Butlins

You'll get the gist quick enough. Feel free to vent about life's rich tapestry and how it pisses you off. But steer clear of other forum members or you will be the target of a virtual kick up the arse.
carcinogen

Re: Butlins

Post by carcinogen »

Carlos J wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:40 pm Pontins is the Butlins shit ginger stepson. Though have been to Pontins Pakefield a few times. Took my nephew as a massive snooker fan and player.
How do you feel about Haven? Better or worse than Pontins? Shane Richie started his career at Pakefield Pontins. Ironic that the site is directly opposite a massive council tip. I think the tip has been filled-in now, unlike Shane sadly. It has all those little chimneys in it to let the rancid gasses escape, much like when Richie opens his gob and sings. Richie reckons he shagged about 1000 women while at Pakefield, trust none of them were related to you Carlos ... at least to your knowledge?
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

carcinogen wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:51 am
Carlos J wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:40 pm Pontins is the Butlins shit ginger stepson. Though have been to Pontins Pakefield a few times. Took my nephew as a massive snooker fan and player.
How do you feel about Haven? Better or worse than Pontins? Shane Richie started his career at Pakefield Pontins. Ironic that the site is directly opposite a massive council tip. I think the tip has been filled-in now, unlike Shane sadly. It has all those little chimneys in it to let the rancid gasses escape, much like when Richie opens his gob and sings. Richie reckons he shagged about 1000 women while at Pakefield, trust none of them were related to you Carlos ... at least to your knowledge?
Ha about Pakefield and Richie. Never been, Mike, to any other holiday camps, well since a kid. Only went there when nephew came up as near and cheap and the free sports.

And nope, no other relatives have been there so not near Richie.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

Just been informed by Mrs blasé that I'm off to Butlins later this yearon a stag do booked two years ago interrupted by COVID, in keeping with what I've read in this thread I think my outfits may well be

Jack smethurst- Friday, a bit of light hearted racist banter to ease into the swing of things
Black and White minstrels - Saturday, it's just a bit of fun, and they were good singers actually
Bernard Manning - Sunday sexism and racism to ease my way into a massive hangover.
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

Reg

Post by Reg »

Sadact7 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:38 am
Reg wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:49 pm
Sid Pervcat wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:31 pm I can't say I have old chum.
They played brass instruments, and they would slip surreptitiously into the ranks of marching bands during public parades etc, and start playing very loudly and out of time and out of tune, and the rest of the band would quickly descend into chaos. 8)
Rather like Kancutlawns in any given TF thread
Once they have started playing the wrong notes in the wrong time, they escalate the whole thing and end up screeching and blowing top notes furiously. Any similarity to other living persons is purely coincidental.
Roy IN!!

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

I'm sure the bot has furiously blown some top notes whilst screeching

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Once had a primary school trip to Warners Holiday Camp in Harwich. Only notable as the filming location of unfunny BBC comedy Hi-De-Hi. Spent a week there but can’t remember much about the trip other than the actual swimming pool used in the show. It was bloody freezing.

A few months ago I looked on Google maps to see if it was still there, it’s now a housing estate. Probably for the best in all honesty.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

hi-de-hi-de-hi

ho-de-ho-de-ho

Go, Go, go

do the holiday rock
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

No

No longer the Bridesmaid

alllooooow camm-paaaahsssss

No longer the Bridesmaid

Who here used to knock out a crafty one to madoc?

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

beingsoblase wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:39 pm Just been informed by Mrs blasé that I'm off to Butlins later this yearon a stag do booked two years ago interrupted by COVID, in keeping with what I've read in this thread I think my outfits may well be

Jack smethurst- Friday, a bit of light hearted racist banter to ease into the swing of things
Black and White minstrels - Saturday, it's just a bit of fun, and they were good singers actually
Bernard Manning - Sunday sexism and racism to ease my way into a massive hangover.
Maybe slightly out of date, BSB, but not unwelcome to some of the audience.

Drink, have fun and observe.

A report back is needed.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:16 pm Who here used to knock out a crafty one to madoc?
Err. That's old, old school. From my knowledge, weren't the blondes the sexy ones? And not Peggy? And Madoc just due to the accent and err older nature?

No longer the Bridesmaid

And resemblance to Marc Almond

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:12 pm And resemblance to Marc Almond
Very, very harsh, Higgins.

No longer the Bridesmaid

Carlos J wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:42 pm
The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:12 pm And resemblance to Marc Almond
Very, very harsh, Higgins.
On whom?