The best football 'pundit'?

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
kancutlawns

The best football 'pundit'?

Post by kancutlawns »

I actually find that the Sky Sport Championship pundits like Keith Andrews, Don Goodman and Jobi McAnuff are of a decent quality. None of the billy big bollocks attitude with them and sound blokes too who can hold a conversation.

Souey's OK, looks like he's always about to punch someone, Carra's decent and Nigel De Jong.

JudgeTedd

Re: The best football 'pundit'?

Post by JudgeTedd »

Lee Hendrie has surprised me with his punditry skills.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

Historically, Brian Moore, Jimmy Hill, Cloughie, Malc Allison, Jack Charlton, The Dooug, Giles and Brady plus Dunphy..recently Souness and Keane can't be beaten.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

JudgeTedd wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:55 pm Lee Hendrie has surprised me with his punditry skills.
He’s not bad is he? Gabboi is a fucking liability and thick cunt. I don’t know a single Villain who thinks he’s a legend of the club and he’s widely disliked but Hendrie’s a decent bloke considering what he’s been through.

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Danny Mills is too bad on Talksport.

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

ccreds wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:54 pm Danny Mills is too bad on Talksport.
Danny Mills is a fucking useless bald weapon regardless of where he is

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Sid Pervcat wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:46 pm
:lol:

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

I’d like to run over his bald head with a lawnmower
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Sadact7 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:38 pm
I’d like to run over his bald head with a lawnmower
Here, do you want this? Looks like Mills is riding it to be fair.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

kancutlawns wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:28 pm
JudgeTedd wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:55 pm Lee Hendrie has surprised me with his punditry skills.
He’s not bad is he? Gabboi is a fucking liability and thick cunt. I don’t know a single Villain who thinks he’s a legend of the club and he’s widely disliked but Hendrie’s a decent bloke considering what he’s been through.
I was watching a game the other day whereby some player scored a great goal. Hendrie on the commentary was so enthusiastic about the strike, and I mean really enthusiastic, it made me think that he genuinely enjoys watching games. I’d imagine when the scorer watched it back later he must’ve loved what Hendrie was saying about him. That shows to me that Lee is a nice bloke.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

JudgeTedd wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:27 am
I was watching a game the other day whereby some player scored a great goal. Hendrie on the commentary was so enthusiastic about the strike, and I mean really enthusiastic, it made me think that he genuinely enjoys watching games. I’d imagine when the scorer watched it back later he must’ve loved what Hendrie was saying about him. That shows to me that Lee is a nice bloke.
He was a really good young player for us back in the 1990s with huge potential. Watched him many, many times and it just didn’t work out. Things went to his head and he went off the rails, badly. He had a couple of breakdowns, has his well publicised attempted suicides, lost his mum and has his four children. You’re right, Tedd, he’s a down to earth bloke and his knowledge of the game is good. That’s why I like the Championship expert summisers, they’re all pretty sound and achieved something in the game, don’t have the profiles of say Neville or Micah Richards but they know their stuff.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

kancutlawns wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:04 am
JudgeTedd wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:27 am
He was a really good young player for us back in the 1990s with huge potential. Watched him many, many times and it just didn’t work out. Things went to his head and he went off the rails, badly. He had a couple of breakdowns, has his well publicised attempted suicides, lost his mum and has his four children. You’re right, Tedd, he’s a down to earth bloke and his knowledge of the game is good. That’s why I like the Championship expert summisers, they’re all pretty sound and achieved something in the game, don’t have the profiles of say Neville or Micah Richards but they know their stuff.
I remember him bursting onto the scene, seemed like a great talent. I didn’t realise how bad it had got for him. I remember hearing he’d lost a few houses I the financial crash, but didn’t know it had got that bad.

You’re right about the the Championship pundits. They seem to have a greater appreciation for the job they’re doing. Goodman is also great.

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

antdad

Post by antdad »

Who's that other baldie co comms (ex West Am forward), have liked the sound of him when I caught him.

I actually think Mills has got alot better and more considered since he started. Rather than trotting out the populist shite he thinks will go down well like slagging off referees and stereotyping the flaws of players he's become a better analyst. Still a baldy cnut but better.

Rob Green, on R5 I think is fairly erudite and an interesting listen which is surprising for a mud eating goalie.

Arty Morty

Post by Arty Morty »

Neil Barnett is very good. Knowledgeable and generally unbiased.
If I could get lucky I'd secede from the states
I'd buy the country at an incredible rate

antdad

Post by antdad »

Arty Morty wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:26 pm Neil Barnett is very good. Knowledgeable and generally unbiased.
Agreed, you a Chelsea boy Arty I didn't know. If we're talking about the same Barnett that is?