in the next few seasons. Notably Dickerson's 2105 rushing yards in a single season.

Good argument for an entire new record set being established with the addition of this extra game. For context OJ Simpson ran for 2,003 yards in a 14 game season for an average of 143.1 yards per game. No player has came within 10 yards of that YPG total since. Extrapolating it out he'd have ran for 2432 yards in a 17 game season.

Not particularly looking for to the season. My Eagles are shit. One of the 5 worst teams in the league. At this stage all i can hope for is a top 3 draft pick in April.

The London games look especially rank this year. Like export the Premier League to American and playing Brighton v Watford and Southampton v Brentford at the Rose Bowl.

Meh
Bag o' shite. And more importantly, how it effects our game. Just a one week off seems to be the obvious thing.

And remember if you want to see NFL this year, 10am tomorrow, general tickets. And yes, I want to see the shit Jets because they are the Jets and finally get to a game.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Get to see the mighy New York Jets like I want to. 10am tomorrow.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Did you get your tickets?

Looks like it's sold out and the cheapest ticket was 94 quid exclusive of fees and delivery?
A joyless arsehole.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

shabbado wrote: ↑Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:29 pm Did you get your tickets?

Looks like it's sold out and the cheapest ticket was 94 quid exclusive of fees and delivery?
Yeah for the Jets @ Falcons. Wanted that one to see the Jets and in that London on Monday 11 October anyway so makes sense.

Cheapest for both was Β£60 + fees = Β£67, that's what I paid. Over an hour in the queue but still plenty availabe when got on.

Will finally get to a game, hopefully.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Carlos J wrote: ↑Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:15 pm
shabbado wrote: ↑Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:29 pm Did you get your tickets?

Yeah for the Jets @ Falcons. Wanted that one to see the Jets and in that London on Monday 11 October anyway so makes sense.

Cheapest for both was Β£60 + fees = Β£67, that's what I paid. Over an hour in the queue but still plenty availabe when got on.

Will finally get to a game, hopefully.
Will you actually turn up this time :wink:

60 + fees isn't bad. We paid that for nose bleed at Wemberleeee last time round.
A joyless arsehole.