Yorkshire Massively Racist Cricket Club

Anything sportlike
subsub

Re: Yorkshire Massively Racist Cricket Club

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:19 pm I find that hoping someone is found guilty of racism so that their career is ruined, is both sad and twisted.
Fine. Given his track record, however, it wouldn't surprise me if he did say those things.
And I don't know about you, but given the choice, I'd rather my cricket pundits weren't racist scumbags.
WOKE AND PROUD

subsub

Post by subsub »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:25 pm The left's nastiness in all its glory. I don't like him, therefore he should be sacked

Remember that next time they're playing the moral superiority card
"the left" :lol: :lol:
The past few years has certainly seen the return of tribalism.
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

subsub wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:24 pm
Zambo wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:19 pm I find that hoping someone is found guilty of racism so that their career is ruined, is both sad and twisted.
Fine. Given his track record, however, it wouldn't surprise me if he did say those things.
And I don't know about you, but given the choice, I'd rather my cricket pundits weren't racist scumbags.
What part of his 'track record' would make you not surprised if he made racist remarks?
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:03 pm
subsub wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:24 pm
What part of his 'track record' would make you not surprised if he made racist remarks?
Here are two Tweets for starters:

WOKE AND PROUD

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

It's absolutely right that vaughan is kept out of media work while investigations into his conduct are continuing.

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

subsub wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:25 pm
Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:25 pm The left's nastiness in all its glory. I don't like him, therefore he should be sacked

Remember that next time they're playing the moral superiority card
"the left" :lol: :lol:
The past few years has certainly seen the return of tribalism.
When do you think it went away ?
There's no poem, just prose.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Vaughn is still clinging-on, like a limpet on the hull of a sinking ship. I guess his advisers have told him to stick to his guns and deny everything. It'd be so much fucking easier if he just owned-up. The arrogant prick. I refuse to believe, as the captain of Yorkshire CC (I presume?), he had no knowledge of racism and didn't himself dabble in it.

PS. As an aside. Private Eye writes that BT Sports Ashes commentary team is in disarray. No one wants to work thru the night to cover it.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Watched the Walker Vaughan interview this am. Full of ambiguous shite. One thing stood out for me. If Vaughan is saying he never said the 'you lot' etc. why isn't he livid with Rafiq. If someone had lied and it looked like that it was going to ruin my current career, I would fell like smashing his face in.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:48 am Watched the Walker Vaughan interview this am. Full of ambiguous shite. One thing stood out for me. If Vaughan is saying he never said the 'you lot' etc. why isn't he livid with Rafiq. If someone had lied and it looked like that it was going to ruin my current career, I would fell like smashing his face in.
Agreed, Zambo. 'Full of ambiguous shite' is spot on.
Says "I'm sorry" but not for anything he's said, just for what Rafiq has gone through - buh? :?

Then some PR-friendly stuff about everything he's done for Yorkshire and how he hopes to allowed back to work asap. All sounded carefully worded/approved by his team etc

And rather telling that when he denied the allegations, he immediately looked down and to the right, which is a common sign of a liar (people instinctively look left when trying to recall a memory).
WOKE AND PROUD

birdie

Post by birdie »

Zambo wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:48 am Watched the Walker Vaughan interview this am. Full of ambiguous shite. One thing stood out for me. If Vaughan is saying he never said the 'you lot' etc. why isn't he livid with Rafiq. If someone had lied and it looked like that it was going to ruin my current career, I would fell like smashing his face in.

Perhaps he is livid with Rafiq but he's too savvy to show it in an interview which could be the decider as to whether he keeps his contract with the BBC, as for Rafiq, I don't think he's squeaky clean either, but it seems that only white people are racist, yet, at a place I worked at, the biggest racists were, err, Asians.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

gheko

Post by gheko »

subsub wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:46 am
And rather telling that when he denied the allegations, he immediately looked down and to the right, which is a common sign of a liar (people instinctively look left when trying to recall a memory).
That's a load of old bollocks sorry. Urban myth.

subsub

Post by subsub »

gheko wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:03 am
subsub wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:46 am
That's a load of old bollocks sorry. Urban myth.
Fair enough, Gheko.
I Googled it and you're absolutely right.

Distinct lack of eye contact, though :mrgreen:
WOKE AND PROUD

black_guardian

Post by black_guardian »

https://metro.co.uk/2021/11/27/michael- ... -15673827/

Vaughan's apology is mealy mouthed to say the least. From denial to apologist within two weeks.

This makes me think more that the "you lot" comment did happen. He's made his supporters look complete c##ts.
<Doctor...you will die for this...!>

subsub

Post by subsub »

black_guardian wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:46 am https://metro.co.uk/2021/11/27/michael- ... -15673827/

Vaughan's apology is mealy mouthed to say the least. From denial to apologist within two weeks.

This makes me think more that the "you lot" comment did happen. He's made his supporters look complete c##ts.
Yep, and a non-apology at that.
Perhaps he's written off this year and hopes to be back at TMS next summer.
Seems like this interview hasn't convinced many people, however.
WOKE AND PROUD

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

VorVor could get a new gig for Sticks Like Shit, much like those wazzocks Southgate and Pearce with that still-shocking yes miss bullshit
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN