After Life Series 3

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
kancutlawns

After Life Series 3

Post by kancutlawns »

Stumbled on this today on Netflix. Saw the first two and felt this was an many seasons as was needed. I get the feeling with this third season as I’m starting to watch it that it’s a rehash of the first two with unnecessarily prolonged mawkishness of Gervais losing his wife and the somewhat benign characters around him being accessory to him feeling down on his luck.

Don’t know if anyone’s got that far into watching it to tell me if there are any laughs or unique moments or if it’s just a regurgitation that isn’t really worth sitting through. I am feeling an undue sense of trepidation from this unlike the first two. Gervais’s character does actually seem to be the only dislikable one tbh although it’s probably up to the viewer to sympathise whilst not feeling any warmth whilst he has the world on his shoulder and behaves like a cunt to his well meaning colleagues, acquaintances and family members.

Sadact7

Re: After Life Series 3

Post by Sadact7 »

He’s pandering to the audience he picked up doing Derek. They prefer mawkishness and a programme which overtly TELLS them how they should be feeling. Other than the odd good gag it’s pretty shite.

The worst thing is his character has no progression whatsoever. It’s miserable, miserable, may commit suicide, minor revelatory moment, miserable. Rinse and repeat every episode.

He’s a spent force at this stage.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

kancutlawns wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:19 pm Stumbled on this today on Netflix. Saw the first two and felt this was an many seasons as was needed. I get the feeling with this third season as I’m starting to watch it that it’s a rehash of the first two with unnecessarily prolonged mawkishness of Gervais losing his wife and the somewhat benign characters around him being accessory to him feeling down on his luck.

Don’t know if anyone’s got that far into watching it to tell me if there are any laughs or unique moments or if it’s just a regurgitation that isn’t really worth sitting through. I am feeling an undue sense of trepidation from this unlike the first two. Gervais’s character does actually seem to be the only dislikable one tbh although it’s probably up to the viewer to sympathise whilst not feeling any warmth whilst he has the world on his shoulder and behaves like a cunt to his well meaning colleagues, acquaintances and family members.
Seen a couple of previews advertised on Netflix,don't think it goes live until 21/01/2022
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Got four minutes into it and it’s not really getting me into a cheerful mood for the weekend so opted instead to find some banging toons for your Pop Muzik fred and switched over to watch the Brighton vs Palarse game. :ANAL:

Just getting sick of him watching tedious old vids of his wife (the increasingly irritating and mouthy Kerry Godliman), him being a nasty entitled wanker and the likes of his old mates Tony Way, Diane Morgan, Ashley Jensen, Joe Wilkinson and David Earl being complacent in worthless roles.

A shame really.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

It’s already on Netflix, del.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

kancutlawns wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:55 pm Got four minutes into it and it’s not really getting me into a cheerful mood for the weekend so opted instead to find some banging toons for your Pop Muzik fred and switched over to watch the Brighton vs Palarse game. :ANAL:

Just getting sick of him watching tedious old vids of his wife (the increasingly irritating and mouthy Kerry Godliman), him being a nasty entitled wanker and the likes of his old mates Tony Way, Diane Morgan, Ashley Jensen, Joe Wilkinson and David Earl being complacent in worthless roles.

A shame really.
Outstanding review :D

You’re supposed to root for Gervais’ character, but he’s just too much of a wanker.

In a bit Foam Moe

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Actually persevered and onto the second show now. Postman Pat’s a right knob. Posted letters to Tony and told him his girlfriend was sucking off all the men in the area and asked him to ask how his girlfriend was only to tell him she was fine and being taken from behind by the bookmaker. 🤣🤣🤣

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Pretty much everything post-2010 has been average. Gervais's best works are The Office, Extras, and the XFM show and podcasts co-starring Merchant and Pilkington.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Gervais = cunt

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Watched this last night. Even Ratty and The Nonce were shit. No Paul Kaye either. Piss poor series.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Sid Pervcat wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:35 pm Gervais = cunt
Massive. Never understood his popularity. About as funny as a thrombosed hemorrhoid.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

The more I see videos of Tony’s late wife makes me absolutely detest her. We never get to see her foibles, weaknesses or horrible characteristics of which must have had. I mean we se some of them like her being coarse, loud, the dominant one in the relationship, oversized and suffocatingly in your face. Is this all about when the other half dies and we lose any objectivity?

rorymac

Post by rorymac »

I'd say it's typical dumbed down and far fetched nonsense albeit poignant in places tbf. I just watched 3 episodes like the trooper I am :o

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

kancutlawns wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:51 pm The more I see videos of Tony’s late wife makes me absolutely detest her. We never get to see her foibles, weaknesses or horrible characteristics of which must have had. I mean we se some of them like her being coarse, loud, the dominant one in the relationship, oversized and suffocatingly in your face. Is this all about when the other half dies and we lose any objectivity?
He spends all episode, every episode, going on about what a saint this woman was, however her main character trait seems to be calling Gervais’ character a “cunt” regularly.

Which is fair enough.

In a bit Foam Moe

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Tru dat.