Britain is broken

In-depth debate on all topical issues
JudgeTedd

Re: Britain is broken

Post by JudgeTedd »

subsub wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:00 am
JudgeTedd wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:26 am It’s all becoming a bit performative this outrage at a bit of embroidery. People look like they’re trying to show it means more to them than anyone else. Look how much I care about my Country. More than you do obviously. I bet if England start winning in the kit they’d soon start buying it anyway.
Exactly. All these knuckle-draggers on Twitting shrieking DON'T YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR COUNTRY?!? I DO etc :rolleyes:
We’ve all seen those types in the pub during an England fixture.

• Face paint on
• Draped in the england flag
• Pint of Fosters in hand
• Pissed out of their heads by the time kick-off arrives

These types get furious if England so-much as concede a throw-in. And Heaven forbid if England don’t score for a ten minute period.

Then come the final whistle and the Three Lions have somehow contrived to lose, these geezers are to be found out side on a pub bench, sobbing their little eyes out as if they’ve just lost a beloved family member. Usually being consoled be a rather embarrassed looking other half.

Embarrassing behaviour for a Tuesday evening.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

subsub

Post by subsub »

JudgeTedd wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:47 am
JudgeTedd wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:26 am It’s all becoming a bit performative this outrage at a bit of embroidery. People look like they’re trying to show it means more to them than anyone else. Look how much I care about my Country. More than you do obviously. I bet if England start winning in the kit they’d soon start buying it anyway.
Exactly. All these knuckle-draggers on Twitting shrieking DON'T YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR COUNTRY?!? I DO etc :rolleyes:

• Face paint on

These types get furious if England so-much as concede a throw-in. And Heaven forbid if England don’t score for a ten minute period.

Then come the final whistle and the Three Lions have somehow contrived to lose, these geezers are to be found out side on a pub bench, sobbing their little eyes out as if they’ve just lost a beloved family member. Usually being consoled be a rather embarrassed looking other half.

And giving it plenty of "If there was a war going on, I'd be down the front line with them!"
No, you wouldn't, you fat cunt, you wouldn't last five minutes :mrgreen:
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

JudgeTedd wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:34 am Just received an exclusive picture of England’s 24/25 kit. ⬇️

The F.A. has decided they don’t want to take any risks of upsetting anyone.

(Rrp £200)
All white? Aren't they asking for trouble? :D
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

subsub wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:51 am

• Face paint on

And giving it plenty of "If there was a war going on, I'd be down the front line with them!"
No, you wouldn't, you fat cunt, you wouldn't last five minutes :mrgreen:
However, when asked why they never joined the Army, they always reply “Well, there’s nothing worth fighting for in this Country any more!”

Very patriotic. :rolleyes:
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Vespa wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:12 am
Sadact7 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:51 am
Vespa wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:46 pm
Salem wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:09 pm To me , it’s the principle.

Someone has signed that off and find it an acceptable thing to do.No discussion with fans or general public .

Like it or not , the cross of St George is our nations flag and is not something someone should have the power to change , regardless of their personal views .
How many England shirts have you bought.
Why does that matter?
See post above.
No. Why does it matter how many England shirts he’s bought?
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

• Face paint on

The absolute state of these posts.

Your berets fell off, lads.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

birdie

Post by birdie »

I see nothing wrong in wearing a shirt supporting either your club, whichever sport that may be, and a national team, whichever that may be.
Personally I wear a Saracens shirt, I've worn the London Welsh shirt, I wear a Wales shirty and also a Six Nations one, but I've never ever paid for one and the person who did pay never ever paid more than a fiver.
I did mention that my daughter paid 10 quid for a six nations one, but even she said that she wouldn't pay more than 20 as 'I'm not that bloody stupid' :lol:

The clubs know that people will pay over the odds to have the latest kit and so they price over the odds, and if sales aren't as expected they lower the price by a tenner and the dopes lap it up, and the club is laffing all the way to the bank.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Sadact7 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:52 am

Someone has signed that off and find it an acceptable thing to do.No discussion with fans or general public .

Like it or not , the cross of St George is our nations flag and is not something someone should have the power to change , regardless of their personal views .
Why does that matter?
See post above.
Vespa wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:21 am I'm just curious how many people moaning about this shirt actually planned to buy one. Politicians whine about this but it turns out their own party have edited the flag.

subsub

Post by subsub »

lambrini wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:25 pm

• Face paint on

Sorry, I'll try to weave in more wartime rhetoric in future if it makes you happy, Lambers.
The fact I was born 30 years after the end of WWII is utterly irrelevant! :mrgreen:
WOKE AND PROUD

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

subsub wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:05 pm

• Face paint on

Sorry, I'll try to weave in more wartime rhetoric in future if it makes you happy, Lambers.
The fact I was born 30 years after the end of WWII is utterly irrelevant! :mrgreen:
WWII? Bit recent that. Should weave in a bit more of the Battle of Agincourt.

<sticks two fingers up>

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

• Face paint on

You were born in '75? I thought you were my age.
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

subsub

Post by subsub »

lambrini wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:59 pm

• Face paint on

Not quite, but in that ballpark. I'm not a trendy person :)
WOKE AND PROUD

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

subsub wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:20 pm
lambrini wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:59 pm

• Face paint on

Not quite, but in that ballpark. I'm not a trendy person :)
Eh, I reckon... '79. 🤭
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Vespa wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:46 pm

Why does that matter?
See post above.
Vespa wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:21 am I'm just curious how many people moaning about this shirt actually planned to buy one. Politicians whine about this but it turns out their own party have edited the flag.
So it doesn’t matter then.

Cheers.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Sadact7 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:50 pm
Vespa wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:46 pm

Why does that matter?
See post above.
So it doesn’t matter then.

Cheers.
As I've explained above it does to me.