Overrated football managers

Anything sportlike
Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: Overrated football managers

Post by Carlos J »

I've always liked MON.
shabbado wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:39 am
JW90 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:33 am I love the bloke, did an amazing job at my club with limited resources compared to other teams around us. Probably not top level but certainly an excellent Premier League and League Cup manager (four finals, two victories). Got Celtic to a European final too.
He was a very competent manager who's style served him and his teams well for a period.
Modern day equivalent would be Brendan Rodgers.
The Rodgers thread from the LFC documentary was funny, from memory. Great teeth and his envelopes of players. :lol: Somewhere in the archive, sure Dear Leader mark wasn't impressed: http://archive1.talkforum.co.uk/index.php
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

JW90

Post by JW90 »

shabbado wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:39 am
JW90 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:33 am I love the bloke, did an amazing job at my club with limited resources compared to other teams around us. Probably not top level but certainly an excellent Premier League and League Cup manager (four finals, two victories). Got Celtic to a European final too.
He was a very competent manager who's style served him and his teams well for a period.

Modern day equivalent would be Brendan Rodgers.
Both from Northern Ireland. Both won trophies at provincial clubs. Both seem quite touchy about criticism from fans.

Yeah, I can see that :)

finchman

Post by finchman »

Paul Cook......Leam Richardson carried him for years and he's now being found out.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Arsenr wenger . He inherited a good defence and added a sprinkling of French flair. He overstayed his time and sullied his reputation in the process
Man U and rangers

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

theleader82 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:30 pm Arsenr wenger . He inherited a good defence and added a sprinkling of French flair. He overstayed his time and sullied his reputation in the process
Hello Haidrian.

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

Darren ‘she fell on my knee’ Ferguson.

Gareth the fucking fake, shit cunt, snide, woke, negative and factually inept bastard, Southgate.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

For the time being, I have to put Der Rangernator/Ranger Banger in this category.

Won one trophy in his career yet the way it’s being reported this Kunt is the guru of all football.

We shall see…
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

kancutlawns wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:42 pm
theleader82 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:30 pm Arsenr wenger . He inherited a good defence and added a sprinkling of French flair. He overstayed his time and sullied his reputation in the process
Hello Haidrian.
Smh.

It’s a cliche a minute with old Leado.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

"Relegation" Redknapp. Do I win?
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Salem

Post by Salem »

JimmyDee wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:10 pm "Relegation" Redknapp. Do I win?
Almost Jimmy , but i think Henners wins hands down with Southgate.

He maybe a decent man-manager but his tactical awareness is less than zero .

Given a home championships at the Euros and fucked it up . Made it to the semis in Russia via the easiest route we could have hoped for and fucked it up .

He was a good player to be fair but I bet he can't believe his luck at getting a new contract.
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Salem wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:23 pm I bet he can't believe his luck at getting a new contract.
The problem is, he thinks he deserved it, so he'll just carry on turning the same boring shite.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Guardiolas never had to manage an average group of players. You have to respect what people like warnock and allardyce do on limited budgets
Man U and rangers

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

theleader82 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:02 pm Guardiolas never had to manage an average group of players. You have to respect what people like warnock and allardyce do on limited budgets
No you don’t. Big Sam is a horrible twat. His attitude in the press conference when he lost his job at the Boggoies showed him for the odious, self entitled, bitter arsehole he is. Colin Wanker is cut from the same cum-stained cloth.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

kancutlawns wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:10 pm
theleader82 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:02 pm Guardiolas never had to manage an average group of players. You have to respect what people like warnock and allardyce do on limited budgets
No you don’t. Big Sam is a horrible twat. His attitude in the press conference when he lost his job at the Boggoies showed him for the odious, self entitled, bitter arsehole he is. Colin Wanker is cut from the same cum-stained cloth.
In terms of what they do, then I do respect them. Warnock has a good track record of promotion and Allardyce generally has kept teams in the top flight, both of which are probably what clubs which employ them will want them to do.

My gripe with them, particularly Allardyce, is that they seem to believe they should be destined for bigger things. You hear Allardyce talking and he genuinely believes he should be in the mix up for any of the really big jobs which become available. As you say, he’s self-entitled.

Managers find their level, Moyes being a good example. Man Utd nearly broke him and it’s taken six or seven years for him to regain respect for the job he does, because clubs with the expectations of Everton or West Ham are the level where he can operate. It’s not a criticism, it’s just the way it is.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

subsub

Post by subsub »

Sadact7 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:45 pm
kancutlawns wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:10 pm
In terms of what they do, then I do respect them. Warnock has a good track record of promotion and Allardyce generally has kept teams in the top flight, both of which are probably what clubs which employ them will want them to do.

My gripe with them, particularly Allardyce, is that they seem to believe they should be destined for bigger things. You hear Allardyce talking and he genuinely believes he should be in the mix up for any of the really big jobs which become available. As you say, he’s self-entitled.

Managers find their level, Moyes being a good example. Man Utd nearly broke him and it’s taken six or seven years for him to regain respect for the job he does, because clubs with the expectations of Everton or West Ham are the level where he can operate. It’s not a criticism, it’s just the way it is.
Indeed. Allardyce comes across as such an arrogant twat, claiming to be an innovator, and how if he'd been foreign and not looked like he does, would have been managing Real Madrid by now etc :rolleyes:
WOKE AND PROUD