Dentists

You'll get the gist quick enough. Feel free to vent about life's rich tapestry and how it pisses you off. But steer clear of other forum members or you will be the target of a virtual kick up the arse.
subsub

Re: Dentists

Post by subsub »

Carlos J wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:06 pm
subsub wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:44 pm
Zambo wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:29 pm £300 per year which covers inspections xrays and hygiene, and 10% off work like fillings and extractions, or pay as you go. Inspections £70 and fillings £180
:shock:

Fucking hell, that's a bit steep.
I had a check-up last week on the NHS, 22 quid, pop back in 9 months.
When I've had a filling, not cost more than 40 quid or so, I think?
And you're lucky you can get a NHS appointment.

Many can't nor enrol with a dentist. Heard of dental poverty? Good you can, sub.
Have been with the same practice for 7 years.
Had to switch the person I see, though.
For first 5 years, was this horrible bruiser of a South African woman. Clearly hated her job, miserable as hell, rough, used to bash into you walking to and fro.
Soon as I got the chance to switch to the nice Greek lady, I was in like flynn :D
WOKE AND PROUD

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

subsub wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:27 pm
Zambo wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:29 pm £300 per year which covers inspections xrays and hygiene, and 10% off work like fillings and extractions, or pay as you go. Inspections £70 and fillings £180

Many can't nor enrol with a dentist. Heard of dental poverty? Good you can, sub.
For first 5 years, was this horrible bruiser of a South African woman. Clearly hated her job, miserable as hell, rough, used to bash into you walking to and fro.
Soon as I got the chance to switch to the nice Greek lady, I was in like flynn :D
Ha. Top switching. :P
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

subsub

Post by subsub »

Carlos J wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:31 pm

Had to switch again, though, as the nice Greek lady left.
Now being looked after by a blonde English rose who seemed very friendly. However, she also said that she's always v nice to first-time patients so they don't hate her :lol:
WOKE AND PROUD

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

True, Saffers are pretty blunt people without English niceties and miserable ain't great, but her bashing into you could be a sign old sub missed if she could have avoided any touching, which surely she coudl do 'walking to and fro'.

She was giving you Saffer mating signals, Sub, that you did not compute. :roll:

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

subsub wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:35 pm
Carlos J wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:31 pm

Had to switch again, though, as the nice Greek lady left.
Now being looked after by a blonde English rose who seemed very friendly. However, she also said that she's always v nice to first-time patients so they don't hate her :lol:
Dentist 101. I hope she continues fine and iis great leaning over you. And i wish good dental asistants on you as well.

Sometimes make a bad experiernce a good one.

antdad

Post by antdad »

Last time I saw my dentist we got onto chatting about Turkey teeth even though I was looking at getting an implant (mentioned it here), a molar so not cosmetic. He said the reason for it is veneers are quite tricky to get right and take multiple fittings whereas crowns are easy to get acceptibly wrong and but are easy to fit quickly while permanently damaging the underlying tooth. The thought of all that drilling and filling makes me wince...

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

Every orthodontist in the USA is called Dennis.
You can only live in the world you know.The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.

"We shall not go to Canossa!"

subsub

Post by subsub »

Carlos J wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:41 pm

True, Saffers are pretty blunt people without English niceties and miserable ain't great, but her bashing into you could be a sign old sub missed if she could have avoided any touching, which surely she coudl do 'walking to and fro'.

She was giving you Saffer mating signals, Sub, that you did not compute. :roll:
If that was the case, I dodged an extremely large bullet :mrgreen:
WOKE AND PROUD

subsub

Post by subsub »

Carlos J wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:50 pm Dentist 101. I hope she continues fine and is great leaning over you. And i wish good dental asistants on you as well.
Slightly off-topic, I had an eye test quite a few years ago and the optician was a beautiful Indian woman with stunning cheekbones.
There was one point where after doing the wallchart stuff, she turned all the lights out to get a good look at my eyes, and sat incredibly close to me.
Then to put these drops in, she said "Do you mind if I touch you…?", but it came out more like a whisper than a direct question.

I'm sure she meant to say it louder than that, but ol' Sub had to sit with his legs crossed for a minute or two after the examination was over, I can tell you :mrgreen:
WOKE AND PROUD

antdad

Post by antdad »

Cheekbones ffs?! Send it in to readers lives.
I bet you replayed that a few times when you imagined having a wittier response. :)

I was sitting in with the Mrs on a consult with a stunning Indian doctor, she said in front of both us that she had a figure like hers only bustier. She was teasing...stop it, not fair and yes I would've traded instantly.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

subsub wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:26 am
Carlos J wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:50 pm Dentist 101. I hope she continues fine and is great leaning over you. And i wish good dental asistants on you as well.
Slightly off-topic, I had an eye test quite a few years ago and the optician was a beautiful Indian woman with stunning cheekbones.
There was one point where after doing the wallchart stuff, she turned all the lights out to get a good look at my eyes, and sat incredibly close to me.
Then to put these drops in, she said "Do you mind if I touch you…?", but it came out more like a whisper than a direct question.

I'm sure she meant to say it louder than that, but ol' Sub had to sit with his legs crossed for a minute or two after the examination was over, I can tell you :mrgreen:
Ha. Got an eye test on Tuesday. Will hope for a sexy optician wanting to touch me, but expecting whoever to tell me my eyes have fucked a lot since the last pre-Covid test.

If i can't get the bottom row right, I know I'm fucked.

subsub

Post by subsub »

antdad wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:37 am Cheekbones ffs?! Send it in to readers lives.
I bet you replayed that a few times when you imagined having a wittier response. :)

I was sitting in with the Mrs on a consult with a stunning Indian doctor, she said in front of both us that she had a figure like hers only bustier. She was teasing...stop it, not fair and yes I would've traded instantly.
:lol:
WOKE AND PROUD

antdad

Post by antdad »

20/20 at your age CJ? You'll be lucky, you need 20/40 to drive which is about the fith row.

9 to 5

Post by 9 to 5 »

Why not ask Heenan?

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

I've had private dental care for over a decade. My previous dentist was very good at his job but an outrageous flirt: "You have a small mouth..." "Look at that ass!" Yikes. My new dentist is the complete opposite. Lol.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter