Virgin Media

You'll get the gist quick enough. Feel free to vent about life's rich tapestry and how it pisses you off. But steer clear of other forum members or you will be the target of a virtual kick up the arse.
Zambo

Virgin Media

Post by Zambo »

In real terms that want to put my bill up by 44%. That is made up of 14% price rise and a loss of loyalty discount. As I've been with them for 35 years, I expect that to continue. Will only give them one chance, then will ditch.

Cunts.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

antdad

Re: Virgin Media

Post by antdad »

I'm sure you've haggled before now though eh?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Yeah, always do with everything. On What's App now with the so called retention experts. If they are reasonable I will be.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

They make you dance. Dance boy dance!
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Not sure I told my Virgin Media story on here, if I'm repeating ... sorry.

Just prior to my bowel resection, I wanted to reduce all my Virgin services merely to broadband. I didn't need a landline, and with the numerous streaming services I didn't need their TV, it took three hours to get through to the department that remove services they really didn't like it, countless times trying to convince me I really needed their lame TV channels, but eventually, they did it and reduced my bill from £70 to £30.

So I go to the hospital to have my cancer cut out, which turns into shit show when the tumour breaks up, and bits fall into my body, and me having complications post-surgery meaning I spent weeks in the hospital.

Anyway, I get out of the hospital to find Virgin have sent me a letter telling me they'd added the TV back to my package, increasing my package to £50. I ring them up and ask them why they did this and they had the fucking cheek to tell me I'd asked for it, I point out that when they did this I was in the hospital and physically couldn't have called them. Because they really pissed me off by lying, I then sent them a Data Protection request asking them to send me all calls they've made to me and I've made to them in the last year - the result was one call, me reducing my services.

I call them again and tell them they weren't truthful when they told me I'd asked for the change and demanded they revert me back to my original package and the cheeky cunts offer me discount to keep the TV services I don't want for £40. Talking to someone who works for BT sales she thinks the sales guy just changed the account to hit a quota hoping I'd not notice.

I cancelled all Virgin services and I've moved to EE, the speeds are slower (70meg vs 300meg) to be honest I don't notice and pay £26 a month for a rock-solid service.

tl;dr Virgin are cunts don't give them money.

antdad

Post by antdad »

I'd been shafting Virgin for years as I ran a cracked set top box that offered their full suite of TV services off their most
basic TV tariff. Shame as it all worked beautifully until they upgraded their domestic services, still it took me nearly a couple of weeks on and off to get through to someone and actually cancel.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Had a very rewarding What's App chat with Kaycee in the Retention Expert group today.

My current bill is £52 per month, which with the loss of discount and price increase, would have been going up to £75 from April 1st.

Result of a haggle, which was easy, got the bill down to £45 on a new 18 month contract (same package). Saved 30 quid per month, so not a bad hour or so spent having a chat,