Labour Shadow Government Bullshit thread

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Vespa

Re: Labour Shadow Government Bullshit thread

Post by Vespa »

birdie wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:49 pm
You know that's not true, there are, of course, those who have never done anything else, but many of them had careers before they went into politics. there are doctors, (who still practice part time), nurses, teachers, lawyers, the odd actress or two and TV presenters, but to say that no one in politics has never done anything else isn't wholy acurate.
The people you are talking about are priced out of the political system unless they are wealthy, backed by a union or 'think tank'. I have a friend who is a CEO of a major charity and Labour activist, she's run for election as an MP and both times ended up maxing her and her wife credit cards. This is a person who daily sees the most abject poverty and neglect of children - the type of person you want to be an MP.

birdie

Post by birdie »

Vespa wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:33 pm
birdie wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:49 pm
You know that's not true, there are, of course, those who have never done anything else, but many of them had careers before they went into politics. there are doctors, (who still practice part time), nurses, teachers, lawyers, the odd actress or two and TV presenters, but to say that no one in politics has never done anything else isn't wholy acurate.
The people you are talking about are priced out of the political system unless they are wealthy, backed by a union or 'think tank'. I have a friend who is a CEO of a major charity and Labour activist, she's run for election as an MP and both times ended up maxing her and her wife credit cards. This is a person who daily sees the most abject poverty and neglect of children - the type of person you want to be an MP.

Where did I say that?
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Tory complacency working against them...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62999568

A coastal town popular with retirees has voted Conservative for decades but an influx of urbanites has unsettled the status quo. The BBC visited the town to meet some of the newcomers responsible

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

What position would you bang Rayner (Angie, not the Claire) in? I'm thinking hard left. I'd smash that Keyes style, so hard her lisp would be cured.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

I'd monster that firecrotch so hard she'd be calling for New Labia
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Kier is in don't scare the cats mode.
Liz is in crack addict trying to order a McDonalds via the app mode.

Liz has at least proven the neo-liberalists that all these think tanks have groomed her for and are now actually in government are as wrong as wrong can be. Germany grew its economy by reducing taxes at the bottom because poor people and the middle classes spent that money. I once visited a partner of a company I was working for, in their warehouse they had a noticeboard with a table that showed what benefits you could claim for each grade. It can't be right that people who work also have to claim benefits to live, the living wage needs to be that and employers need to live up to their half of the social contract.

In Liz's neo-liberal Britain she'd remove all rights as in the UK and cut benefits so these people would have to work more than one job their theory being that improves productively. People said Corbyn was a communist and would destroy the economy, Liz is the other side of that coin. At best she'll end up refactoring the Torys back to the middle ground. Maybe not

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

I like Liz. She's got BALLS.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

And a sizeable COCK
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Liz has got some big fucking balls. Sorry that upsets all the wishy-washy lib-dem coalition wannabe's. Time to get shit DONE now. Enough fannying about. Sink or swim. She's invigorated me. I know now I can't fuck about. Gonna make some money ... get busy busy.

paolo

Post by paolo »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:50 pm Going well
what do you mean, hillmans?
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

carcinogen wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:26 pm I like Liz. She's got BALLS.
And they're located where her brain ought to be.

subsub

Post by subsub »

carcinogen wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:45 pm Liz has got some big fucking balls
By reversing a big policy decision just days after announcing it after a public backlash.
Yep, sticking to her guns, all right :mrgreen:
WOKE AND PROUD

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

JimmyDee wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:18 pm
carcinogen wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:18 am For whatever the reason and there are quite a few the political class in this country, on all sides, it at an all time low in terms of talent. I'm not sure how that can be resolved.
It's been like that for years, though. No-one in politics has ever done anything else, they either go via student politics or via a trade union. They know little else but election campaigns and opportunism to get them up the next step to Parliament. Once they get there they haven't got a clue about how the rest of us live, or see any further than the next election and how to keep their seat.

This is why Brexit turned out to be such a shambles; they couldn't just pass Brussels law on the nod any more, and were left to their own (pathetically inadequate) devices. I can't see Palmerston's Cabinet making such a fuck-up of a golden opportunity, but there you go.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

birdie

Post by birdie »

Carlos J wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:33 pm
carcinogen wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:18 am For whatever the reason and there are quite a few the political class in this country, on all sides, it at an all time low in terms of talent. I'm not sure how that can be resolved.
It's been like that for years, though. No-one in politics has ever done anything else, they either go via student politics or via a trade union. They know little else but election campaigns and opportunism to get them up the next step to Parliament. Once they get there they haven't got a clue about how the rest of us live, or see any further than the next election and how to keep their seat.

This is why Brexit turned out to be such a shambles; they couldn't just pass Brussels law on the nod any more, and were left to their own (pathetically inadequate) devices. I can't see Palmerston's Cabinet making such a fuck-up of a golden opportunity, but there you go.
Which shows just how much 'sovereignty' successive governments gave away, that wasn't what people voted for in 1972?, ( I didn't have a vote then but I do recall hearing that it would make trade with mainland Europe much easier and it was supposed to harmonise prices of goods such as cars and wine, whatever dame of that promise.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

birdie wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:12 pm
Carlos J wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:33 pm

Which shows just how much 'sovereignty' successive governments gave away, that wasn't what people voted for in 1972?, ( I didn't have a vote then but I do recall hearing that it would make trade with mainland Europe much easier and it was supposed to harmonise prices of goods such as cars and wine, whatever dame of that promise.
It did make trade easier. No customs at all. Much harder now.

Harmonising the price of goods was never part of it as far as I am aware. How could a new car cost the same here as it would be in say Poland or Latvia etc… totally different economies.