The best football 'pundit'?

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
VeritasVincit

Re: The best football 'pundit'?

Post by VeritasVincit »

Dare I throw Jacqui Oatley into the mix ?

Arty Morty

Post by Arty Morty »

antdad wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:30 pm
Arty Morty wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:26 pm Neil Barnett is very good. Knowledgeable and generally unbiased.
Agreed, you a Chelsea boy Arty I didn't know. If we're talking about the same Barnett that is?
No, I'm not Chelsea but I know he is and I still think he's good! I listen to him here in the US on Sirius XM. I could also add Ray Hudson as another excellent pundit, who is coincidentally on with Neil right now.
If I could get lucky I'd secede from the states
I'd buy the country at an incredible rate

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

How could I forget dear old Alan ‘Smudger’ Smith.

Underrated as a player. Does get over excited or too critical on co-commentary either. Just keeps the viewer well informed with what’s going on.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Can I add good old Tim Vickery? His rousing endorsement of the great Pele this lunchtime on Sky Sports was a fantastic counter to Mr Heenan's long vendetta against the big man.

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

kancutlawns wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:54 pm Can I add good old Tim Vickery? His rousing endorsement of the great Pele this lunchtime on Sky Sports was a fantastic counter to Mr Heenan's long vendetta against the big man.
Sounds a smug cunt mostly

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Sid Pervcat wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:56 pm
kancutlawns wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:54 pm Can I add good old Tim Vickery? His rousing endorsement of the great Pele this lunchtime on Sky Sports was a fantastic counter to Mr Heenan's long vendetta against the big man.
Sounds a smug cunt mostly
Well yes but happy to give a little err leeway.

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Indeed old errr friend as per

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

But did Mr Heenan get a right to reply?
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

antdad

Post by antdad »

Smug cnut, what cos he can speak other languages?

Vickery is well beyond being called a pundit imo, more proper old style footie/sports journo.

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

antdad wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:04 pm Smug cnut, what cos he can speak other languages?

Vickery is well beyond being called a pundit imo, more proper old style footie/sports journo.
No, mainly because he sounds like a smug cunt

antdad

Post by antdad »

He started from very humble beginnings for someone so smug.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Not Pat Nevin. I'm sure I don't know the name of the good ones because they don't give it 'the big 'un'. Usually the understated ones are good.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

JudgeTedd wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:58 pm
But did Mr Heenan get a right to reply?
He's standing outside stadia right now giving out leaflets saying what a debauched fraud he is.

Clivert

Post by Clivert »

I used to like Tony Gale but haven't seen or heard of him in a while, I'm assuming he's one of the old guard that Sky sacked off.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

I think Tony Gale does Singapore or Indian TV?

Ian McCall is very entertaining on Radio Scotland, and often makes decent points. To my surprise, I quite like Craig Levein too - not a fan of his coaching and can be a bit prickly ; but he gives opinion and often it'll differ from others, but its not done for pantomime unlike some e.g Robbie Savage.

I was watching a Bundesliga game on Sunday and it had Stefan Freund as the co-commentator man. His English is perfectly fine, and good even. Just has a funny way of saying things - a bit like I probably would if I was anywhere near as good in German as he is in English. A decent game Stuttgart 2 - 2 Hertha and him chipping away with some droll, very Teutonic remarks helped make the game just as entertaining to listen as was to watch.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.