Hawksbee & Jacobs - Part 7

Talksport - the main station discussion place
JW90

Re: Hawksbee & Jacobs - Part 7

Post by JW90 »

JudgeTedd wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:57 pm Perry Groves breathing a bit of new life into the show.
Again, it is based on the "most people would be better than Baker" argument but he links well with Paul, is enthusiastic and doesn't try too hard.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

chelseachelsea wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:59 pm
JudgeTedd wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:19 pm
antdad wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:01 pm I quite like the bald whiskey and ginger and he's a great improvement on Baker but the Arsenal love in was a bit much. Click.
Nice to hear it for a change. :D
A change???

Don't make me laugh, have you forgotten Parlour and Keown are regulars on the station as well as Perry.
You weren’t listening to their experts(?) after the recent Man City vs Arsenal game then?

Apparently it’s Arteta’s job to entertain the masses. Who knew?
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

JW90 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:52 pm
JudgeTedd wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:57 pm Perry Groves breathing a bit of new life into the show.
Again, it is based on the "most people would be better than Baker" argument but he links well with Paul, is enthusiastic and doesn't try too hard.
Perry really makes some thick comments sometimes, in one sentence he said: You can always train players to become better in some areas ... You can't teach goal-scoring, being in the right place ...etc. etc.". But he was a breath of fresh air insofar as he hasn't got any 'schtick' and isn't constantly doing his 'act'. I thought he really highlighted how fucking dire and superficial Baker is. Dreading it when he returns. Today? Ugh ... I just cannot fucking stand his 'comedy'.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

scully

Post by scully »

carcinogen wrote:
JW90 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:52 pm
Perry really makes some thick comments sometimes, in one sentence he said: You can always train players to become better in some areas ... You can't teach goal-scoring, being in the right place ...etc. etc.". But he was a breath of fresh air insofar as he hasn't got any 'schtick' and isn't constantly doing his 'act'. I thought he really highlighted how fucking dire and superficial Baker is. Dreading it when he returns. Today? Ugh ... I just cannot fucking stand his 'comedy'.
The good news is Baker is off for two weeks .. bad news is who could replace him when Andy’s off

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

carcinogen wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:43 pm Perry really makes some thick comments sometimes, in one sentence he said: You can always train players to become better in some areas ... You can't teach goal-scoring, being in the right place ...etc. etc."
I don't see anything "thick" about that. You can train players to better in some areas but not in others, is what he was saying, and he's right.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

JimmyDee wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:57 pm
carcinogen wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:43 pm Perry really makes some thick comments sometimes, in one sentence he said: You can always train players to become better in some areas ... You can't teach goal-scoring, being in the right place ...etc. etc."
I don't see anything "thick" about that. You can train players to better in some areas but not in others, is what he was saying, and he's right.
He was suggesting you couldn't train people to 'be in the right place' to score. What? Why are football coaches employed then? He strikes me as the sort of bloke who thinks black athletes are 'naturally gifted' while white athlete's 'work hard'. All that old shite.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

I think he was probably referring to players being in the right place for a tap-in off a defender. Some players always seem to be lucky like that.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Ned

Post by Ned »

Much as I still love H&J, I'm really not interested in listening to a Scottish lesbian droning on about the accessibility of the Edinburgh Fringe on a day when Everton have been docked more points.

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Pegs has done alright today just needs to adjust himself to the show.

scully

Post by scully »

ccreds wrote:Pegs has done alright today just needs to adjust himself to the show.
Not having him sorry

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Lizzie talkin bout dirty drill and blowing your wad captured my interest
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Woman-beater Stan reading-off pre-prepared stats is akin to sewage pouring-out into an incubation cot for poorly newborns. Just put the pipe of shit directly into the mouths of premature babies.

Red7

Post by Red7 »

Can I shock you.

I don’t mind Baker now

Puts tin hat on

Salem

Post by Salem »

Red7 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:01 am Can I shock you.

I don’t mind Baker now

Puts tin hat on
I'm with you on that one . Hawksbee seems to , for want of a better phrase , enjoy working with him .

Saying that , after co-hosting a show with that angry dwarf Jacobs for over 20 years , working with Rosie Jones would be a welcome relief .
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....

scully

Post by scully »

GOOD OLD ANDY