Ballon d'or

Anything sportlike
JudgeTedd

Re: Ballon d'or

Post by JudgeTedd »

This is just a vanity project for the organisers. I’ve not taken any notice of it since the year Thierry Henry was robbed of the top prize.

Seems France Football magazine aren’t keen on players playing in the Premier League.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

antdad

Post by antdad »

Sadact7 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:44 pm
antdad wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:35 pm Overall judgment of the player's career.
Giving out an annual award with that as one of the major criterion is properly belmish :lol:

“He played like a right cunt this year, broke four legs and scored thirty own goals”

“Yeah, but he won the Champions League a couple of times a few years back”
I suppose that'd come under fair play but I take ya point, Jorgi was just not glamorous enough.

Reg

Post by Reg »

Incredible to remember that Michael Owen won it.
Roy IN!!

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

JudgeTedd wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:35 pm This is just a vanity project for the organisers. I’ve not taken any notice of it since the year Thierry Henry was robbed of the top prize.

Seems France Football magazine aren’t keen on players playing in the Premier League.
They really don’t like the PL. Ronaldo the last England based player to win it back in 2008.

They’ve basically spent the past 15 years finding ways to award it to either Messi or Ronaldo, and by association, Real Madrid or Barcelona.

Although it’s just occurred to me that with Messi at now at those oil slurping Parisian shitstains, France Football might see this as some sort of validation for that absolute farmer’s league.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Sadact7 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:32 pm
JudgeTedd wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:35 pm This is just a vanity project for the organisers. I’ve not taken any notice of it since the year Thierry Henry was robbed of the top prize.

They really don’t like the PL. Ronaldo the last England based player to win it back in 2008.

They’ve basically spent the past 15 years finding ways to award it to either Messi or Ronaldo, and by association, Real Madrid or Barcelona.

Although it’s just occurred to me that with Messi at now at those oil slurping Parisian shitstains, France Football might see this as some sort of validation for that absolute farmer’s league.
That thought occurred to me too. Perhaps FF are trying to get revenge for Citeh beating PSG so easily.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Messi's sparkly jacket was a bit of a worry.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.