Semi-finals: Argentina vs Croatia on 13th December

Sid Pervcat

Re: Semi-finals: Argentina vs Croatia on 13th December

Post by Sid Pervcat »

theleader82 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:40 pm Messi wouldn’t have had as much success in the prem league. La liga is pretty weak behind the top. 4/5 teams.
And the prem isn't??

I'm sure Gro-bag would have shat his pants at the thought of Brighton or Southampton away 😅

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

black_guardian wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:20 pm I note that pundit Karen Carney is slagging her way around every single TV network during the World Cup. One minute she's on BBC then she rolls onto ITV and by tomorrow she'll be back on the Beeb.

Whatever happened to pundits sticking to one channel as part of the coverage team for the tournament?

Pundits shouldn't be employed on an independent contractor basis IMO.
The by tomorrow was on Sky. I saw her there on Sunday covering WSL.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Carners is absolutely smoking. Like Sidders, I want her to smash me in the face whilst screaming obscenities then demand the acorn of ash crumble into her fiery cave of doom
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

theleader82 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:12 pm
kancutlawns wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:11 pm
theleader82 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:40 pm Messi wouldn’t have had as much success in the prem league. La liga is pretty weak behind the top. 4/5 teams.
Amazing that De Bruyne, Aguero and Kompany did, eh?
Same with bundesliga. Why Sancho and bellingham are overrated
Teams from La Liga have done a lot better than Prem teams in Europe over the last twenty years.
In the Bundesliga you have fewer top sides but there's no doubt both Sancho and Bellingham -and Haaland- did well.
You can bet that the top clubs' scouts and coaches understand what the switch involves and wouldn't take players who couldn't make it.
Gundogan and Haaland are good examples of players who have flourished. Werner an example of one who didn't.
When they come here it's a function of personality and coaching that determines how well they do. Sancho seems to have personal issues and suffered from the turnover of managers and the influence of Ronaldo which are more aspects of United than of unsuitability. weaker
When United were stable Van Nistelroy came here and succeeded from the undoubtedly weaker Dutch league.
Bellingham could be the best player in the Prem in another year. He will eclipse De Bruyne ( who came here, I seem to recall, from the Belgian league).
The one league where I would question the likely success of a recruit would be from Serie A where they play probably the slowest football in Europe.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:21 am The one league where I would question the likely success of a recruit would be from Serie A where they play probably the slowest football in Europe.
Three players topped that in Qatar, Maguire, Stones and Rice.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Jonathan wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:14 am
black_guardian wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:20 pm I note that pundit Karen Carney is slagging her way around every single TV network during the World Cup. One minute she's on BBC then she rolls onto ITV and by tomorrow she'll be back on the Beeb.

Whatever happened to pundits sticking to one channel as part of the coverage team for the tournament?

Pundits shouldn't be employed on an independent contractor basis IMO.
The by tomorrow was on Sky. I saw her there on Sunday covering WSL.
She'll be flogging crisps on commercial tv before you can say salt and vinegar.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:19 am Carners is absolutely smoking. Like Sidders, I want her to smash me in the face whilst screaming obscenities then demand the acorn of ash crumble into her fiery cave of doom
Aye, she’s an absolute worldie bruh

Fucken state of you both
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Got a touch of t'HazMagz there. Hmm.
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:41 pm Got a touch of t'HazMagz there. Hmm.
She looks like a fucking Jehovah’s Witness with Asperger’s.

You mental.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe