Fire TV Stick

Technology support & advice, including avatar requests
Zambo

Fire TV Stick

Post by Zambo »

A mate got one of these and has had it rewired, so he can get pretty much anything he wants, Amazon, Netflix, Starzplay, Disney, HBO, Paramount, Peacock, etc. He does not pay the subs for the streaming services, just £50 per annum for the lot.

Anyone else heard of this?
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Vespa

Re: Fire TV Stick

Post by Vespa »

Is he's stealing it with Moviebox?
You can jailbreak the FIrestick and then load apps on it that download content illegally to stream to your TV.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Vespa wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:28 am Is he's stealing it with Moviebox?
You can jailbreak the FIrestick and then load apps on it that download content illegally to stream to your TV.
Will ask him, he didn't mention Moviebox.

Apparently, he bought the stick and the remote from Amazon, handed the stick to his son-in-law, and when he got back he could watch the lot without paying. All he had to do was sign in and away he went. He pays someone, through his son-in-law, £50 each year. It's obviously dodgy but he says no one can trace anything back to him.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Zambo wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:12 am

Apparently, he bought the stick and the remote from Amazon, handed the stick to his son-in-law, and when he got back he could watch the lot without paying. All he had to do was sign in and away he went. He pays someone, through his son-in-law, £50 each year. It's obviously dodgy but he says no one can trace anything back to him.
Sounds like a BitTorrent client.

Cole Phelps

Post by Cole Phelps »

Its IPTV, its pretty good, you can get it put on better devices with more memory than a firestick so it works better for streaming live sports

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Looks pretty impressive

antdad

Post by antdad »

Ah ok so he's paying some subs @ £50 p/y to someone rather than a one-off fee, yeah I've heard of it as I have something similar...

I have a couple of Fire TV cubes (as mentioned they have more juice than a stick) running Sky, BT, VOD, TV Series, US TV etc not to mention PPV as in the recent fights and footie not usually broadcast in the UK for which I pay £45/6months.

I think it's above the market rate but I've been with them a few years and the service has been generally first rate so I'm not complaining @ £7.50 a month or looking for a better/cheaper service. I've also installed Kodi which as those who know allow you to watch content from other streaming services like Moon Knight from Disney+ which the kids like.

Poor pic but you get the idea...
Spoiler:
IPTV.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

I like that lime green, antdad. 8)
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Zambo wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:12 am

I've just grassed the bastard. PIRACY IS THEFT
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Good man, I never liked him anyway.

antdad

Post by antdad »

Carlos J wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:22 pm I like that lime green, antdad. 8)
8) It's an old plasma CJ so no backlighting available, it's just an LED strip light kit from Amazon stuck around the rear of the screen perimeter. Works really well and has a disco mode when Ghost comes around for a dance and want's to watch pirated films...

Link to Amazon doesn't work, heres a bozo that can also do it but the kits I bought were much easier than this to sort...

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

antdad wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:11 pm
8) It's an old plasma CJ so no backlighting available, it's just an LED strip light kit from Amazon stuck around the rear of the screen perimeter. Works really well and has a disco mode when Ghost comes around for a dance and want's to watch pirated films...

Link to Amazon doesn't work, heres a bozo that can also do it but the kits I bought were much easier than this to sort...

Ha and thanks. 8) Well, I like the lime and not a Boomer and had magnolia for too long. Time to call the painters in. A living room of lime. Fucks all those burnt oranges back then. though think my last bedroom was that.

Though disco mode does excite. One to investigate. \:D/ :smt038
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

antdad wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:11 pm

I like that.

Will order, install and r-r-r-rave on.

Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe