Raducanu

Anything sportlike
JimmyDee

Re: Radacanu

Post by JimmyDee »

paolo wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:22 am So why the gong? What services to tennis has she performed?
Why, indeed?
No-one can wait two seconds, though, nowadays.

Gareth Bale is the best footballer, ever, because I love five minutes ago. Let us not look back on a whole career in a few years, once we've all calmed down a bit.
Someone won a thing ... why were they not been given a Knighthood the next day?
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: Raducanu

Post by Carlos J »

paolo wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:09 am got to get these birds on 5 sets

3 sets is still a lottery

if you have a bloke, pretending to be a woman....and then particpating in wimmins tennis, does he have an advantage playing three sets instead of the 5 that he is used to

what does billy hill say on emma never winning another slam after the US fluke?
But winning a Slam is a Slam, paolo and can never be taken away.

A fluke? Lucky? Maybe. But you had to win.

As our aviation forum friends on PPRuNe say about plane accidents, sometimes all the holes in the Swiss cheese line up. It did for her.

Personally, I can't see her winning another Slam. The womens tour is wide open anyway bar Swiatek and most can beat most. But as always there are younger, hungrier players coming through.

But she did play some good tennis in the second set and probably should have taken it to three. She can be very good, so many injuries so early shows as per, she needs to grow into her body and the physicality of the WTA tour.

And yeah, the money is no sense. Same coin, play the same sets. Only Slams play 5 and the problem is there would be so many walkovers after retirements, it would be a farce. But Slams are already a farce because of the prize money. Half fit players will go along to get beat in R1. £56k equivalent to go out R1 at the AO.

We need Tennisman back and, yes, read his book. The tennis parts are good, but as a travelogue, it is great. He does say it is a bit of both.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

paolo

Post by paolo »

Carlos J wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:15 pm
paolo wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:09 am got to get these birds on 5 sets

3 sets is still a lottery

if you have a bloke, pretending to be a woman....and then particpating in wimmins tennis, does he have an advantage playing three sets instead of the 5 that he is used to

what does billy hill say on emma never winning another slam after the US fluke?
But winning a Slam is a Slam, paolo and can never be taken away.

A fluke? Lucky? Maybe. But you had to win.

As our aviation forum friends on PPRuNe say about plane accidents, sometimes all the holes in the Swiss cheese line up. It did for her.

Personally, I can't see her winning another Slam. The womens tour is wide open anyway bar Swiatek and most can beat most. But as always there are younger, hunfrier players coming through.

But she did play some good tennis in the second set and probably should have taken it to three. She can be very good, so many injuries so early shows as per, she needs to grow into her body and the physicality of the WTA tour.

And yeah, the money is no sense. Same coin, play the same sets. Only Slams play 5 and the problem is there would be so many walkovers after retirements, it would be a farce. But Slams are already a farce because of the prize money. Half fit players will go along to get beat in R1. £56k equivalent to go out R1 at the AO.

We need Tennisman back and, yes, read his book. The tennis parts are good, but as a travelogue, it is great. He does say it is a bit of both.
maybe she knew deep down that slam domination wasn't a reality, hence signing all of the deals using her sexuality

the swapping of trainers cannot have helped, and i wondered who influnced her on the cunting of the trainer that got her there

very nice young lady, seemingly, and would be good to see her move forward

strange that tennis is not really gauged by how you play, but by number of slams

anything other than a slam doesnt matter seemingly
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

subsub

Post by subsub »

paolo wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:13 pmmaybe she knew deep down that slam domination wasn't a reality, hence signing all of the deals using her sexuality
You what?
WOKE AND PROUD

antdad

Post by antdad »

@CJ.. so you're the one that read it? Only kidding TM.

Women probably could and should play five sets but there's no room for it in a tournament schedule and it's the men's game that really brings in the coin.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

antdad wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:39 pm @CJ.. so you're the one that read it? Only kidding TM.

