ISIS Brides

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Zambo

Re: ISIS Brides

Post by Zambo »

JimmyDee wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:21 pm
Zambo wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:37 pm Well I don't know how some can sleep at night, it's not a job I could do, and I have no idea how you have come to the conclusion you posted as your second sentence.
I would have thought it was perfectly obvious, but there you go.
I didn't say or remotely imply, that the worse the crime they're accused of the more they must, by definition, be guilty. The discussion had absolutely nothing to do with that aspect. and I gave Nilson as an example, where I find it difficult to put myself in the shoes of anyone who would try and get scum off like that.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Zambo wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:07 pm I didn't say or remotely imply, that the worse the crime they're accused of the more they must, by definition, be guilty. The discussion had absolutely nothing to do with that aspect. and I gave Nilson as an example, where I find it difficult to put myself in the shoes of anyone who would try and get scum off like that.
But you're calling him scum on the basis of a trial that found him guilty. Before the trial defence lawyers, and juries, must keep an open mind.
Yeah, sure Nilsom had a defence lawyer ... that was his right. Stefan Kiszko was entitled to one as well.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Saints11

Post by Saints11 »

Zambo wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:07 pm
Zambo wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:37 pm Well I don't know how some can sleep at night, it's not a job I could do, and I have no idea how you have come to the conclusion you posted as your second sentence.
I didn't say or remotely imply, that the worse the crime they're accused of the more they must, by definition, be guilty. The discussion had absolutely nothing to do with that aspect. and I gave Nilson as an example, where I find it difficult to put myself in the shoes of anyone who would try and get scum off like that.
It's not necessarily about trying to get anyone "off" is about representing a client fairly and competently. Everyone is innocent until proved guilty, you give the impression Zambo that an accusation = guilt.

That's how I have interpreted your post as I think JimmyDee has as well
mentioning other members is not allowed in signatures

gheko

Post by gheko »

I think Zambo could benefit from reading this.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cab-rank_rule

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Saints11 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:11 pm
Zambo wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:07 pm
It's not necessarily about trying to get anyone "off" is about representing a client fairly and competently. Everyone is innocent until proved guilty, you give the impression Zambo that an accusation = guilt.

That's how I have interpreted your post as I think JimmyDee has as well
I refer you to the posts which triggered the initial discussion. The appropriate section is now in bold. Hopefully this will resolve any misinterpretations of what I originally said. My opinion has nothing to do with 'accusation=guilt', and neither does it say anything about the levels of the crime making any difference. My issue is with the morality of defence barristers representing criminals who they know full well are guilty. However, as previously said also, with the incompetence within the criminal justice system which also works against innocent people accused of crimes, there is no way out.
Zambo wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:50 am
Saints11 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:26 am
Zambo wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:43 pm
delboy1983 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:12 pm There is no upside to allow her back.
Would be a trial and considerable jail sentence
She would get legal aid
This would cost a lot of money.
This way -no cost
Her lawyers have been paid by the British taxpayer.
This is not a bad thing.

Everybody needs someone competent fighting their corner (no matter how serious the crime) as a competent defensive / prosecution gives credibility to the verdict.

I assume she has no money, so would be unable to hire someone capable, so being funded by the Tax payer is better in the long run. As no one can argue her solicitor was shit and her case reviewed on those grounds.

That's my understanding anyway.
Defence barristers are in it for the money and the fame. On a general note, there is something very morally corrupt about someone who knows that their client is guilty, yet they still try and get them off.

Having said that, and it's underpinned by the number of miscarriages of justice where innocent people have been found guilty, you have to have a tight and vigorous defence system, and I understand it's difficult to separate the two aspects. The police and the CPS have a major role to play here but at times they are fucking useless. I've been watching a docu (only seen first part so far) on the murder of Jodi Jones, and the case against Luke Mitchell. That looked very dodgy indeed, with no forensics against him whatsoever.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Let the gammon meltdown begin

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... itizenship

Three British-Bangladeshis win appeal against removal of UK citizenship
Tribunal rules trio said to have travelled to Syria to join Isis were left stateless by Home Office decision

paolo

Post by paolo »

The Tick wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:01 am Let the gammon meltdown begin

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... itizenship

Three British-Bangladeshis win appeal against removal of UK citizenship
Tribunal rules trio said to have travelled to Syria to join Isis were left stateless by Home Office decision
The pakzhi’s will be loving this

Enabling terrorists and Uk haters to stay in the Uk

Only good can come of this
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Its not good to leave people stateless

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

paolo

Post by paolo »

The Tick wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:58 am Its not good to leave people stateless
Begum has a state

She even chose it

Syria
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

minx

Post by minx »

From what I can see the people who say she should be allowed back only want her put on trial for any crimes she has committed.

Which surely is what should happen?

She doesn’t look terribly uncomfy where she is, shouldn’t she be here being punished?
"to be revered" ..anon..

pugsly

Post by pugsly »

Still dangerously newsworthy unfortunately, Theirs still mileage left yet, some fucker will spring her from Syria.

house
chat shows
book deal
re-training
Human rights law degree [ or whatever is required ]
Multi millionaire by 40.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

minx wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:50 am From what I can see the people who say she should be allowed back only want her put on trial for any crimes she has committed.

She doesn’t look terribly uncomfy where she is, shouldn’t she be here being punished?
She lives in a tent in a prison camp, doesn't sound fun. At some point, Syria is either going to deport her or make the UK government pay them to keep her.

Saints11

Post by Saints11 »

Vespa wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:03 pm
minx wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:50 am From what I can see the people who say she should be allowed back only want her put on trial for any crimes she has committed.

She lives in a tent in a prison camp, doesn't sound fun. At some point, Syria is either going to deport her or make the UK government pay them to keep her.
One bill the British taxpayer might be happy to pay
mentioning other members is not allowed in signatures

minx

Post by minx »

Vespa wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:03 pm

She looked quite well kept the other day, I’d say her life right now was more boring than punishment.
"to be revered" ..anon..