The Final: Argentina vs France on 18th December

kancutlawns

The Final: Argentina vs France on 18th December

Post by kancutlawns »

Phew! Nearly there. I do get the feeling more and more people are tempted to now support Argentina in tonight's final. Anthony Taylor not refereeing because of the Falklands War over forty years ago. LOL. Bullet dodged.

Come on ya dirty Argies!

carcinogen

Re: The Final: Argentina vs France on 18th December

Post by carcinogen »

Surely I can't be the only one who hopes a pro LGBT+ rights person runs on the pitch and suicide-bombs the lot of the cunts?
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

subsub

Post by subsub »

kancutlawns wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:30 am Phew! Nearly there. I do get the feeling more and more people are tempted to now support Argentina in tonight's final. Anthony Taylor not refereeing because of the Falklands War over forty years ago. LOL. Bullet dodged.

Come on ya dirty Argies!
Not sure about that.
Chap at work is desperate for France to win "because the Argies cheated and knocked us out in 86" etc :rolleyes:

The irony is that those same knuckle-draggers who were happy to slag off the French last weekend (with all the usual "surrender monkey" stuff) will do a U-turn and get behind them, and start referencing the Belgrano etc
WOKE AND PROUD

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

carcinogen wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:04 am Surely I can't be the only one who hopes a pro LGBT+ rights person runs on the pitch and suicide-bombs the lot of the cunts?
I think you are. Almost all the way through a successful World Cup Finals so I think you’re clutching at straws if that’s what you’re praying for hours before a showpiece final.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

It's been a good tournament imo, and I have no preference who wins it, just that it's a decent game. The danger is, as the sides look evenly matched, that it will be heavily weighted on defence and flair and pace might be muted.

As for people wanting France to win because of cheating Maradona, that was nearly 40 years ago, how long are you going to you hold a grudge. These things happen in football and always have and will in the future. All a bit pointless really.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:42 am As for people wanting France to win because of cheating Maradona, that was nearly 40 years ago, how long are you going to hold a grudge. These things happen in football and always have and will in the future. All a bit pointless really.
Exactly. This chap carried on ranting about Maradona, calling him a drugs cheat etc (which he was, in fairness).
I did say to him probably time to move on :mrgreen:
WOKE AND PROUD

antdad

Post by antdad »

Has Peter Shilton been wheeled out yet?

Instead of brooding for forty years the sour-faced twit should've shook Diego's hand and grabbed his shirt instead. :mrgreen:

subsub

Post by subsub »

antdad wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:34 am Has Peter Shilton been wheeled out yet?

Instead of brooding for forty years the sour-faced twit should've shook Diego's hand and grabbed his shirt instead. :mrgreen:
:lol:
WOKE AND PROUD

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Something I never want to hear again: "...And it's more from Laura Woods and Karen Carney later".

...So I tuned into 5 Live. Not being funny, but I hope Christ Sutton gets early-onset dementia like his dad. Now 'Chappers' is reading out a list of Mbappe's honours. It's great radio. :?
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

black_guardian

Post by black_guardian »

Nice to see ITV showing the closing ceremony and not pontificating like the BBC and their bald twatted pundits.
<Doctor...you will die for this...!>

black_guardian

Post by black_guardian »

antdad wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:34 am Has Peter Shilton been wheeled out yet?

<Doctor...you will die for this...!>

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

black_guardian wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:04 pm Nice to see ITV showing the closing ceremony and not pontificating like the BBC and their bald twatted pundits.
"The closing ceremony is ... er ... coming to a close". Adrian Durham. Sony award stuff right now with Stuart 'BNP' Pearce.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

I missed the closing ceremony. Absolutely gutted about that :lol:

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Mon little Leo.

But I hope football is the winner. :)
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

BBC making a big thing about this being Mbappe v Messi. Tiresome.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On