Women probably could and should play five sets but there's no room for it in a tournament schedule and it's the men's game that really brings in the coin.
Ha. as per, if 5 sets for women, there wou'd be so many retirements and it will be a farce. Some through genuine injury, some to get the coin.

And as you say, ant, tourneys will take longer.

An enjoyable read. But this is not Bezos site and not going to critique here.

paolo

Post by paolo »

subsub wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:20 pm
paolo wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:13 pmmaybe she knew deep down that slam domination wasn't a reality, hence signing all of the deals using her sexuality
You what?
i'm tired of babysitting you, sub sub

you state what you think it means

i will then correct you
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Supporting Texas

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

paolo wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:13 pm[...]
maybe she knew deep down that slam domination wasn't a reality, hence signing all of the deals using her sexuality

the swapping of trainers cannot have helped, and i wondered who influnced her on the cunting of the trainer that got her there

strange that tennis is not really gauged by how you play, but by number of slams

anything other than a slam doesnt matter seemingly
So swapping trainers, now with bastard Nike, who was she with before?

Give her some original Stans?

Tennis, like golf is a slam thing. The four slams. You know that. All other tourneys are good but not so good. You know that.

There are many people in tennis and in golf, called one and done. One Slam winners.

But to be greater than the pile, you need to win two and more.

And we agree, Radders at the moment will not. Only 20, but a busload of wannabes behind or in frint of her, like Cori and various Slavs.

You remember Jaeger, retired at 22. No slams, so much publicity, a precursor to all tennis teen queens and we both love the Swiss Miss.

If she keeps on the at a lower ranking and gets a bit higher, then she deserves your respect for not coin taking.

She won the US Open, fluke or not, you can't change that.

paolo

Post by paolo »

Carlos J wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:49 pm

anything other than a slam doesnt matter seemingly[/color][...]

Tennis, like golf is a slam thing. The four slams. You know that. All other tourneys are good but not so good. You know that.

There are many people in tennis and in golf, called one and done. One Slam winners.

And we agree, Radders at the moment will not. Only 20, but a busload of wannabes behind or in frint of her, like Cori and various Slavs.

You remember Jaeger, retired at 22. No slams, so much publicity, a precursor to all tennis teen queens and we both love the Swiss Miss.

If she keeps on the at a lower ranking and gets a bit higher, then she deserves your respect for not coin taking.

she'll always have the slam

nice person, grounded....came too fast (ahem)....but better to have then not

unknown, free tennis rackets and a fiesta at best

one big run and the vultures swoop

needs to go back to basics, toughen up, regain that hunger

but for light players, touch players....by the time they have found timing, eased into game etc, it's all over

they have to play 5

you get longer tournaments, more epic matches, and birds tennis, bar power players, is a joy to watch

maybe some adidas lendl

i wear those blundstone things in the winter months, but some saucony turned up today....last years model for cherapness

whole trainer scene turned me right off

a bit like supporting your local band down the boozer, they make it big, the magic goes and some woke ponce is there reeling stats to air force one's yet can't tell you who designed them, when they were launched or who wore them back in the day

my feet don't allow due to soze, but still have puma g villas (insole removed to at least try) and dia dora borg elite....

regular tennis shoes are asics

reebok all but dead, lost it's way from the lacyon days of mid 80's to early 90's

nike corrupt woke shite with zero morals and ethics...a shame....again 80 to maybe 95

puma quietly went away and adidas wank after the eqpt line went

would like a pair of fabric pony linebackers

ashamed to say i one had roos....travel fox...never troop......

adidas greata waitz a win but birds obviously, so look but no touch

reebok gl6000...still have a piar somewhere

nike cram windrunner and peggy plus from 86/87

tripped over some air stab and air span this afternoon moving cars out of garages

mitre cosmos for inddor, hawaii for astro turf

puma schemer and upgratde from match and pissed on nike division....adidas tango bogota for a birthday circa 88

emma in an ellesse skirt, fila or la coste top, file headbad and wrist bands, ellesse ankle socks and yes, some borg elites....all she'd be missing is a maxply mcenroe plus
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Supporting Texas

