Energy market

In-depth debate on all topical issues
The Tick

Re: Energy market

Post by The Tick »

theleader82 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:19 pm We don’t have enough lorry drivers now because everyone seems to work in I.t. And works from home, or their project managers whatever that means. Lorry drivers, builders and road workers are the backbone of the country, not people in shiny office blocks
So why is the UK government allowing lorry drivers from the EU to work here? Isn't the UK government meant to be championing UK lorry drivers?

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

I've just seen a list. The energy company I left last year has gone out of business this year.
Thats two out of two for me.

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

theleader82 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:19 pm We don’t have enough lorry drivers now because everyone seems to work in I.t. And works from home, or their project managers whatever that means. Lorry drivers, builders and road workers are the backbone of the country, not people in shiny office blocks
Do you know even the slightest thing about the real reasons for the driver shortage?

Clue...the answer is no.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Sid Pervcat wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:53 pm
Do you know even the slightest thing about the real reasons for the driver shortage?

There’s been a shortage for years. Nothing to do with brexit. It’s a hard job with long hours which isn’t great if you have a family

Clue...the answer is no.
Man U and rangers

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Just about the most stupidest thing you’ve said. Not everyone has the aptitude or desire to have career in IT. A load of firms have a hybrid system post-Covid where people work a combination of the office and at home. You started talking about IT and then switched over to project managers. Just crap generalisations borne out of utter ignorance and where you have contradicted yourself.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

kancutlawns wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:04 pm
Just about the most stupidest thing you’ve said. Not everyone has the aptitude or desire to have career in IT. A load of firms have a hybrid system post-Covid where people work a combination of the office and at home. You started talking about IT and then switched over to project managers. Just crap generalisations borne out of utter ignorance and where you have contradicted yourself.
Found the project manager

:lol:
A joyless arsehole.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

theleader82 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:00 pm
Sid Pervcat wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:53 pm

Clue...the answer is no.
There’s been a shortage for years. Nothing to do with brexit. It’s a hard job with long hours which isn’t great if you have a family
IR35? That’s only happened in the last year. Why do you think this is nothing to do with Brexit?

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

I thought lots of those jobs were going to Eastern Europe, India and Philippines
Man U and rangers

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

theleader82 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:21 pm
I thought lots of those jobs were going to Eastern Europe, India and Philippines
Which jobs?

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

kancutlawns wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:29 pm
theleader82 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:21 pm
Which jobs?
Lorry drivers, Right Said Fred said so.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Remember when people dismissed the idea Brexit was about lowering workers rights. Here is Farage saying the answer to the HGV issue is to remove the regulations that limit how many hours a driver can be at the wheel.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Visa's end on Christmas Eve .... jesus christ

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Vespa wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:37 am Remember when people dismissed the idea Brexit was about lowering workers rights. Here is Farage saying the answer to the HGV issue is to remove the regulations that limit how many hours a driver can be at the wheel.

The woman on the couch beside him looks as though she's being held hostage.
A joyless arsehole.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

shabbado wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:12 pm
Vespa wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:37 am Remember when people dismissed the idea Brexit was about lowering workers rights. Here is Farage saying the answer to the HGV issue is to remove the regulations that limit how many hours a driver can be at the wheel.

The woman on the couch beside him looks as though she's being held hostage.
Watching Farage on GBN is good it shows what a twat he is. Last week he was saying the NHS wasn't fit for purpose and private business should be brought in, this week he's saying big businesses are bastards who don't treat their staff well.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Alex spot on again.
Man U and rangers