In-depth debate on all topical issues
Zambo

Re: Meghan Markle & 'Prince' Harry - Part 3

Post by Zambo »

When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Zambo wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:40 pm Good, now fuck off.
You know you're footing the bill for this particular legal action don't you? And the potential appeal (I don't believe that there will be one).

If he cannot arrange security to his satisfaction when he visits the UK he shouldn't visit. It's very simple. As usual, certain sections of the tabloid press are making a big deal out of it.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

He's appealing

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Vespa wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:19 pm He's appealing
Is he? LOL. What a time to be alive if you're a lawyer. 8)
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Made me chuckle ...

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

“The duke is not asking for preferential treatment”

Well he kind of is. Nobody is following me around with guns*

*Well, actually they are. But they’re not there to protect me.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

birdie

Post by birdie »

carcinogen wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:17 pm
You know you're footing the bill for this particular legal action don't you? And the potential appeal (I don't believe that there will be one).

If he cannot arrange security to his satisfaction when he visits the UK he shouldn't visit. It's very simple. As usual, certain sections of the tabloid press are making a big deal out of it.
Are you saying that the taxpayer is footing Harry's legal bill for this action? If so, can you provide a link to that information?
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

birdie

Post by birdie »

Sadact7 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:17 pm “The duke is not asking for preferential treatment”

The same rules are being applied to him as to other members of the family. Randy Andy's girls protection was withdrawn some years ago, much to Andy's anger, and it doesn't seem to have affected their lives to any great detriment.

birdie

Post by birdie »

Sadact7 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:17 pm “The duke is not asking for preferential treatment”

The same rules are being applied to him as to other members of the family. Randy Andy's girls protection was withdrawn some years ago, much to Andy's anger, and it doesn't seem to have affected their lives to any great detriment.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

birdie wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:24 pm
carcinogen wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:17 pm

Are you saying that the taxpayer is footing Harry's legal bill for this action? If so, can you provide a link to that information?
Oh fuck, are you going to be a pedant about this? I haven't the time to go rooting-around for my information ... a cursory-search for you to 'put me right' came up with this:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 86394.html

birdie

Post by birdie »

Look at it this way, the cost of his protection is estimated at around £1m, so spending 300k to save 1m seems the right way to go.

birdie

Post by birdie »

I don't think he considered that he tax payer funded 23/7 protection would be stopped when he went to live outside the UK.
He first went to Canada where, under standing convention, the Met provide protection whilst he's just visiting but were he to be resident the Canadian authorities would have to provide the protection.
It was reported that the Canadian government told him that as a private citizen they wouldn't be paying for his protection and the Met were unwilling to pay either, so he de camped to the US were private protection is easier to come by.
This must be eating a bit of a hole in his $200m Netflix pay out but as those lucrative deals don't seem to be so plentiful of late he must be feeling the pinch.
One of his gripes is that his US armed protection team are not allowed to carry firearms in the UK, so he might just as well buy a Kevlar vest :lol:

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

I don’t think some people will truly be happy until Harry is pushing up the daisies beside his Mum.

Then it’ll be all the People’s Prince and how much he meant to the great unwashed.

Seems like history is repeating itself.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

JudgeTedd wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:32 pm I don’t think some people will truly be happy until Harry is pushing up the daisies beside his Mum.

Then it’ll be all the People’s Prince and how much he meant to the great unwashed.

Seems like history is repeating itself.

The seethe is rather strong tonight.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

JudgeTedd wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:32 pm I don’t think some people will truly be happy until Harry is pushing up the daisies beside his Mum.
about 0.1 percent, and that's being generous. Very few people give a fuck about any of this. You're lucky that you're interacting with someone who does .. slightly, when I'm pissed and nothing much else is going on. I don't want the man to die though ... just to leave us the fuck alone and either do something positive or surf, smoke weed and jerk-off.