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

paolo wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:20 am
Carlos J wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:49 pm

anything other than a slam doesnt matter seemingly[/color][...]

she'll always have the slam

nice person, grounded....came too fast (ahem)....but better to have then not

unknown, free tennis rackets and a fiesta at best

one big run and the vultures swoop

needs to go back to basics, toughen up, regain that hunger

but for light players, touch players....by the time they have found timing, eased into game etc, it's all over

they have to play 5

you get longer tournaments, more epic matches, and birds tennis, bar power players, is a joy to watch

maybe some adidas lendl

i wear those blundstone things in the winter months, but some saucony turned up today....last years model for cherapness

whole trainer scene turned me right off

a bit like supporting your local band down the boozer, they make it big, the magic goes and some woke ponce is there reeling stats to air force one's yet can't tell you who designed them, when they were launched or who wore them back in the day

my feet don't allow due to soze, but still have puma g villas (insole removed to at least try) and dia dora borg elite....

regular tennis shoes are asics

reebok all but dead, lost it's way from the lacyon days of mid 80's to early 90's

nike corrupt woke shite with zero morals and ethics...a shame....again 80 to maybe 95

puma quietly went away and adidas wank after the eqpt line went

would like a pair of fabric pony linebackers

ashamed to say i one had roos....travel fox...never troop......

adidas greata waitz a win but birds obviously, so look but no touch

reebok gl6000...still have a piar somewhere

nike cram windrunner and peggy plus from 86/87

tripped over some air stab and air span this afternoon moving cars out of garages

mitre cosmos for inddor, hawaii for astro turf

puma schemer and upgratde from match and pissed on nike division....adidas tango bogota for a birthday circa 88

emma in an ellesse skirt, fila or la coste top, file headbad and wrist bands, ellesse ankle socks and yes, some borg elites....all she'd be missing is a maxply mcenroe plus
Far too much to comment as more work calling
I'll wear anything bar Nike

Steve Jones, Welsh runner. Reeboks, Sublime. As they were becoming fashionable.

The fisrt pair of Reeboks were the softest pair of shoes I've ever had. Not as soft as walking like like Mr Softmint when on Ketamine, but hey. Good times. great times, fun times. But hey.

I've told yiou my schoolboy weekend working in a sports shop.

Adisas prime Lendl and Edberg shirts. Had all of them, the fuck I did with them. :evil:

A long time mistake.

But as a youth you don't know then.

As always, for playing, a crisp white Lacoste is the way. Fuck off bog croc.

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

The only decent Nikes were the original cortez, and the wally waffle.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Carlos J wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:50 am Adisas prime Lendl and Edberg shirts. Had all of them, the fuck I did with them. :evil:
I had a Lendl shirt in the 80s, loved it.
This one:

WOKE AND PROUD

subsub

Post by subsub »

paolo wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:41 pm
You what?

i will then correct you
Just thought it was an odd choice of words for a young, rather demure tennis player.
You say "using her sexuality" as if she was Jordan, doing raunchy photoshoots etc

If you meant she's young and good-looking, that's something different.
WOKE AND PROUD

paolo

Post by paolo »

subsub wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:34 am
paolo wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:41 pm
You what?

i will then correct you
Just thought it was an odd choice of words for a young, rather demure tennis player.
You say "using her sexuality" as if she was Jordan, doing raunchy photoshoots etc

If you meant she's young and good-looking, that's something different.
straight into mega millions promotion....blatantly using her sexuality

perhaps azarenka wouldn't have got the same treatment...
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Supporting Texas

Monello

Post by Monello »

antdad wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:39 pm @CJ.. so you're the one that read it? Only kidding TM.

Tennis has the smallest gender pay gap in sports, and when they both play 3 sets matches they should get the same but not for slams in my opinion.

If someone works longer hours or does more work than someone else doing the same job, then they should be paid more. There is also a decent argument about the quality of men v woman in tennis.