Old and Past It

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
VeritasVincit

Old and Past It

Post by VeritasVincit »

Yesterday was Realisation Day when it was definitely proven that I am now Too old and Past it.
A delivery went to the wrong house. When I went to collect it I could hardly pick up the box. Eventually managed it but for only about 5 yards. Seeing me struggling a younger neighbour [probably 30/40 years younger] came over, just effortlessly hoisted it on his shoulder and carried it home for me.
I retired to the house suffering from a mix of aching fatigue and despair about my, now obvious, bodily state.
Next to go will be what remains of my mental faculties

subsub

Re: Old and Past It

Post by subsub »

VeritasVincit wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:22 am Yesterday was Realisation Day when it was definitely proven that I am now Too old and Past it.
A delivery went to the wrong house. When I went to collect it I could hardly pick up the box. Eventually managed it but for only about 5 yards. Seeing me struggling a younger neighbour [probably 30/40 years younger] came over, just effortlessly hoisted it on his shoulder and carried it home for me.
I retired to the house suffering from a mix of aching fatigue and despair about my, now obvious, bodily state.
Happens to us all, VV.
Had to get our neighbour's son to come and help me shift a table the other day as it was far too heavy for me to move on my own :(
WOKE AND PROUD

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

The worst is trying to be a machismo martyr. Not as old as you two chaps, but a couple of years ago had a bookcase that went to a neighbours. He said he'd help me carry it in, "nah, I'll be fine". Dragging it in and fucked my shoulder for a week. :roll:
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

VeritasVincit wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:22 am Next to go will be what remains of my mental faculties
Shall I tell him or...
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

My father said he knew he was getting old when he didn't take his glasses to a restaurant and someone had to read the menu to him.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

VeritasVincit wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:22 am Yesterday was Realisation Day when it was definitely proven that I am now Too old and Past it.
Was “it” a cadaver?
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:51 am
VeritasVincit wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:22 am Next to go will be what remains of my mental faculties
Shall I tell him or...
You don't need to, I'm already coming to that conclusion

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Vespa wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:55 am My father said he knew he was getting old when he didn't take his glasses to a restaurant and someone had to read the menu to him.
I’m already at that stage. I use the camera function on my Smartphone to zoom in and read small print.

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

kancutlawns wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:58 pm
Vespa wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:55 am My father said he knew he was getting old when he didn't take his glasses to a restaurant and someone had to read the menu to him.
I’m already at that stage. I use the camera function on my Smartphone to zoom in and read small print.
Get some specs you fucken mingebag

gheko

Post by gheko »

I had to use the torch function once. It was dim in there though.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Sid Pervcat wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:44 pm
I do.

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

kancutlawns wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:50 pm
Sid Pervcat wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:44 pm
I do.
You do what?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

I do have specs.
Last edited by kancutlawns on Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

antdad

Post by antdad »

I have a 91 year old friend of the family who refuses glasses, hearing and walking aids because she thinks it'll make her look old. It often gets her into trouble like the other day she was convinced she'd been ripped off by a cashier but she couldn't see how much she'd given or received nor was she able to read the receipt but she just thought she'd payed too much.

I just shrugged my shoulders and tbf the aggro caused by her failing senses seems to keep her going and she does look thirty years younger than she is as well as still having a part time job ffs. I want to be shitting in my pants with two marbles left at her age...oh well only five to go.

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

antdad wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:03 pm I have a 91 year old friend of the family who refuses glasses, hearing and walking aids because she thinks it'll make her look old. It often gets her into trouble like the other day she was convinced she'd been ripped off by a cashier but she couldn't see how much she'd given or received nor was she able to read the receipt but she just thought she'd payed too much.

I just shrugged my shoulders and tbf the aggro caused by her failing senses seems to keep her going and she does look thirty years younger than she is as well as still having a part time job ffs. I want to be shitting in my pants with two marbles left at her age...oh well only five to go.
5 marbles or 5 years????