Dentists

You'll get the gist quick enough. Feel free to vent about life's rich tapestry and how it pisses you off. But steer clear of other forum members or you will be the target of a virtual kick up the arse.
Zambo

Dentists

Post by Zambo »

Have been with Bupa Dental for a number of years as a NHS patient. However, NHS dentists round here are leaving to join private practices like there are no tomorrows.

No available NHS dentists round here, so now the choice is join a dental plan or pay as you go. So it's £300 per year which covers inspections xrays and hygiene, and 10% off work like fillings and extractions, or pay as you go. Inspections £70 and fillings £180.

£70 for two or three mins in the chair. Who else earns £1400 per hour the fucking Rob dogs.

It's no wonder people are pulling their own teeth out with a pair of pliers. :?
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

antdad

Re: Dentists

Post by antdad »

So your current Bupa dental plan just paid for NHS treatment only, what was the cost of that pa?

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Dental Healthcare is free in prison.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

antdad

Post by antdad »

carcinogen wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:10 pm Dental Healthcare is free in prison.
I'd never really thought about it before but yeah like footballers dental and oral hygene is just as important to the average lifer.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

carcinogen wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:10 pm Dental Healthcare is free in prison.
Right I'm off to rob my local Tesco Express. :D

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

antdad wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:47 pm So your current Bupa dental plan just paid for NHS treatment only, what was the cost of that pa?
Bupa Dental provided NHS dental care without a plan, and you just paid NHS fees. e.g. £23.80 for an inspection. Unfortunately they have now lost all of their NHS dentists, so if I stay with them, I have to pay private fees, which after a good look round today, are by far the most expensive.

Having said that, there was one private dentist who wanted £150 just to register with them, although you got the inspection and xrays for that. Have settled for one now where I just turn up and join and pay £43 for an inspection and fees for treatment are a lot lower than Bupa.

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Get Turkey teeth, Mein Zummz

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Long way to go Sid, for a scale and polish. :D

What pisses me off, is a dentist sees an NHS patient at 9 am, fills one tooth and it costs £65. He sees a private patient at 09:30, does a similar filling and charges £170.

Can't be right surely.

antdad

Post by antdad »

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Great set. You don't know where he goes by any chance.

Willing to travel.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Sid Pervcat wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:06 pm Get Turkey teeth, Mein Zummz
Queerly enough, two girls were talking teeth at work the other day and one said, "Go to Turkey" and then started taling prices fpr treatment and flights and I soned out.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:29 pm £300 per year which covers inspections xrays and hygiene, and 10% off work like fillings and extractions, or pay as you go. Inspections £70 and fillings £180
:shock:

Fucking hell, that's a bit steep.
I had a check-up last week on the NHS, 22 quid, pop back in 9 months.
When I've had a filling, not cost more than 40 quid or so, I think?
WOKE AND PROUD

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

subsub wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:44 pm
Zambo wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:29 pm £300 per year which covers inspections xrays and hygiene, and 10% off work like fillings and extractions, or pay as you go. Inspections £70 and fillings £180

That's private for you. Mine charges £50 check up but don't go, see next post.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Zambo wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:58 pm
antdad wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:47 pm So your current Bupa dental plan just paid for NHS treatment only, what was the cost of that pa?
Bupa Dental provided NHS dental care without a plan, and you just paid NHS fees. e.g. £23.80 for an inspection. Unfortunately they have now lost all of their NHS dentists, so if I stay with them, I have to pay private fees, which after a good look round today, are by far the most expensive.

Having said that, there was one private dentist who wanted £150 just to register with them, although you got the inspection and xrays for that. Have settled for one now where I just turn up and join and pay £43 for an inspection and fees for treatment are a lot lower than Bupa.
I go to a private dentist, for a few years since before Covid. Inital inspection and Xray was about a £50. He said this filling was not looking good (true) and this thing needed sorting. About £180. No problem and lo then Covid
struck.

During late Covid and now, just visit the Hygienist. Never mentioned the dentists thing and they won't.

You pay private, you get what you want. Always months ahead to book a hygienist, but a lovely lady.

The whole practice makes coin from veneers and whitening treatments from those so vain to pay for it, yet lesser customers like me still get the private welcome. :D

If things get bad, will pay the coin as needed. Though did use the NHS emergency dental centre once just before Covid and inbetween dentists. And was great. A sexy Spanish dentist leaning on me pulling that tooth was quite fun. :x

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

subsub wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:44 pm

And you're lucky you can get a NHS appointment.

Many can't nor enrol with a dentist. Heard of dental poverty? Good you can, sub.