Saudi Golf Tour

Anything sportlike
carcinogen

Saudi Golf Tour

Post by carcinogen »

Can someone explain to me why there's so much hand-wringing about this Saudi Golf Tour? Apart from the Sports-washing aspect of it I don't see the problem. The Saudi's or anyone / country / can start a golf tour if they want, it's to coin a phrase 'a free world' right? The PGA Tour had to start somewhere, they haven't got a monopoly on golf, the players are free to choose where they play, what the fuck has it got to do with anyone apart from the players? I don't get why wee Rory is shouting his mouth off about it, seemingly wetting himself. I'm not a massive fan of the world of golf, I find it quite twee and pretentious, so it's all quite amusing to me, but why all the furore? I'm guessing money, someone with a bigger ball has turned-up and it's put some noses out of joint ... right?
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

The Tick

Re: Saudi Golf Tour

Post by The Tick »

carcinogen wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:06 am Can someone explain to me why there's so much hand-wringing about this Saudi Golf Tour? Apart from the Sports-washing aspect of it I don't see the problem. The Saudi's or anyone / country / can start a golf tour if they want, it's to coin a phrase 'a free world' right? The PGA Tour had to start somewhere, they haven't got a monopoly on golf, the players are free to choose where they play, what the fuck has it got to do with anyone apart from the players? I don't get why wee Rory is shouting his mouth off about it, seemingly wetting himself. I'm not a massive fan of the world of golf, I find it quite twee and pretentious, so it's all quite amusing to me, but why all the furore? I'm guessing money, someone with a bigger ball has turned-up and it's put some noses out of joint ... right?

Not in saudi arabia.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

SiJo pretty much gave me all the answers ... as I thought ... just a load of people unhappy that another load of people are going to earn more money than they are.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

I turned down high nine figures to mod talkFORUM
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:10 pm I turned down high nine figures to mod talkFORUM
Where the figures barbie dolls?

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

I don't play golf but I wouldn't support products that sponsored an event in a country that would imprison me for being me.

gheko

Post by gheko »

Vespa wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:23 pm I don't play golf but I wouldn't support products that sponsored an event in a country that would imprison me for being me.
First event is in London, then the USA.
See your point though.

No longer the Bridesmaid

Vespa wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:23 pm I don't play golf but I wouldn't support products that sponsored an event in a country that would imprison me for being me.
Goddamn pantywaist

gheko

Post by gheko »

Just can't see it lasting.
Twats.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

gheko wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:32 pm
See your point though.
These organisations wrap themselves in the Pride flag and then enable regimes that criminalise gay people. FIFA is the worst offender.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Vespa wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:13 pm
See your point though.
These organisations wrap themselves in the Pride flag and then enable regimes that criminalise gay people. FIFA is the worst offender.
Much rather play in the USA ... what a kind and tolerant nation that is. lol.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

carcinogen wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:44 pm
Vespa wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:13 pm
See your point though.
Much rather play in the USA ... what a kind and tolerant nation that is. lol.
Qatar has the death plenty for being gay.

No longer the Bridesmaid

What about trans? They ok with that?

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

A smug liberal?

:)
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Sadact7 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:59 pm
A smug liberal?

:)
Cheeky monkey.