Meghan Markle & 'Prince' Harry - Part 3

In-depth debate on all topical issues
antdad

Re: God for Harry, England and St George!!!

Post by antdad »

Longbows at dawn.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

antdad wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:03 pm Longbows at dawn.
More like fisticuffs outside St Andrews apparently.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

birdie

Post by birdie »

antdad wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:59 pm I'd BBQ the lot of them but seeing Murdoch's tawdry mouthpiece Morgan get skewered would give me even more pleasure.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/ ... ince-harry
Like him or loath him he's sticking to what he has said in the past, he has never hacked a phone or told anyone else to do so and no one has provided any proof to disprove what he says.
I find it strange that the judge, or, indeed, any judge, can say he did without proof, after all, isn't that what the law is based on, proof.
The fact that phones were hacked is not the issue, the issue is that Morgan has been found guilty of doing something without any proof whatsoever, just Harry's suspicion, and we all know Harry has a mega g ripe with Morgan, who, after all, branded saint Meg a liar, and was proven to be correct.

Morgan is a shitbag, that is not in dispute, but on this issue, I lean towards his side, he's been found guilty and branded as lying on oath without any proof whatsoever.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

birdie wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:15 am
antdad wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:59 pm I'd BBQ the lot of them but seeing Murdoch's tawdry mouthpiece Morgan get skewered would give me even more pleasure.

Like him or loath him he's sticking to what he has said in the past, he has never hacked a phone or told anyone else to do so and no one has provided any proof to disprove what he says.
I find it strange that the judge, or, indeed, any judge, can say he did without proof, after all, isn't that what the law is based on, proof.
The fact that phones were hacked is not the issue, the issue is that Morgan has been found guilty of doing something without any proof whatsoever, just Harry's suspicion, and we all know Harry has a mega g ripe with Morgan, who, after all, branded saint Meg a liar, and was proven to be correct.

Morgan is a shitbag, that is not in dispute, but on this issue, I lean towards his side, he's been found guilty and branded as lying on oath without any proof whatsoever.
Surely Morgan must’ve pondered how these so-called journalists had been obtaining these stories?

Also, don’t get filmed talking about hacking phones. Might make be ruinous at a later date.

https://x.com/implausibleblog/status/17 ... NX_8Wsx4IQ
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

birdie

Post by birdie »

JudgeTedd wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:35 am

Surely Morgan must’ve pondered how these so-called journalists had been obtaining these stories?

Also, don’t get filmed talking about hacking phones. Might make be ruinous at a later date.

Have you actually watched that clip? He points out that all the allegations made against the Mirror during his editorship were dismissed and branding him a liar relates to just one story, which he maintains he had no, and still has no, knowledge of how it was obtained.
I'm not quite sure what your comment about not being filmed talking about hacking phones means, after al, isn't that the whole focus of him being branded a liar, so he's bound to talk about it.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

birdie wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:54 am

Have you actually watched that clip? He points out that all the allegations made against the Mirror during his editorship were dismissed and branding him a liar relates to just one story, which he maintains he had no, and still has no, knowledge of how it was obtained.
I'm not quite sure what your comment about not being filmed talking about hacking phones means, after al, isn't that the whole focus of him being branded a liar, so he's bound to talk about it.
So Morgan is just saying he used stories from journalists that had hacked phones. How lovely.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

birdie

Re: Meghan Markle & 'Prince' Harry - Part 3

Post by birdie »

Watching Morgan's statement does anyone think it just a tad strange that, given he seems to be the main culprit, he wasn't asked to testify, hasn't been spoken to by either the 'prosecution' or the 'defence', or any other lawyer involved in the case, yet he's been found guilty and a liar.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

birdie wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:07 pm Watching Morgan's statement does anyone think it just a tad strange that, given he seems to be the main culprit, he wasn't asked to testify, hasn't been spoken to by either the 'prosecution' or the 'defence', or any other lawyer involved in the case, yet he's been found guilty and a liar.
Morgan declined to go to Court. What people should be asking is why Morgan failed to mention he had a court case against him when he spoke about Harry all those times. Very strange.

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

birdie

Post by birdie »

JudgeTedd wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:05 pm
birdie wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:54 am

So Morgan is just saying he used stories from journalists that had hacked phones. How lovely.
What's so strange, or 'lovely' about that? He says that the only story which has been held up as being obtained by hacking was the Chelsy Davy one, all the other alleged stories were dismissed (did you miss that bit) and he maintains he did not at the time, and still does not, know how it was obtained.

The point isn't whether he knew hacking was taking place the point is that he says he never told anyo9ne to do so., yet he has been found to be lying even though he didn't give evidence, or been spoken to by anyone one either side. Why do you suppose that to be the case?

birdie

Post by birdie »

JudgeTedd wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:10 pm
birdie wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:07 pm Watching Morgan's statement does anyone think it just a tad strange that, given he seems to be the main culprit, he wasn't asked to testify, hasn't been spoken to by either the 'prosecution' or the 'defence', or any other lawyer involved in the case, yet he's been found guilty and a liar.
Morgan declined to go to Court. What people should be asking is why Morgan failed to mention he had a court case against him when he spoke about Harry all those times. Very strange.
If it was thought he was so vital to the case he could have been summoned to appear, the fact that he wasn't speaks volumes.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Morgan hasn't ever said he never asked or knew people were hacking phones.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

birdie wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:20 pm
If it was thought he was so vital to the case he could have been summoned to appear, the fact that he wasn't speaks volumes.
It actually did him no favours. Perhaps Mirror Group Newspapers saw him as a liability so didn’t want to use him? Maybe MGN thought the case would just get thrown out due to the time limits involved?

Either way, that ruling deals a massive blow to for future coverage of Harry and Meghan. I wonder how they’ll cope?

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

birdie

Post by birdie »

JudgeTedd wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:30 pm
birdie wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:20 pm
It actually did him no favours. Perhaps Mirror Group Newspapers saw him as a liability so didn’t want to use him? Maybe MGN thought the case would just get thrown out due to the time limits involved?

Either way, that ruling deals a massive blow to for future coverage of Harry and Meghan. I wonder how they’ll cope?

They'll start getting their friends to leak flattering stories about them, same as they've always done :lol: :lol:

For a pair who went abroad to gain privacy they don't 'arf spend a lot of time seeking the limelight. :lol:

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Still living rent free in the heads of the alt right.

antdad

Post by antdad »

:)

@ Birdie. You do know the case was bought against MGN and not Morgan?