The best football 'pundit'?

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
black_guardian

Re: The best football 'pundit'?

Post by black_guardian »

Still like Marcotti despite the occasional histrionics.

Honingstein and Horncastle are still good and Sid Lowe is good value.

UK pundits are generally a bit stale by comparison. I'd like to see two opposite characters like Neville and Carragher on a Saint & Greavsie type show where they cover something more than just the top flight.

Too many journeymen players getting TV and radio gigs these days.
<Doctor...you will die for this...!>

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

black_guardian wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:35 pm Still like Marcotti despite the occasional histrionics.

You obviously listen to The Athletic. Agree, all good. Haven't heard Marcotti for a while, he's a bit of a diva but he know's his shit. I still don't quite understand why mainstream TV media don't have a journalist on the panel. ie: MOTD. Linekar as host, Shearer as pundit and ... Danny Murphy!? Why not replace Danny with a journalist? They won't ask much money and they will be better value. What the fuck is that all about exactly?
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Motd is some moribund nonsense, don't entertain it you simple fucks
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:43 pm Motd is some moribund nonsense, don't entertain it you simple fucks
I watch it on catch-up if I remember. Please don't hate me. Can I be your friend? I'll hold your lunch box to school. :mrgreen:
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

black_guardian

Post by black_guardian »

carcinogen wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:59 pm
black_guardian wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:35 pm Still like Marcotti despite the occasional histrionics.

You obviously listen to The Athletic. Agree, all good. Haven't heard Marcotti for a while, he's a bit of a diva but he know's his shit. I still don't quite understand why mainstream TV media don't have a journalist on the panel. ie: MOTD. Linekar as host, Shearer as pundit and ... Danny Murphy!? Why not replace Danny with a journalist? They won't ask much money and they will be better value. What the fuck is that all about exactly?
The Gab and Jules podcast plus The Totally Football Show are the best ones. For true feeling of match going fans, United We Stand is great. It may not be fancy or polished but the fans on there give mostly measured opinions instead of the shouty showmanship of other podcasts.

MOTD has been dead for years. It's an ex footballer's show, not broadcasters.
<Doctor...you will die for this...!>

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

What’s James Richardson like these days? He used to be around a lot decades ago with Serie A.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

On BT, does the Champions League Goals Show and Serie A.

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

chelseachelsea wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:19 pm Historically, Brian Moore, Jimmy Hill, Cloughie, Malc Allison, Jack Charlton, The Dooug, Giles and Brady plus Dunphy..recently Souness and Keane can't be beaten.
I’d agree with that, Chels. Souness would be my pick of the bunch from the main men. Very considered and let’s Keane get away with murder because he knows somebody else on the panel will bite. His smile when Roy goes off on one is golden. I’ll put my tin hat on (Zippy) and add Karen Carney to that list.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

EddieCheddar wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:05 am
chelseachelsea wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:19 pm Historically, Brian Moore, Jimmy Hill, Cloughie, Malc Allison, Jack Charlton, The Dooug, Giles and Brady plus Dunphy..recently Souness and Keane can't be beaten.
I’d agree with that, Chels. Souness would be my pick of the bunch from the main men. Very considered and let’s Keane get away with murder because he knows somebody else on the panel will bite. His smile when Roy goes off on one is golden. I’ll put my tin hat on (Zippy) and add Karen Carney to that list.
I’ve grown to like Souey as a Sky pundit over the years. He has this snarling, pseudo aggressive way of talking but I remember him being that way as a Liverpool player from as long back as the late 1970s. Didn’t someone like Alan Kennedy or Alan Hansen say something along the lines of him being understood and actually wanted to be loved? Liked his magnanimity before last week’s Villa vs Leicester City game when he was talking to Merse about how players are mollycoddled these days and Merse saying it was different back in the day when he played with some extremely talented players and Souey said he did too. That was a really touching conversation from two old pros both oceans apart in personality, status and yet both having achieved so much.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Souey’s retired from Sky Sports.

Wonder what the big announcement on the 22nd is? Kick JWOTS in t’bin for good?

subsub

Post by subsub »

kancutlawns wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:13 am Souey’s retired from Sky Sports.

Wonder what the big announcement on the 22nd is? Kick JWOTS in t’bin for good?
WOKE AND PROUD

antdad

Post by antdad »

Not a well man is he or knew he wasn't getting contract renewed and was allowed a soft exit.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Huge clearout at bskywoke now that t'digger is on his deathbed and his trans kids are taking charge. Jeff and da boiz being replaced by Lianne Sanderson and her three angriest pals
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

antdad

Post by antdad »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:50 am Huge clearout at bskywoke now that t'digger is on his deathbed and his trans kids are taking charge. Jeff and da boiz being replaced by Lianne Sanderson and her three angriest pals

Nice line Ghost but Digger don't own or run Sky anymore. SJ said on air this morn that Sky are making a big mistake letting him go so it appears it wasn't Chop Souey's decision to go.