Britain is broken

In-depth debate on all topical issues
henrycrs

Re: Britain is broken

Post by henrycrs »

Salem wrote:
subsub wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:43 pm You seem a little heated, Salem.
It just makes me laugh how angry some people get on X/Twitter over something as trivial as a football shirt or sports emblem. It makes me wonder how they react when something genuinely bad happens to them. I suspect they might lose it big time :mrgreen:
Not at all . After all , you're just an insignificance on an internet forum .

To be honest , i haven't met anyone who is angry over a football shirt . Disappointed and wondering why the need to mess with the national flag yes . But not angry . They simply said they won't buy it . I've always found X/Twitter to be full of angry people so why you find it surprising that angry posts are there is beyond me . In fact , if you really want to see anger and bile on that particular platform , just find a thread with a poster who has a penis and 5 o'clock shadow in a dress and stockings who claims it's their time of the month . Then , call them a man . Fuck me , the anger over the England shirt ( if that's the example you're making) will pale into insignificance as soon as the screaming starts by those on the same side of the woke spectrum as you obviously are .

Don't get me wrong , i'm ashamed to say, i do get angry at times but that's in my day too day life . Real life if you will . I've never seen the point at shouting at a screen
Nail firmly on head again mate Image

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

henrycrs wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:39 pm
Salem wrote:
It just makes me laugh how angry some people get on X/Twitter over something as trivial as a football shirt or sports emblem. It makes me wonder how they react when something genuinely bad happens to them. I suspect they might lose it big time :mrgreen:

To be honest , i haven't met anyone who is angry over a football shirt . Disappointed and wondering why the need to mess with the national flag yes . But not angry . They simply said they won't buy it . I've always found X/Twitter to be full of angry people so why you find it surprising that angry posts are there is beyond me . In fact , if you really want to see anger and bile on that particular platform , just find a thread with a poster who has a penis and 5 o'clock shadow in a dress and stockings who claims it's their time of the month . Then , call them a man . Fuck me , the anger over the England shirt ( if that's the example you're making) will pale into insignificance as soon as the screaming starts by those on the same side of the woke spectrum as you obviously are .

Don't get me wrong , i'm ashamed to say, i do get angry at times but that's in my day too day life . Real life if you will . I've never seen the point at shouting at a screen
Nail firmly on head again mate Image
:dart:

subsub

Post by subsub »

Salem wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:25 pm

Maybe not shouting at a screen but the fact that you've chosen to reference me in your signature (both directly and indirectly) at times shows you obviously do get angry here, a point reinforced by your 'insignificance' jibe.
WOKE AND PROUD

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

I'm getting tired of the forum's pettiness. Some users seem to consider themselves morally superior solely because of their political preferences. Sad.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

Salem

Post by Salem »

subsub wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:31 pm

Maybe not shouting at a screen but the fact that you've chosen to reference me in your signature (both directly and indirectly) at times shows you obviously do get angry here, a point reinforced by your 'insignificance' jibe.
How does my signature show any signs of me getting angry for crying out loud :-k ?
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....

subsub

Post by subsub »

Salem wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:27 pm

How does my signature show any signs of me getting angry for crying out loud :-k ?
The fact that it's triggered you enough to change your signature to have a dig.
WOKE AND PROUD

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

More train strikes and overtime bans tomorrow, Friday and next week. Reminder: London is wonderful. ❤️
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

Salem

Post by Salem »

subsub wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:48 pm
Salem wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:27 pm

The fact that it's triggered you enough to change your signature to have a dig.
Triggered :smt044

Ok , ok , you win
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

lambrini wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:20 pm More train strikes and overtime bans tomorrow, Friday and next week. Reminder: London is wonderful. ❤️
The strikes are nationwide on different days depending on operator: https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/travel-i ... al-action/
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

antdad

Post by antdad »

I think we should all buy a Union Jack Olympic flag and start felling better about ourselves as a nation, hang on I can't...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/olympics/20 ... ontroversy.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Carlos J wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:10 am
lambrini wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:20 pm More train strikes and overtime bans tomorrow, Friday and next week. Reminder: London is wonderful. ❤️
The strikes are nationwide on different days depending on operator: https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/travel-i ... al-action/
The country is an embarrassment rn.

The railway companies' service is shockingly bad, as I experienced during a three hour journey to London on Tuesday. Despite it being one of the busiest travel days of the year so far, they decided to operate trains with only three carriages. The train I travelled on was overcrowded, with passengers squeezed into every available space and no refreshments available, not even water. The toilets were dirty. Dreadful.

If other countries provide stellar railway services, why can't we? And don’t blame privatisation. Conditions were shite during the nationalisation era.
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

They want us all dead
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

lambrini wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:21 pm

If other countries provide stellar railway services, why can't we? And don’t blame privatisation. Conditions were shite during the nationalisation era.
Rail services in many European countries (where quality of service and value for money is better than the UK) enjoy the patronage and finance of government departments, so the British model of worshipping private investment can be scrutinised as a failure.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

The Tick wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:53 pm
lambrini wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:21 pm

Rail services in many European countries (where quality of service and value for money is better than the UK) enjoy the patronage and finance of government departments, so the British model of worshipping private investment can be scrutinised as a failure.
If public ownership works, why did ours fail? British Rail controlled the services for decades. Now, unbelievably, the British Rail industry's expenditure is currently over twenty-five billion pounds. And for what? I can't see any improvements or decent service, can you?
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break